Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA CUP 2003/2004 - Where are the Huns?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic with a comfortable 3 - 0 win over Teplice, who is currently 10th in the Czech Republic league, and is 5 spots ahead of Viktoria Zizkov, who knocked the Huns out of the competition a year ago. :D Hopefully, the Bhoys will be able to rest a few of the starters, so we can put more of a lumping on the boys in blue next Sunday. The win brings Celtic's undefeated home streak, in all competitions, to 71 games. By next Sunday, it should be up to 73, if everything goes according to plan.

Hail! Hail!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: UEFA CUP 2003/2004 - Unlucky Sellick.........

1 CELTIC v Barcelona

2 Genclerbirligi v Valencia

3 Bordeaux v Club Bruges

4 NEWCASTLE v Real Mallorca

5 Auxerre v PSV Eindhoven

6 Inter Milan v Benfica

7 LIVERPOOL v Marseille

8 Villarreal v Roma

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: UEFA CUP 2003/2004 - Unlucky Sellick.........

Captain et. all .....

Obviously, you've got a difficult tie ahead of you but it offers the Celtic Supporters a cracking few days in Barcelona.

Good thing EasyJet offers flights for a tenner. Bring your own peanuts though ....

How much of this do you plan to see in the streets of Las Ramblas ....

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82522&postcount=189

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks

If you had seen the sh!t performance Barca gave yesterday, you might put the edge in Celtic's favour. Mind you, they are no Porto!
hail hail.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky cnut ....

steve1234 said:
Mind you, they are no Porto!
They certainly aren't ..... mind you, they beat you too didn't they ?? :D

The only difference between United & Celtic next week is that you'll be in Barcelona getting pissed on the beach while we'll be infront of Lou Macari's Fish Shop outside Old Trafford getting pissed :rolleyes:

It's a bloody good thing we're 16 points up on Newcastle at the moment ..... God knows if it was anything less, we'd be in the UEFA Cup next year ......

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
steve1234 said:
If you had seen the sh!t performance Barca gave yesterday, you might put the edge in Celtic's favour.

hail hail.

Hail, hail, the Celts are queer....

;)

I have to agree with Stevie Oneder.
I fancy Celtic here.
Dirty fcukin Spaniards.....
Mind you Ronaldhino's gob would be a good opener for a bottle of Tennents.
They're a bit useful I suppose.

Where are the Huns?

They're in your ground tomorrow Captain with pies and darts in hand. :D
Can you here Celtic sing?
Not tomorrow. :cool:
Funny how we just get that wee slice of Paradise :rolleyes: Pie given to us and yet we always drown you out.
Yet we always give you a full stand.
And we still drown you out at oor hoose.

Funny that isn't it? :)

I hope after the drubbing we give you tomorrow, I really hope you stuff it up Barca's arse even harder.

On topic, :p

RF

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I really hope you stuff it up Barca's arse even harder./QUOTE]

Are you a fcukin' masochist? Isn't Rangers performance enough pain, then to hope Celtic progress in Europe? What's next, asking the Captain for the electrodes to the testicles, while Jinky, Parkhead and Steve-o do a triple-play golden shower?

Get it together, man.

Buckfast

PS - Don't bother with your "it will to ensure two Champions League spots" bollocks.Don't want them doing us any fcukin' favours.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky/RF,

Just take your gubbing tomorrow and go hide in the corner, much like you have over the last couple of months while watching your beloved team drop 16 points off the pace. :p As for the rest of the Hun 'fans', they probably don't even know there is a game tomorrow. They're assuming the season is over.......which for all intents and purposes, is....What does the number 1690 mean to the Huns? Battle of what? As someone pointed out on e-tims, it actually means 16 points adrift and 90 minutes left in your fcuking season. Thanks for coming out.

Hail! Hail!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Madness at Celtic Park

Fcuk sakes ...... been following the live commentary here and all hell broken's loose at Celtic Park today .......

3 Red Cards given out - Douglas (Celtic), Motta & Saviola (Barcelona).

Thompson (God bless the English :D ) has scored in the 59th minute to give Celtic a 1-0 lead.

Hopefully, Captain, Jinky and Parkhead are watching it and can give us their match reports ...... would be nice to nick another goal before going to the Nou Camp ......

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - 0 will have to do.

An injury depleted Celtic played well today and pretty much bossed Barcelona around the pitch. The square-heed referee was excellent today, not simply because he sent off more of their players than ours but because he didn't try to "even things out" physically. Barca were lucky to only have two men sent off. Michael Reiziger should have been sent off as well rather than substituted. Stephen Pearson roasted the Dutch International all game long.

