Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA CUP 2003/2004 - Where are the Huns?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given Douglas' track record in the 'big' European games, I hope he doesn't get to play. I would seriously like to see the young kid in net. It could be start of something really good if he comes through. On the other hand, the kid could be traumatized for life if he gets lit up like HOS normally does on a Friday night at Queens Park.

1 week to go........

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic Fans have begun to arrive in Barcelona in large numbers with upwards of 20,000 expected to be in the city for the game tomorrow.

Nothing like traveling with 20,000 of your best friends. That is more than I thought would go. The parties would be unreal.

Celtic have flown to Barcelona today with reports suggesting that several big players are fit to face the Catalans in the sell out UEFA Cup tie of the round in Spain. Sutton, Thompson, Agathe and Lambert are all reportedly fit although Varga it appears has not made a full recovery. the inclusion of Liam Miller in the squad has surprised many, with the chip wrappers doing their best to concoct a story out of nothing. Regardless of whether you like or loath Miller for his behaviour, fact is he's a Celtic player at the minute, Celtic are paying his wages and if he comes off the bench and bags the goal that puts Celtic through to the Quarter Finals of the UEFA Cup then he's still a wee Judas shitebag but cheers all the same. :)

Still not sure if I would play him or not? But if injuries force the issue than there is really no choice. Marshall will be in the pipes and hopefully he takes charge because really if he plays well the job is his to keep.

Parkheadlookingforwardtoanotherbiggame

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Did they bring 20,000 of those lucky sombreros again?;)
Apparently they did, Celtic have just drawn at the Nou Camp 0-0 with Barcelona. Unbelievable ........ Well done to the Bhoys :wa:

I have visions of Jinky and Parkhead obliterated singing Hail Hail and all that ........

Unfortunately, Captain is stuck at school, meeting with parents of the prized students that he has :rolleyes: . I'm sure the celebrations will start a bit later though :D

And on another note, the scum of Liverpool are back to their Liverpudian slums after crashing out to Marseille. Barthez must be in his glory ....... once a Red, always a Red :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic Stun Barcelona

UEFA CUP FOURTH ROUND SECOND-LEG

Barcelona 0-0 Celtic
Aggregate: (0-1)

Rookie goalkeeper David Marshall was the hero as Celtic progressed to the Uefa Cup quarter finals at the expense of mighty Barcelona.
The 19-year-old made a string of fabulous saves as the Catalan giants pressed to claw back the 1-0 deficit from the first leg at Celtic Park.

Barcelona enjoyed the bulk of possession but could not break down the hard-working Scottish side.

John Kennedy was another Celtic star, making a number of great tackles.

The home side started at a whirlwind pace and Celtic had to withstand a constant barrage of attacks right from the off.

An incisive move involving Carles Puyol and Ronaldinho found Gerard Lopez bursting into the penalty area inside the first minute and Marshall needed to make a great save at the midfielder's feet.

With six minutes gone Henrik Larsson found himself in behind the Barcelona defence but the striker lacked the pace to get away from Puyol.

Marshall then had to smother a header from Gerard, tip over a dangerous cross from Luis Garcia and make a wonderful reflex stop to keep out an awkward close range attempt from Luis Enrique.

Celtic were finding it hard to hold on to the ball but Neil Lennon, Stilian Petrov and Alan Thompson were beginning to win more tackles in front of their under-pressure defence and disrupt the flow of the home side.

Brazilian ace Ronaldinho was showing lots of neat touches but twice his jinking runs were brought to a shuddering halt by perfectly-timed tackles from Kennedy.

Celtic worked hard to deny Barcelona
As half time approached Marshall was able to gather a long range effort from Xavi and Michael Reiziger's blistering shot was deflected wide.

Didier Agathe made a foray deep into Barcelona territory but delayed his pass, with Larsson and Chris Sutton available, and the chance was gone.

Barcelona could not find the easy rhythm they displayed in the early stages but Celtic were again guilty of giving possession away cheaply.

The home side were laying seige to the Celtic penalty area and Luis Garcia's curling shot drifted narrowly wide of the post.

Larsson was given a glimpse of goal but Victor Valdes held the shot comfortably, while Petrov headed high and wide as Celtic hit on the break.

Ronaldinho had the crowd on their feet with a driving run into the box but Marshall was out quickly to block. The youngster then had to keep out a stinging drive from Gabri.

Marshall then made a breath-taking save to tip over a ten-yard volley from Luis Garcia that looked bound for the top corner of the net.

