Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Porkchops!

I love it! Awesome result for Portuguese soccer! However, Baia is and always will be a c-nut. That was just embarassing! :mad:

Good on ya Porto!

:bronco: :knvb: :wa:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a great day for Scottish football. :rolleyes: Septic running around for 130 minutes in the blazing heat can't bode well for Sunday's match.

A Rangers' treble and Shitic trophyless. Ya beauty.

Thompson should have been sent off. Sutton was brilliant :rolleyes: and Balde is all class.

Unlucky Sellick. Honest.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 3-2 Porkchops!

Originally posted by gomesy_jr
However, Baia is and always will be a c-nut. That was just embarassing! :mad:

Especially his jersey number.....

Not gretzky-isque at all....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy_Jr.:

I didn't think either of Henrik's goals Victor could have saved.
The first goal was out of his reach and his second goal was a bullet.

:confused:

Anyway, sorry not to mention, but congrats to Porto.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anybody was referring to the goals Baia let in.

The "cnut" tag probably stems from the blatant play-acting that swarthy, overrated bastard indulged in late in the second extra-time frame.

In a game where his teammates were on the receiving end of some nasty and physical tackles, it was embarassing that he went for a 45-second rollaround on a play where he didn't even get touched by Laursen.

Douglas looked like shite on the final goal. He seemed to be anticipating contact in some form while he was sliding, but it never came. As a result, he was left like a fish out of water trying to scramble back to safety.

Anyways, the only two guys worth watching today were Larsson and Deco.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas looked like shite on the final goal
Nothing compares though to how he looked when Larsson scored his first goal... that was the gayest handstand/hangspring ever :rolleyes:

Based on that "celebration" alone, Celtic deserved to lose... :D

I agree with the others that Porto deserved the match. They defended well and #10 is magic for them. This was the first game I've seen Celtic play and from what I saw, they are pure and simple, a one-trick pony. A very effective pony though... :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by ParkHead
When CELTIC win tomorrow RF come by the club and you will have many a friend

why oh why do you say such things?

Sad day for Scottish football, but if you are a Rangers fan;)

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I managed to watch most of the game live during the kids Socials exam. I was very fortunate that the room I was in had cable. I watched up until the 80th minute and caught the overtime when I got home. Porto had more possession but I thought Celtic did very well EXCEPT for the few defensive miscues, which they have been prone to all year. That Porto goalie should be shot for his antics and Douglas should be shot for his 'goaltending'. Once again, he had a massive fcuk-up although the Celtic defense was in a bit of trouble at that point. I hope Balde's first yellow was worse than the second one. Rubbish. I'm not even going to congratulate any of the Portuguese on the site because it is embarrassing watching those cnuts roll around, especially #11. A new rule must be brought in next year. Overall, it was a decent game and Celtic certainly gave a good account of themselves, despite what the webmaster says about a one-trick pony. :rolleyes: I guess an engagement starts distorting one's vision. ;)

We certainly missed Hartson today. :rolleyes: The only person I hate more than the tub of shite is the Scottish National goalie. Well done, Rab. Spectacular stuff you cnut.

Well, we have one more change to 'salvage' a decent season. Let's hope for the best on Sunday.....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual, the fans are nothing but class..

By the final whistle, after a thriller of a second half and despite the result, there can have been no regrets.

Of the estimated 80,000 Celtic fans who had launched the most good-natured of invasions of Andalucia, only around 35,000 made it into the Estadio Olimpico for the match. Even so, they still outnumbered the blue-and-white clad Porto supporters by two to one.

Whatever the result, this was always going to a memorable night for Celtic, though it ended in tears of despair rather than jubilation. Perhaps never before has a match been so transformed by fans alone from mere a game of football into a national event.

BTW, I don't blame Buckfast for his negative comments towards Celtic's loss. Honest. If Rangers were in the same position, which we know will NEVER happen, I would be doing the same thing. I would NEVER want those cnuts to win anything, even if they are from Scotland. Actually, most of their fans don't know what they are anyway. Let's see....want to be British but I hate the English and I certainly hate the Irish people who are associated with Celtic. Fcuk, where do I belong? ......It generally goes something like that, HOS, doesn't it? Actually, you wouldn't have a clue about anything like that, so I take that unfair question back. :p

It's still a grand ole team to play for.....It's a grand ole team to see.....especially in the UEFA Cup FINAL.

Captain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Hear Your Frustration

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Let's see....want to be British but I hate the English and I certainly hate the Irish people who are associated with Celtic. Fcuk, where do I belong? ......It generally goes something like that, HOS, doesn't it?

Take it out on HOS because the Celtics lost, and the keeper shitt the bed, and HOS is a keeper.

As for your little question, I support ManU because they are a great team that play supper football, by some of the best players from all over the world, by the VERY BEST Manager in the World.

I do not hate Irish people, but small folk do scare me, what is with all the green?

I support Rangers because I was born of that faith, but I don't even go to church on a regular basis.
I actually like to see the Celtics do well, they have one of the best strickers in the World, who is Swedish, why do I like that, Capt.?

So Sorry agout the result, but No worries, the sun will come up tomorrow, some where.

HOS

:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome for portuguese soccer?

