Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first week of the season is almost here, so what are your predictions?

NK hrvat Vs. Desmesh 1-1
Binger's Vs. Chile 2-2
CAFA Vs Richmond 1-1
Rinos' Vs. Olympics 0-1
Lobbans VS. Norvan 2-1

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Weekend Predictions???

NK Hrvat Vs. Desmesh 4-0
Binger's Vs. Chile 1-3
CAFA Vs Richmond 2-2
Rinos' Vs. Olympics 2-1
Lobbans VS. Norvan 1-1

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

My picks week one,

Olympics 3 vs Rino 0, Olympics should score more but they will lack in the finishing department.
Chile bangs the shite out of Bingers and takes this one!!
Richmond over CAFA
Norvan over Lobbans
The train gets derailed by the new up and comers, Demesh over NK!!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

NK 1-0 Desmesh
It wan't 4-0 but NK should have had more as Reuben was in near top form and could have had three himself but only Nico found goal on a rebound just beond the sprawling goalies reach. Desmesh could have stolen a point as they hung around all night and were unlucky not to score when they recovered a loose goalies ball and made three cool passes before shooting into a keeperless net only to have the tall and steady backliner Malenica make an important goaline header save. Game ball went to Nelson for a suprising career resurrecting effort as we expect Rueben to be brilliant.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid match report, Big GK. :D

The game was a fast paced game in which Binger's did a great job of closing down space in the midfield particularly in the first half and punished Chile with a quick free-kick while Chile was flat-footed. There were a couple of crossbars in the game and when Chile resorted to route one football, it actually started to be more effective and they were able to pin Binger's back. Chile tied the game with about 8 minutes to go in the game on a back post cross which was headed back in the middle and finished. Overall, it was a lot of fun to ref and was a relatively clean game. Hillcrest needs cut though. I'm knackered.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid match report, Big GK. :D

The game was a fast paced game in which Binger's did a great job of closing down space in the midfield particularly in the first half and punished Chile with a quick free-kick while Chile was flat-footed. There were a couple of crossbars in the game and when Chile resorted to route one football, it actually started to be more effective and they were able to pin Binger's back. Chile tied the game with about 8 minutes to go in the game on a back post cross which was headed back in the middle and finished. Overall, it was a lot of fun to ref and was a relatively clean game. Hillcrest needs cut though. I'm knackered.

What grass ? I walked hillcrest last week more weeds than grass. It has gone from the best fields in Vancouver to crappy.
I hope your were not on the narrow field north /south not the right width for mens game.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 5(not 4) CAFA 1

First off Captain we scrimmaged Van Oly's on thursday thanks again Cpt Shamrock solid as always , on to the game. First half we get a pk they get a pk we score our goalie makes a clutch save 1-0 at half with some various attacks going both ways but I would give the edge to us since there was a couple of quality opportunities missed or saved. Second half fitness became a factor and we put 4 past a very good keeper (well in Kam) and were unlucky not to have a few more. All in all good game to watch great win for the lads a shame to lose the shutout but we will move onto next week and the team formerly known as westside. Well in CAFA good luck the rest of the way back to enjoying some sunday football.

cheers , the Rattler

vanball

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What grass ? I walked hillcrest last week more weeds than grass. It has gone from the best fields in Vancouver to crappy.
I hope your were not on the narrow field north /south not the right width for mens game.

Glad you brought that up SmartCoach - for quite a while now I have noticed turf fields having worn out (crap to start with) nets, grass pitches not looked after, etc.
Big question - what the hell are we paying for?? Is there any way that the VMSL brass can organize to put some pressure on the various parks boards to carry out maintenance - I realize there is no where else to go, but if we accept this, we just get more - Hillcrest used to be special.

DaftHunka

Sep 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
we should have a TTP iphone app???? field directions, standings, schedules, etc.

this may look like the tightest 1st division in years every team will be chiping for points. the first 5 or 6 games will be a good indicator

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DaftHunka it will be more clear very soon. Cliff will be in top three. First three games realy do nothing to indicate where and what. Some clubs lack in shape. Nk is better off to say in div one. Premier is way tomatch for most working guys, Guys have no time to practice three times a week.
Club would be better off playing in top Burnaby league. You get turf field for every game. Our community is not behind NK. We could not care where the club stands. Croatia SC A will always be the main club. How can you beat Red White and Blue. EVEN IF THEY PLAY IN DIV THREE. wE ALL WISH YOU GUYS LUCK.

DaftHunka

Sep 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia SC A will always be the main club. How can you beat Red White and Blue

ahah so far ive read that 3 teams have beat the red white and blue in 3 games, i dont know much on NK Hrvat but they seem to be a scrappy bunch

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

completely agree, as far as size, this pitch was right on par with good'ol beaconsfield, except that beaconsfield has actual grass! this thing was a weedfest, horrible pitch to hold a men's div 1 game, hopefully it rains often and plenty so they rip it to shreds and not many games get played on it. Glad we got the Binger's home game out of the way, love Binger's hate the pitch!

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
btw, for many who don't know, CAFA united is no longer the cliff ave of the last 4 yrs. I believe it is now an Akal u-21 team. dont quote me on it tho.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
btw, for many who don't know, CAFA united is no longer the cliff ave of the last 4 yrs. I believe it is now an Akal u-21 team. dont quote me on it tho.
I believe you're right, since the names in the VMSL Directory suggest it is an East Indian team. So whatever happened to all the players from Cliff???

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe you're right, since the names in the VMSL Directory suggest it is an East Indian team. So whatever happened to all the players from Cliff???

Most have moved on to Premier soccer now that there are more teams in Premier than Div. 1 (WTF!???). Several were absorbed into Columbus (Mr. McPhail, Mr. DiPalma, Mr. Olson, Mr. Pannu etc), Mr. Miles I believe has moved to the FVSL, Mr.Proctor plies his trade with Surrey United-FF, Mr. Forgarty is currently not playing anywhere and the rest have dispersed to various other teams. So it goes when you have a group of Premier calibre players who miss out on promotion...they follow the opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0