Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Cup o' Christmas Cheer?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am at a crossroad...

I want to say "yes"... but I also want you to drive... so by feeding your drinks increases my chance of not actually making it home without spending $100 in cab fare.

How bout i buy you your drinks friday night at Club Ding...

designateddrunkforever

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am at a crossroad...

I want to say "yes"... but I also want you to drive... so by feeding your drinks increases my chance of not actually making it home without spending $100 in cab fare.

How bout i buy you your drinks friday night at Club Ding...

designateddrunkforever

Honestly, i would not drink too much in Langley and attempt to drive home. I am able to imbibe a fair amount of alcohol and not be impaired. ( both in actuallity and legally as i was breathalyzed in the summer for a project and got to the effect drinking had on my blood alcohol level. i was pretty happy with the results. :D) If however the event was at the 'ding i would be more apt to do something i know i should not do.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone pick me up at the Ferry and drop me off when i'm ready to go home?
:)
My bedtime is 9:00pm

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know or can estimate how long it would take to walk from the "Langley Shark Club" to the corner of Braemar and Saint Mary's (that is basically about a dozen blocks east of the foot of the old Grouse Mountan chairlift, about a quarter they way up Fromme Mountain...for reference)?

I know there are fitness, weather, and footwear issues, but just ballpark would be good.

Bears are hibernating this time of year, so that should not be an issue.

Thanks...M.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know or can estimate how long it would take to walk from the "Langley Shark Club" to the corner of Braemar and Saint Mary's (that is basically about a dozen blocks east of the foot of the old Grouse Mountan chairlift, about a quarter they way up Fromme Mountain)...for reference?

I know there are fitness, weather, and footwear issues, but just ballpark would be good.

Bears are hibernating this time of year, so that should not be an issue.

Thanks...M.

LOL!!

U are a classic my friend. Walk? No run. Run Sir M run. I suggest just staying overnight at the classy establishment known as the Sandman. 3:00 AM burger at Dennys and an 8:00 AM Grand Slam breakfast at the same establishment. It's all there. With your Richard Gere good looks, I'm sure there will be many a Langley gerbil itching at the chance to join you.

But if you really are set on walking, let's do the math.

5 kmh for the average human.

7 kmh for drunk, cold, Richard Gere lookalikes.

Subtract 2 kmh for a few pee breaks and vomitus.

Back to 5 kmh again.

Distance from Langley Shark Club to Braemar and St. Mary's - 45 km.

Passport and identification delays at the Lions gate - 20 minutes

Total time for Richard Gere lookalike to WALK home - 9 hours and 20 minutes

It might be slower if you are carrying a gerbil. :D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should make it to Seymours for lunch. Can confirm that would be just about my "Miles for Millions" distance and time -- although, definitely sober at the time. Don't worry, held my breath walking home down 4th avenue from the Armouries.

Is there a pre-Cheer kick around?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Could this be the year that you and Dickens make your way out to the TTP Christmas due?

The VMSL needs to be represented by more than just the BRM.

Great............See ya then!;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach:

The main thing precluding more VMSL representation is the daunting 35 km drive necessitated by the choice of venue, and the gauntlet we will have to run afterward. Unless of course, colemanj feels like carpooling...

J:

Only once, but you never exhaled...

Should Saturday plinking be opened up to the TTP membership? Especially since the boys were having a moan about the lack of new shins to bloody...

Trece

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll jump in on this...

Something like two or three years ago, the TTP Christmas bash was held on commercial drive at Lion's restaurant. All but like two guys were from the Valley, including 4 people from Maple Ridge, and one guy (the size of two) from Ladner. From the Vancouver side, one guy from North Van (Notty), and one guy from Burnaby (Zaurinni).

Vancouver representation at the functions has always been terribly week-sauce esque. It has always been carried by the Valley guys, so what the hell is the point in having it accessible to Vancouver guys if they don't support?

Happy Monday. Now fcuk off, I'm busy.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good morning Trece.

Dude is actually kinda right here.......We did have mostly people from this side of the bridge attend that function.

We have had a very good turnout the last few years so that is also why we chose to stay out this way.

We have VMSL people who turn out, they just happen to live closer to this area.

I know you can't please everyone but let's see how this year goes and talk about a better location for next year. Please do attend Trece.

Hopefully we see a great turnout from all locations.......Really.

Can't wait to see my bar bill!:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
one guy from North Van (Notty), and one guy from Burnaby (Zaurinni).

Happy Monday. Now fcuk off, I'm busy.

From East Vancouver....but at the time living in North Delta...

That being said...too bad we never found a skate board for Blaze to do his jump off the table.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Dude, we know you'll jump on just about anything...:rolleyes: Now fcuk off, you're supposed to be busy.

Coach:

If I am able to, I will make the pilgrimage to Langley, although it will be much easier if I have someone to pool it with (read: drive me back after I get blootered). To be honest, I'm not complaining about the location, merely stating the fact that the weak sauce gets even more diluted by distance. My own problem has been for the last 3 TTP events, I've wanted to go, but have been stuck at work at the time (Yes Dude, I do have cheese to go with my whine. Now fcuk off; you're still supposed to be busy, remember?).

Trece

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

I would have responded earlier, but you know...

You don't need to be so sensitive. I was merely pointing out what seemed pretty obvious to me...that when this shingdig was held- two years in a row- closer to North Vancouver than Surrey, only one guy from the Shore or Vancouver could be effed (new cool TTP lingo) to show up. The Valley guys, however, figured out a way.

So, if I'm Coach, and am having to pay people to show up, I'm doing it within a 5 minute walk from my front door.

So, like, you know...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0