Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Champions League - food for thought

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course it is a base to start from and needs modification and an alternative for duplicates but ....... could work ?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
if it was to be decided who was in for next years champ league it would look like this..

Surrey Utd. Firefighters
West Van FC "A"
Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves
ICST Pegasus
Croatia SC
ICSF Inter
Akal FC
Vancouver Olympics
Rich FC Hibernians ‘A -- imperial cup winner/keep shamrock interested
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athletic Club BC
Poco Rangers FC
LUFC Utd
LUFC Athletics
whitecap prospect------pak cup winner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gorge FC 1
Sooke celtic-----jackson cup

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the point..no matter how great it is..if the VMSL doesnt get exactly what they want they wont do it anyways.
They already know they are the best so why waist time and money proveing it.
All the extra fields to rent,officials fees. And they would never want to travel to the Island. And we all know that they would have to have at least 6 of thier teams in the Champions league..and only want 1 from the FVSL and 1 from the Island.
They also would never want to help the Island and offset some of the travel costs.
We all know how much fun it would be..but the VMSL is haveing so much fun on thier own they would never want to let thier neighbours play with them. Unless it was on thier terms. Cause they have the greatest league around.
Not even 24 hours removed from your personal life problems story and you are right back to insulting those whom you want to partner with. Yes, I said partner.

The Champions League and the BCPL are the same....Only the BCPL was thought threw and makes way more $ents.
Really? The super league was thought threw [sic]? I think it's fair to say it's been documented here on TTP over the last couple of months that it wasn't exactly thought through. Well, that might not be an entirely fair statement, but I think most can see where I'm coming from.

Suffice to say, my own personal opinion is that you start small, gain some experience, review the process and then start expanding.

One of the fatal flaws in my opinion on the whole super-league is bringing provincial spots into the mix. The end goal as first presented was to raise the profile of the game. All this other developing players and going from 30 premier teams to 10 nonsense diluted what could have been a huge step for the senior game.

And then you have something to work with.
Something to approach sponsors with.
Something to sell to the soccer fans.
Something new and cool to build on.
To grow.
All of this could be accomplished with a mid-week champions league program w/o the island to start and a much better commitment from BCSA and all the senior leagues to promote the Provincials.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, Millar beat me to it. Never happened on the pitch and I certainly didn't think it would ever happen on TTP.

:(

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
next step... lay the league out over the course of the season

ghouse no more shots between leagues the separation is to big already...

Keep this positive and business oriented

Cant beat'em , dont wanna join em so ya gotta work with em on this

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, thanks for noting that I beat you on here. It felt really good in a really cheap, weird sort of way. I'm not gonna lie. I feel no shame either.:D

Polska, the only two flaws I see with your plan, and again it is only my opinion, is having the Island in this would be very difficult, for many reasons. Mostly Scheduling. This Cup would have to be a mid week schedule. Besides, I like the fact of having them as the unknown, come Provincial Cup time. From experience, as most guys , I think, would agree, it adds something to the Provincial Cup Draw, and the subsequent playdowns.

Also, to add the promoted teams from the respective first division team into the Champion's League, over the already Premier teams, lessens the quality of play. They have earned their promotion, which is a major accomplishment, however, they should have to battle it out in the next season to earn a Champion's spot. In Europe, not that we are there, they wouldn't earn a spot into the Champion's League either. The Premier teams have battled it out against the top teams all year, and should be rewarded as such.

Don't take offense Polska, because I can see you are thinking for the better of the game.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least we got you talking and your Ideas put out there.
Well done...I like everything your saying..The only thing is I feel we need the Island to be Involved too.
Never the less, its a step forward.
To me a Champions league run at the same time as the regular season ,should be the 4.2.2 format . Equal travel amongst the teams to and from the Island. Obviously the Island would get more home games this way but the travel expences would be fair. (with 4 teams only makeing the trip to the Island once, paying a travel fee to offset the Semifinal game travel expence and or if the Island does not qualify to be divided by the 2 teams makeing the 2 trips over ) Maybe the Semi finals guarantee on the mainland and rotate the finals. Most games would still be Midweek games. only the 2 games per team travel to/from the Island would be a weekend game. The Island on the other hand would have a few more weekend games.(6)
Its a Champions League...so I do not like the Idea of 8 VMSL Champions. 4 is fair.
I do like some sort of changeing of the number of Champions per league depending on (Provincial Cup Finnishes eg) but no league should have more than 4 or less than 2 .
That is just my thoughts of a Champions league run at the same time as the regular season/Cup.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, thanks for noting that I beat you on here. It felt really good in a really cheap, weird sort of way. I'm not gonna lie. I feel no shame either.:D

Polska, the only two flaws I see with your plan, and again it is only my opinion, is having the Island in this would be very difficult, for many reasons. Mostly Scheduling. This Cup would have to be a mid week schedule. Besides, I like the fact of having them as the unknown, come Provincial Cup time. From experience, as most guys , I think, would agree, it adds something to the Provincial Cup Draw, and the subsequent playdowns.