You must be joking, bunch of cheating cnuts. No. 11 was stretchered off no less than 5 times. He came back 5 times, that makes him a cheat. The keeper was a disgrace as well.

As for Balde's first yellow, it wasn't even a foul let alone a caution.

Much like many of the cautions that pathetic referee gave out.

Larsson is Ghod but he didn't carry the team.

I'm proud of Celtic and their performance right through this tournament. They played great football and battled right through to the end.

Babic, let your hatred and bitterness sustain you. Rangers? Some comfort they are.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No frustration here, HOS. We knew all year that Celtic's goaltending was an issue. This weekend's games would be MOOT because Celtic dropped points, particularly the 3-3 game against Rangers, thanks to Scotland number 1. This is nothing new. BTW, what was he thinking on the second goal. He led with his fcuking feet and the ball went under him. I'm not a goalie but I know he should have hit the ground and led with his hands and chest. It would have been a save. Either way, I'm not frustrated with a Celtic team who give its fans a lot to cheer about this year. If they happen to come up short on the weekend, it won't be through a lack of desire. That is one thing this team has. As a fan or a coach, you couldn't ask for more.

Hail Hail

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Did you manage to spot the red card given to the ref at the outset? Highlight packages this evening included bits of the lastest streaker flashing his junk around. :D

So funny, those guys.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mannion,

Why did you even visit this thread, if you knew what you were going to get. Ya big greetin' baby

Like the Captain said, and I whole-heartedly agree, he/you would want to see Rangers lose. No disguise. Fair enough. I can live with that because it's honest.

But don't expect me to cheer on Celtic regardless of a friendly, inter-squad game or UEFA Cup Final. Which by the way was a great accomplishment, that's something that I will not deny.

Call it what you want (read: hatred), I love to see you and the rest of your mob wallow in defeat. Next to wearing Beanbag's y-fronts and golfing with Fasty's clubs, there is no better feeling.

Almost forgot what else I enjoy seeing. Your excuses on why Celtic lost. Surprised I haven't heard the ref's a mason yet. If Balde didn't deserve to be sent off, then you got away with one on Thompson diabolical "tackle". Unprofessional.

Fcukin' Treble, mate. Get that right up you.

Babic

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baia

Sensei is right, i was calling Baia a c-nut for his brutal dive in overtime (plus i've never liked him anyways). I agree that he had no chance on the two goals scored against him.

Jinky - of course it is awesome for Portuguese soccer. They won the bloody cup! How could it not be good for their league? I didn't mention anything about how they played. I'm just happy they won because it will benefit the Portuguese league (which really needs some help).

Cheers,
Gomesy

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can do anything but stay off of my blue suede nose..

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Fcuk, where do I belong?

On top of the league brother, that's where we belong. :p

Originally posted by Jinky
Rangers? Some comfort they are.

My Teddy Bear with his royal blue jersey is comfy when I go to bed each night. :p

Gomesy: Sorry man, I left at full time and mis-read your post regarding Baia.
I stand corrected.

Cheers,
RF

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Bucky, there was no greetin in our club. Just like the supporters in Seville, we sang our team off the pitch.

I wasn't making excuses either. I was stating facts.

No the referee wasn't a mason, he was simply inept.

He issued a yellow card after only seven minutes for the very first hard tackle. That was a statement by the referee that Celtic should not be allowed to enjoy their size advantage. No physical play in a Cup final? Every tackle and challenged head ball Celtic made after that was deemed a foul. So Celtic went into the second half with a yellow card hanging over the heads of numerous players and the Porto players knew that they had the ref fooled.
They must have known that all they had to do was continue play acting and eventually some Celtic player would be sent-off.

I suppose the continentals consider that to be a skill, I think it's pathetic.

Alex Ferguson said that British clubs are simply too honest.
A Cup final is a tough place to learn that.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the game and all along I was just waiting for the gamesmanship by Porto to start. Sure enough, once a few yellows had been handed out it began. You knew that Celtic wouldn't finish with eleven. Just a friendly observation from a neutral fan.

Holy crap, do I sound like Greg Millen or what? I will try not to do that again.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinks,

No argument on those points. But this is nothing new and has gone on for yonks. British teams should know better.

It's for this reason that I can't be bothered to watch most European Finals. I couldn't give a toss about the Juve/AC match. Load of pants, I'm sure.

I thought M'ON was classic at the end of the match when asked what he thought of Portrangers "sportsmanship". He's under review.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unrucky Celtic

Jinky, Captain and everyone else who supports those cnuts except Steve123 (he's a rookie cnut);) I feel for the lot of ya... However, Balde isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and Thompson was VERY lucky he didn't recieve a red never mind a card on that bush league tackle... The Porto player he shoulder blocked actually got up AND wasn't making a meal of it... I can't say the same for the rest of those cheating Pork chops!!!:mad:

BTW, What's with Martin O'neil ??? I know he's a farm boy, but why the hell can't he dress for the occasion like every other top manager in the game??? He looks like he's about to milk the cows rather than lead his beloved team into the UEFA Cup final...:rolleyes:

GuinnesshappytoseeScotlandgetTWOChampionsLeaguespots

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0