Big Bobo was MOTM again and it was fully deserved.
I wondered if perhaps Sven Eriksson was at Celtic Park again today as Thommo was playing poorly for the first ten minutes. He turned things around with two beautiful 40 yard passes and general solid play topping thing off with a thumping volleyed goal from an equally tremendous headed knock-down from Ghod.

With Sutton and Hartson out, I would have settled for a goaless draw today but this result was no less than Celtic deserved.

On a side note, both teams asked UEFA for a postponement of the game due to the bombings in Madrid but were told the game must go on. The Barca supporters made a mockery of the minutes silence. I see the Catalans aren't very fond of the rest of Spain.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
both teams asked UEFA for a postponement of the game due to the bombings in Madrid but were told the game must go on. The Barca supporters made a mockery of the minutes silence. I see the Catalans aren't very fond of the rest of Spain.

Looks like I may have to re-think my upcoming trip to the Bernabeu at the end of March... :(

Jinky, where do you get these avatars from ?

Is that Leonard Rossiter ?

Cheers

UP THE HAMMERS!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes CC that is the great Rigsby himself.

You can find (and steal) lots of great avatars on various message boards and forums of all kinds. I've taken some great ones from the E-Tims message board.

Simply right click on the image, copy, save.

Then upload the image (if it the right size) as your avatar.

And before I forget, you need to be a premium member to utilize an avatar.

It's cheap and information is availiable here.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you had told me going in that without Sutton we would win 1-0. I would have taken it in a second. Yes the second goal would have been nice under the circumstances but nevertheless great result. Balde was clearly the man of the match for Celtic. I thought Lennon was great again in the midfield. Jinky you are right the Dutchmen should also have been sent off. How about Marshall's first touch of the ball not just in the game but for Celtic period. A little cheeky chip over the forward. Hopefully now we will see him get a start this weekend with Douglas obviously out for the return leg.

I have to admit though it was fun to watch Ronaldhino play. Although before today didn't really rate him as a great player. He pulled off some moves today that were unreal. Two or three times at the club today everyone is yelling at the screen when he made one of his moves and everyone just stops until someone would say WTF was that.

The second leg will be interesting to say the least. Celtic will be without Hartson(inj) Balde(susp) Douglas(susp) for sure and maybe Sutton still with his injuries and I am not sure about Thompson. He could be suspended as well with his card today.

BTW how good was the crowd's rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone today which they dedicated to people in Madrid. Fcuking Magic!

Parkhead

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Yes CC that is the great Rigsby himself.

I had the pleasure many years ago to meet Leonard Rossiter at some charity gala event at the Grovesnor Park Hotel in London. He seemed really genuine. We didn't speak for long as he the famous TV actor and me the nobody footballer had very little in common. However, my mum had asked me to get autographs at the bash and he obliged, no problem. :)

UP THE HAMMERS!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking genius.

CC,

Was 'Regi Perrin' on time for the gala?

Or was he eleven minutes late because somebody had stolen the lines at Surbiton?

Or was he seventeen minutes late due to an escaped Puma, Chessington North?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is brilliant

This might be one to send to your Celtic friends

Subject: Click on the link and turn your computer up!

click here

This comes from today's issue of Barcelona-based sports daily El Mundo
Deportivo:

"The emotion in the build up to the game was raw. Moved by the massacre
in Madrid, the Scottish club showed a model attitude towards Barcelona,
its fans and the victims.

The announcer only came into action five minutes before the start of the
game when he asked the Celtic support to give an ovation to the
Barcelona fans who were there. The response was spectacular.

After this, the announcer said that Celtic's legendary anthem, 'You'll
never walk alone' would be dedicated to the victims' families. This was
a very clear gesture of solidarity. If it gives you goose pimples to
hear that song in any football ground, the feeling yesterday was ten
times greater. Sixty thousands Celtic fans belted it out, scarves in the
air, turning it into an extremely beautiful song of hope.

Sadly, the impressive quiet that engulfed Celtic Park during the
minute's silence was only broken by about ten people you couldn't take
anywhere who were sitting in the section occupied by Barcelona fans.
What they shouted does not bear repeating."

Elsewhere, the same paper summed the game up by saying the following:

"The Celtic team showed why it's gone 74 games without losing at home.
It showed great strength and character and, thanks to the unconditional
support of the best fans on the continent, it secured a 1-0 win."

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still no news on Douglas's appeal. But some good news as Saviola got a 2 game ban for his butcher job on Thompson. I really can't decide if I want Douglas to cleared or not. I realize normally it is not a good idea to put a young keeper like Marshall in net for a huge game at the Nou Camp. But I have to say I like what I have seen so far but the atmosphere at the Nou camp might be a bit much for the young lad?

Parkhead

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0