Also, to add the promoted teams from the respective first division team into the Champion's League, over the already Premier teams, lessens the quality of play. They have earned their promotion, which is a major accomplishment, however, they should have to battle it out in the next season to earn a Champion's spot. In Europe, not that we are there, they wouldn't earn a spot into the Champion's League either. The Premier teams have battled it out against the top teams all year, and should be rewarded as such.

Don't take offense Polska, because I can see you are thinking for the better of the game.

None taken, Criticism can be a good thing

It would be sad if the island could not become part of this but thats the reality of Bc ferries and zero bridges...Though i believe this can be worked on...

My reasoning for Div 1 winners being included id mainly to keep that div on its toes and avoid clubs like sporting from falling off the face of the earth. also in relation to the teams relegated from premier the year before i thought this may give incentive to stay competitive..

again its all food for thought and if a base for better soccer can be set and people are putting forth good ideas then eventually we will have something good

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
next step... lay the league out over the course of the season

ghouse no more shots between leagues the separation is to big already...

Keep this positive and business oriented

Cant beat'em , dont wanna join em so ya gotta work with em on this

It was a piss take followed by the juice.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys in Europe for example. Champions league.
How many teams from UK Premier make the league...
How many from SPL?
and say from Belgium?

Its not an even amount ,and more teams from the better league for sure.
It makes sense.
But 8 from 1 and 2 from another....no way ..and we know that the top 8 inthe UK can beat most of the top 2 In the smaller leagues. But they keep it fair...fair enough anyways. 8-2...my god you know that would never be accepted.
We will never get anything off the ground if we keep the mentality that the better league gets (way) more spots. We do agree they should get more ok..but twice as many is enough.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys in Europe for example. Champions league.
How many teams from UK Premier make the league...
How many from SPL?
and say from Belgium?

Its not an even amount ,and more teams from the better league for sure.
It makes sense.
But 8 from 1 and 2 from another....no way ..and we know that the top 8 inthe UK can beat most of the top 2 In the smaller leagues. But they keep it fair...fair enough anyways. 8-2...my god you know that would never be accepted.
We will never get anything off the ground if we keep the mentality that the better league gets (way) more spots. We do agree they should get more ok..but twice as many is enough.

where did 8-2 come from?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, start small and work on it.

It's like talking to my kids for crying out loud - have no lessons been learned from the super league stuff?

8 teams total, 2 groups of 4.

Top 4 VMSL Premier and Imperial Cup winner
Top 2 FVSL Premier and Pak Cup winner

Div 1/2/3 can only gain entry by winning the league cup.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse, You better read again. Nobody ever suggested 8 and 2. If anything, I think I was being fair with the leagues being able to win more spots by winning the thing as well. Again, the Island couldn't be an option for this format. This would have to be a MID WEEK competition. Too many headaches otherwise.

Regs, the only reason, I suggested 12 teams, instead of 8, was pretty much for the fact, a couple more teams means possibly a couple extra games (but 15 only still), and it would possibly seem like more of an accomplishment with the couple extra teams and wins, it may allow for more upsets, and maybe a little more profile due to extra games may= a little more anticpation and banter around even here. One other reason, it allows for one league to earn a spot away from the other (incentive). But, nevertheless, it looks like we're on the same page.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Champions League is a brilliant shout...I would like to see Ghouse, Millar, Polska and Regs form a committee and develop a formal proposal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Champions League is a brilliant shout...I would like to see Ghouse, Millar, Polska and Regs form a committee and develop a formal proposal.
And then have you start rumours and innuendo and ultimately somehow have it all squashed?

No thanks, I've seen that movie.

Signed,

$1600 a month.

:wa:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In reading all this, sounds great but wouldn't it actually be more money to run a Champions League than the BCPL? You're adding 15 games at $60 a game, plus field time and ferry costs. With the BCPL it is it's own season, so you're really only adding ferry costs. It really only would make sense financially if the island wasn't involved, as Millar pointed out.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And then have you start rumours and innuendo and ultimately somehow have it all squashed?

No thanks, I've seen that movie.

Signed,

$1600 a month.

:wa:

Regs, this isn't that old movie about the bcpl called "Crash".

This will be a new flick titled "Together", a comedy/drama/love story about 4 online friends from vastly different backgrounds...watch them unite and work toward a common goal. Here are the early casting calls:

Ghouse: played by Robin Williams
Regs: played by Anthony Edwards from ER
Polska: played by Howie Mandel
Millar: played by Meryl Streep

Seriously, I like the Champions League idea a lot.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, It would be $120 a game. In my proposal, it would be 15 games total to finish the competition. No Island. That's $1800 between two Leagues, which would be less than $100 each for all of the Premier Teams to pay extra at the beginning of the year to their respective Leagues. ( Whether they qualified or not) Fields don't come into play. Each league already has field times on hold mid week(for make-up games). Also, so do all teams/clubs. For promotion of this, hire someone like Regs, or whomever and pay him some money to do this. Teams would pay more than $100. Charge each team 200/300. Whatever. Try to pitch this to a sponsor or three. Get a little extra cash or whatever they can provide. And, at least it's a start.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0