Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tps

On sunday's game between ACM vs BBY, I never once saw a BBY forward show in the channell, get the ball to feet and play back into midfield, and then turn and get again in the space, not once. Everything was in the air and flicked on or pumped in from center into ACM mixer. What happened to switching the ball, knocking it wide and playing forwards into space for a cross.

The two times that i have played burnaby I would have to say that their forwards did come back, to the ball and play with the ball hence why we lost the second time. Maybe you were to busy picking the ball out of your net.

Cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can even remeber teams like the old 86ers and some of the strong old UBC teams and how they played.

Kick it up the park, put pressure on the other teams back-line, and take advantage of the other teams defensive mistakes

HOS,

I played on some of the strong UBC teams and we did NOT play that style AFTER my first year. We were instructed to do so but it rarely happened. We did have the best back line in Canada and probably the best goalie but that just gave us that much more confidence to play through the midfield. Believe me, I saw a lot of the ball in the center circle. It didn't hurt when you had defenders like Gregor Young, Alex Percy, Mark Watson, Kevin Colbow, Tom Kim, and Ric Celebrini when he was healthy. To top things off, Pat Onstad was in net. Anyway, you're wrong with your comment. :)

I played left back with the 86ers and I was not told to launch balls up front. We had a some useful players in 90 and 91. However, I would put my UBC team of 1989 ahead of both 86ers teams in terms of skill AND team defense.........Ironically, we didn't win that year because of a few internal problems. Of course, I had nothing to do with it. I was just enjoying the social aspect of university life.

I have to agree with tps. I don't know tps, but he obviously knows the game very well. Any good team, has to have a balance in order to counter what the opponent is doing sometimes. Notty, don't take it personally, but why don't you come over to a team that tries to play decent football? Your leg must be fcuked at the end of the day, after launching that many missiles. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach of the Year

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

HOS,

We were instructed to do so but it rarely happened.

Is that why Dick Mosher started coaching the women out there, non of you would listen to him?

HOS

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

However, I would put my UBC team of 1989 ahead of both 86ers teams in terms of skill AND team defense.........Ironically, we didn't win that year because of a few internal problems.

Did u guys lose to a team that hoofed the ball up the park and bypassed their midfielders:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

Kind of, I guess. We lost to U-Vic in the Canada West finals but they were actually a good team too. They didn't have as much talent as us but wanted it more.

HOS,

I believe Dick left because he had already won 4 championships. He also wanted to try something different. Besides, he had to leave an opening for Mike to get a job when he finished.......:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets roll this thread back to VMSL Results instead of 'What HOS thinks he knows and Captain setting him straight'.

Thank you.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I blame HOS's parents for all this...

It's all in the upbringing, It's all in the upbringing.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just browsing!

If you VMSLer's like the long ball so much you should come out to the FVSL were we play a 7-0-3. It is really quite a fascinating style of soccer revered by many pundits in the footballing world.;)

P.S. Long balls fall out of your shorts!

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A former FVSL team now in premier (Surrey United) used to play looong ball when they first came into VMSL premier, but quickly learned how to play the right way when they came into the VMSl as they have been one of the best 3 teams for the past 3 years every year and play good soccer. Although they are struggling a tad this year.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 Sportstoon 0

Quick report: Surrey up 3 buzz in the first 25 min, Ballbaby teaching the facts of life on the sidelines, Spencer Coppen is a fcuking AWFUL player.

More later...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 out of 3 Not Bad

A third tie would have been perfect, but still a good Saturday for teams waiting to play tommorrow.

knvb, did you score, if so, did you do the Romario "hold the baby" celebration from WC 94.

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

No KNVB didn't score, he pulled up lame in training with (by all accounts) appears to be a bouncing baby boy... Weird thing is he didn't bring the little fella out... Must have something to do with the Captain's "ode de truth" remarks about ugly we beebee's??? :rolleyes:

Stayin' off topic, Guinness;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it was my pulled groin that kept me out, obviously I wasn't missed. Blakeway with his 11th, Craig Dalyremple with a goal and Darren Villers with I think his 6th.

No word from Ballbaby yet eh.. last we saw of him, he was telling his son about circumcision and then it was off for a Birds and the Bee's chat. :D

Spencer Coppen had an awful game and his silver fcuking boots didn't quiet the peanut gallery much either. How does this plonker play for the WhiteCaps? Shoc-king.

Since we won I think it's about time Surrey United had a thread of it's own to announce our moving up in the standings. I'll get right on it. :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
in from Hillcrest...

AC Milan 4
Argies 2

Got to hear the Apprentice moan about his ACL, and got to see Scilaci prance around with a pair of black mittens on. That's about it for highlights.

West Van 1
Westside 1

Westside go up one in the first half. Cerebral Smallsy salvaged a point for West Van with an OG late in the contest. Which was probably the prettiest goal of the day.

It's fcuking cold out there.
-Sensei.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did it feel like a meg Smallsy? :D

With these results I think it's time for a Moving on up Surrey United thread. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll wait for the Khalsa Inter result...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0