Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Finish

Both teams missing some players. A good match, though, in the pissing North Shore rain.But the difference was the finishing.
Peg had 3 chances, finished 2 (25m, 48m), and got a real weak mis-hit goal from a cross with 5 minutes to play. Sap had tonnes of chances; 3 sitters from 6 yards out and no goalie, hit the post on an empty net, London came up with 3 good stops. Sap should have gotten a better result with having 60 - 70% possession, but really shite the bed in the 18. Peg showed grit....winning the majority of the 50/50 balls.
We obviously need more finish up front....the return of Trevor Todd will help next week.
Shitty way to start the new season.:(

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Peg 3
Sapp 0

Good start for the flying fcukin horses. I heard Jimmy E got one, Robbie O, and some young guy.

Regs,

Some young guy = Adam Costley.

AKA the future 2002/2003 VMSL Premier rookie of the year. :D :D :D

Bollocks

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap v Peg

The Sap v. Peg match might have been different but for the totally inept finishing by Sap guys. What WAB also didn't mention is that Paul Favaro was taken down in the box at the 6 minute mark in what should have been a pretty routine, uncontested PK. But surprisingly, no call from a pretty decent ref who I guess didn't want to start the season on a PK. To most observers, it was a pretty clear cut two footed take down with no diving enhancement added. In the second half Ted Ullrich went down in the box, but I didn't think it was other than a good tackle and wet grounds that resulted in the striker hitting the ground.

For the first 30 minutes it looked all Sapperton as they looked composed and committed to moving the ball with some decent short passing. However, Pegasus came on a lot stronger after that and two Sap giveaways for goals along with the long easy goal and terrible shooting was the difference on the day. Peg guys had no trouble finishing their opportunities!

I thought Peg looked best all day when they got the ball to the final third of the field. Their passing and ball control in the attacking third was composed and patient even when it didn't lead to results.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sap v Peg, Welcome to Premier Reccos

Originally posted by Reccos
Paul Favaro was taken down in the box at the 6 minute mark in what should have been a pretty routine, uncontested PK. But surprisingly, no call from a pretty decent ref who I guess didn't want to start the season on a PK.
In the second half Ted Ullrich went down in the box, but I didn't think it was other than a good tackle and wet grounds that resulted in the striker hitting the ground.

Two PK calls not made in one game, is as common as Burnsie and Jinky sucking back a Molson Mini Keg on a Monday Night football/TTP night.

I want to know why this game was soooooo uneven, with all the hype surronding The Big Sap Machine after lasts years big CUP Run?

WAB, may also have some info for us.

My thoughts are that, the team is still evaluating the 50 players that showed up to training camp on July 1.

HOSohCanada

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB evaluating the final 50

HOS: Just think. You could have been one of WAB's 50!

Or, then again, over with me on the CAT side. ;) :p
:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:
HOS, you could have phoned but ...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WAB evaluating the final 50

Originally posted by Reccos
You could have been one of WAB's 50!

HOS, you could have phoned but ...

...I don't know the Area Code for Sapperton.;)

That would have been a sight, HOS, Kent, and Snapper all battling for top spot.
Can we play without a keeper?

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With you in net it's like your team is playing with-out one anyway. :rolleyes:

Back to Results please.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SomeOne get Besty away from the Capitals Cooler

When do you come back to play anyway?

Burnaby is going to be a lot LOUDER this year, there is a noise by-law in The City of Burnaby, it may have to be enforced when you and BK start playing together.
No Ref is going to want these games.

HOS 1 - Besty 0

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snapper-tons 1 Surrey United 4

It is all in the name!!!;) Surrey pissed all over Sap for the first 30 minutes... Gibby with a cracker of a free kick and then Sap started to play... 3-1 at the half...
The second half Surrey started to get better when WAB snapped (in WAB fashion) and took his second yellow... GAME OVER after that... Blakes finished off his hatty and made it 4-1...

Piss taking aside, today Surrey took the play to Sapperton and never looked back... Good Luck this season WAB and troops...

Reccos, shut it ya tit, I played 90 today and don't want to hear your shite anymore!!!:p

LeagueChampsare2-0!!!:wa: :wa: :wa: (noKNVB!!!);)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

When have I EVER made a comment about your playing time? Never. You are confusing me with a lot of other guys who bother to keep track of your playing time. All I have ever commented on was your posting ability.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitals 3 vs AC Milan 1

Not a lot of possession by either team. Strictly a hard fought battle by both squads with the Burnaby boys having more legs by the end.
3 pretty good goals by us. Good work by the AC lad to get in and get away his shot, but I am sure Cory would like to have that one back!
Squeezed it through the pads!:eek:

6 pts with still guys missing!!!
On to Peg next week!
:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP

Sporting 5 Merto ford Focus 0

A game of hack and wack courtesy of The Focus they had 3 red cards and after the first of two goals from Steve Dormer they were done like dinner.

Cheers
JB

any other results???

:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wops 2 - Trolls 1

Inter was 2 men down for the entire second half...and still dominated. West Van was lacking in many aspects of the game...mostly defense, midfield and the forward line!
:rolleyes:

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 vs Argies 2

I watched from a distance and I think that was the final.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Looked like a totally different Peg team.
Only saw the tying goal for PEG.
They did have most of the play and bulk of the chances.

OUT!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty

Very solid report....

Trollers should enjoy Div 1 next year.....

Over 45 minutes with a two man advantage, and no result....
hardly a sniff.
In fact we had more scoring chances in the second half than we did in the first!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched most of the MF - Sporting game and have to say I wasn't impressed by either side. MF more so. They have nothing going forward and when the do get there nobody to really finish. Fletcher is alright, but he didn't have much help today. Some of MF tackels were absolutely diabolical. Gomsey JR almost got his leg snapped in two for the first red, good thing he jumped. If this is the norm for MF this year the once mighty are going to be in heaps of trouble.

Way wasn't Jonesy playing? I was also curious if MF merged with the toons? An awful lot of white and gold boots out there today. Perhaps that's part of the problem. Your polish budget must be way down though..... :D

I've seen sporting twice already (Just because I love to bug the Dormers) and they are fairly good side, but small. Balls whipped into the box could be a key against them especially with a 5' 4" Ref Beater in the pipes. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the Results

Sapperton Rovers “A”
PREM
Surrey Utd. “A”
Adanac West 1-4

Bby. Canadians “A”
PREM
AC Milan
Riverway # 4
3-1

Croatia SC “A”
PREM
Westside Rino’s “A”
Sidaway
0-5

West Van Legion
PREM
ICSF Inter “A”
Ambleside “A”
1-2

Sports Town FC “A”
PREM
Khalsa 96ers. “A”
King George # 3
0-0

Sporting Club “A”
PREM
Metro-Ford Wolves “A”
Adanac East
5-0

Argentina Athls.
PREM
Pegasus FC
Hillcrest East
2-3

What happened at the Westside - Croatia game?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0