Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uefa Cup 2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done my Gers.

Rf, Guinness, and myself had a good time at RSC #2 today, and you know what, as much as it sucks to lose that match...It was great to have got to the dance.

"Watenaccio" didn't work today Zenit got back too well.....those Ruski sides are plucky...anyone remember CSKA Moscow a year or two ago...

I am okay with it (1 down, 1 away, 2 to go)

We are STILL the People!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Bear,

I never want Rangers to win anything. I've always made that clear. I'm sure you were devastated when Celtic lost. Right? Seriously, DB, I'm thrilled that the Russian team won. My wife's family is from Belarus.........so I'm allowed to enjoy the win, right? :confused: I've always had a soft spot for the Russians. God bless Communism........

I believe Belarus has its own wee country now CS and has zero to do with Russia. Maybe that's why the confused face? We both know that its just that you hate the Rangers. Not much to do with me, but if its not affecting your team any, why bother even saying that it made your decade, um, I mean weekend.
You're right, I was not devastated that Celtic lost to Porto but believe it or not, was hoping they would pull out a result.

The difference between you and I is that it would not have ruined my weekend, had they won.

See you at the end.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe Belarus has its own wee country now CS and has zero to do with Russia. Maybe that's why the confused face? We both know that its just that you hate the Rangers. Not much to do with me, but if its not affecting your team any, why bother even saying that it made your decade, um, I mean weekend.
You're right, I was not devastated that Celtic lost to Porto but believe it or not, was hoping they would pull out a result.

The difference between you and I is that it would not have ruined my weekend, had they won.

See you at the end.

You're right, Dancing Bear, but my wife is the Principal of the RUSSIAN school in Vancouver and speaks fluent Russian. :) I'm fully aware of the new 'countries' within Russia. I heard that Ukraine is even a country now. Wow.

I must admit I don't like Rangers, never have, and never will. I also admit that hate ****s like Buckfast. People like RF, yourself, Lean, to name a few.....are good Rangers supporters. That I am sure of. It doesn't mean I have to like the team and club. As for making my decade? Now that would be a strong statement. I'm off to pick up my new Zenit top that I just ordered.

God bless the Russians. I still think getting rid of Communism was the worst thing they did........my wife doesn't agree with this but that's one of the few things we argue over. That and the fact that she supports CSKA Moscow and I support Zenit St. Petersburg.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame a few.......idiots spoil it for everyone........that's too bad for the supporters....they had to wait all that time, lose the picture, then lose the game.

Uefa Cup fans clash with police

Fans said the event organisation had been an "absolute shambles"
A number of Rangers supporters in Manchester for the Uefa Cup final have clashed with riot police after a big screen in the city centre broke down.

Officers came under attack after the screen in Piccadilly Gardens failed.

Around 30 people were arrested in the city, including six held after a Russian fan was stabbed inside the City of Manchester stadium.

An estimated 100,000 fans descended on the city to see the match, which Zenit St Petersburg won 2-0.

The injured Russian fan was taken to hospital after being attacked in a seated area of the stadium before the game.

He was stabbed in the back but his injuries were reported as non-life threatening.

Six men, all believed to be Rangers fans, had been arrested in connection with the incident, said Greater Manchester Police.

Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran speaks at a news conference
There were further reports after the game of a group of supporters clashing with police in Manchester city centre, where damage was caused to a bank, bus stops and a sports car which was bounced across a road.

Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran said: "Today has been a largely peaceful day in Manchester, full of carnival and celebration, and well over 100,000 people have been in the city and behaved themselves.

"But I'm really disappointed that has been spoiled by pockets of disorder that have broken out in the city centre.

"A minority of thugs have overshadowed what should have been a great occasion.

"I've watched them commit damage, assault my officers and I'm really sickened and disappointed."

Manchester City Council had set up three special fan zones with big screens for ticketless fans to watch the match.

An extra 300 police were drafted in to quell disorder

While screens in Albert Square and Cathedral Gardens did show the game, the one in Piccadilly Gardens failed about 15 minutes before kick-off.

With the other two fan zones full, supporters were offered buses to take them to a hastily-arranged screen outside the velodrome at Sports City, near to the City of Manchester Stadium.

A police spokesperson said a group of fans in Piccadilly Gardens threw bottles at the screen and then at officers in riot gear, some of whom were injured.

Questioned on the scale of the police response, ACC Curran said: "At this stage, I do not think there was any heavy-handed policing."

She confirmed there were 1,500 officers involved in the security operation, and 300 extra police were drafted in to tackle incidents of violence.

'Total disgrace'

Manchester City Council said it would be "holding a full inquiry" into the screen problems.

But fans who had been waiting in Piccadilly Gardens all day were unimpressed.

One said: "This is absolutely ridiculous - there's Rangers fans throwing balls and cans at each other because the game's not on.

"We've been sat here since 12 o'clock waiting on the game coming on. The coverage started at seven o'clock and then five minutes later the game's off.

"It's an absolute shambles, shame on Manchester, shame on Manchester - it's let the country down."

Another supporter added: "The people of Manchester have been fantastic - but the officials behind this are a total disgrace.

"Some people are really angry. They've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this."

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silly question but was that a Rangers fan punching another Rangers fan ?? :confused:

I only thought that City supporters do that to each other ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a shambles...

The Problem with Cup Finals are all the former fans and glory hunters that jump on board too...Now don't get me wrong, I am not defending their actions that tars and feathers the lot of us with their actions...

It is a shambles that the screens did not work, but seriously, that mean they are permitted to riot!?

embarrassed.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more JBN.

Saw some CCTV footage of a squad pulling down and officer and doing the poor lad. An absolute disgrace and if those idiots call themselves Rangers supporters, I'm ashamed to call myself one.

Whether we like it or not, it reflects on all of us. Gutted.:mad:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw it coming a mile away. Guys were legless in the Square at 10am. That's along way from kick-off. It was pretty spectacular until this mayhem. Sadly, it tarnished a wonderful afternoon.

There was no trouble in or around the ground. Disappointing performance as you all saw. Fergie should have had a penno. However, the better side won. The Zenit support was amazing. In particular, their birds. Russian Mail-order brides all over the shop.

Regardless, I had the time of my life. The convoy down to Manchester was amazing.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE, Stephen.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure I seen Buckfast getting Leathered and then they took his man purse..

I"m sure the wee walloper deserved it.......thank fcuk I can't see the wanker's posts............nice option to have the ignore list. I'm sure the stuff that's coming out of his bitter wee heed is just great......Buckfast, GIRUY again because YOU truly deserve it.

It is a shame that things finished the way they did in terms of the battles in the streets but as a few of you have mentioned, there are people who go there just to ruin it for others........There are Celtic supporters who do the same thing sadly. :(

RIP Tommy Burns

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I"m sure the wee walloper deserved it.......thank fcuk I can't see the wanker's posts............nice option to have the ignore list. I'm sure the stuff that's coming out of his bitter wee heed is just great......Buckfast, GIRUY again because YOU truly deserve it.

RIP Tommy Burns

After the sad passing of a Scottish great and Celtic legend, shouldn't your first post of the day be a tribute to the man and what he meant to your club? Instead, the majority of your post is about your dislike for me. Pretty much sums you up.

Anywho, just back from Manchester. Bar the riot, it was an unbelievable experience. Pictures to be posted in a wee while.

RIP Tommy Burns. Well respected on both sides of Glasgow. A testament to the man.

OC CSC

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0