Barcelona substitute Sergio Garcia headed wide at the back post and saw his 75th minute shot pushed wide by the flying Marshall.

In the final ten minutes Stanislav Varga and Kennedy made vital interceptions to thwart frantic Barcelona attacks.

Having completed a brilliant result over one of Europe's elite club's, Celtic now face Spanish side Villareal in the last eight of the competition.

I can finally relax my rusty sheriff's badge now. I cannot believe that Celtic just defended a one nil lead for 90 minutes versus Barca. Sensational. More importantly, with the performance of 19 year old keeper Marshall, a star is born. John Kennedy also made two game saving tackles on Ronaldhino in the box.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right on - Well done Celtic.

Another Spanish side next though eh?

I suppose at this stage nothing comes easy.

Excellent - Tired legs for Sunday. :D

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Right on - Well done Celtic.

Another Spanish side next though eh?

I suppose at this stage nothing comes easy.

Excellent - Tired legs for Sunday. :D

Go on ya bhoys!

I almost had 5 fcukin heart attacks watching it!

huns might actually actually have a chance on Sunday, MON may play a young team! Can't decide whether to get up for a 3:30am Ko, for a mean nothing game. Could stay up, but NSCL has our year end tourneythis weekend. Assuming NV parks, leaves the grass open, not much chance of that..hmmm!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a fcuking day?

I don't know what is better - becoming a Premium Member or Celtic holding on for a historical 1 - 0 aggregate win ! :) I managed to see the first half and I must have shite my drawers several times. That fcuking field has to be the biggest in the world. Unfortunately, I had to miss the second half thanks to cnuting parent-teacher interviews but I went for a check once I knew the game was over. A resounding YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS followed. I just might be going to the Rose and Crown tonight to celebrate the win. Fcuking brilliant. What a performance by Marshall(I can only speak on the first half) as I read he made some fantastic stops. I will be getting up at 3:30 or staying up for the game on Sunday. YEs, we will field a depleted team but who the fcuk cares? We will still stuff the Huns. Okay, maybe not, but I'd like to think so. :D

Regs, how do I get an avatar? :)

Captain

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have been on a plane for the last 4 1/2 hrs. Checked the result first thing when getting in. A resounding FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK followed.

Fair dues to Sellick. After the draw, they have to be favorites to reach the Final again. FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKK.

This result must certainly have every top club looking to have MON for next year. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Don't choke on your celebratory pints.

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Villareal 1

Another game at home without a loss. However, it certainly appeared to be a game of two halves, with Villareal dominating most of the first half. I caught extended highlights on Fox Sports and there certainly were not a shortage of chances for both teams. Larsson had a goal called back by the fcuking linesman, who had a brutal view of the alleged hand ball. I watched several times in slow motion and the goal should have stood. The ref even called it goal but the plunker of a linesman thought he would call it. It was certainly controversial. However Larsson nicked a goal a little later off of an Agathe cross. He missed a sitter a few minutes later and Varga had one cleared off the line. Petrov had a volley tipped off the post and Marshall did well to make a couple of decent saves too. It should be an excellent return leg and it is shown on Fox Sports. Fcuking magic. Sub time for the Captain on Wednesday. I feel this awful headache coming on as I type and it has nothing to do with last night as I was very well behaved, having to look after the weeins, for a portion of the night.

Hail! Hail!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Venue

steve1234 said:
Lets find a central location with pints and fox on the big screen for next wed.

Yes, Steve, definitely. How does the Rose and Crown in Tsawwassen sound? :) Or the Landing in Ladner IF they have Fox Sports? I know the R and Crown does. Unfortunately, I won't be able to have any pints as my high school team has a game after school in Tsawwassen. What do you think? Or I can drive somewhere else, as long as I'm back in Tsawwassen by 2:45......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good, Steve. How about Legends? I can be there by about 11:30, unless I can get someone to cover my class. So we'll meet at Legends? I assume they have Fox Sports. Perhaps one of the 'idiots' could confirm this. :) Cheers.

RF,

WTF are you doing on this thread? You know you're not allowed here past Christmas, per tradition. :D ;)

God bless ya' though....

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simply put a horrible display by the bhoys today. Really missed Sutton and Thompson on the pitch but you can not use injuries and suspensions as excuses. I am still wondering if Agathe has actually stepped onto the field yet. I don't believe his boots actually left the white chalk. Sorry Jinky he is utterly useless.

After watching this performance I hope, Pray the board sees what we the supporters all see and spend some money.

Parkheadgutted

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0