Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] 2008-09 Divisional Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know about that!

Hajduk, there is a DIV 1 CAT team which can move players with the Premier team. The division one team is not allowed to. The Masters team can move players to the division one team as they are affiliated. Look at the names of the teams and that explains it for you. Cheers.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
: They obviously won't be able to play games out there, but perhaps they'll be training out that way? Can't see too many Vancouver/Burnaby players (if any are involved) making that commute twice a week?!:eek:

Yes they have. Playing at MAP Turf in Langley 7pm on Sundays and training out here as well.

Sure to cause some ripples in the waters out here, since LUFCA men's teams Lost turf time this year in hordes. They have partnered with Langley Youth Soccer to some degree.

I understand the players to be U18 metro Delta lads from last season? or something to that effect.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes they have. Playing at MAP Turf in Langley 7pm on Sundays and training out here as well.

Sure to cause some ripples in the waters out here, since LUFCA men's teams Lost turf time this year in hordes. They have partnered with Langley Youth Soccer to some degree.

I understand the players to be U18 metro Delta lads from last season? or something to that effect.

We all know the difficulties getting turf times as adult teams earlier in the day.........and we can understand why teams have to play on certain days at certain times......it's the only times available. It doesn't make it any easier though when it comes to balancing family life and coaching/playing.

I'm sure Randy is going to do a great job with the Langley based Lobbans because he did a great job with the Delta team. In fact, I'll go on record in saying that they have a legitimate chance at promotion. I'm just surprised that the league okayed that games were allowed to be played in Langley. Having said that, technically Coquitlam is in the Fraser Valley too.....at least in terms of school soccer, so I suppose it's not that much of a stretch to include Langley????????????? Or is it? :D :confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about ACBC on Sunday nights at 8pm on a turf field in Burnaby. They play in the FVSL Premier Division, not the Burnaby Mens League.

I guess it is what mens soccer in the lower mainland is coming too. Who is going to be the first club to open and run their own field/stadium, Burnaby Canadians tried to do it for years, the city of burnaby would not let it happen, but the money was there for their own complex with training field and clubhouse. Any other teams out there.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 5 Ladner 1

Note to self: when scheduling exhibiton games make sure that your team actually has a squad show up. We ended up playing with more CAT guys than club guys. Oh well, it was nice to play at Association again.

fifteen

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 2 - Akal FC 1, in a friendly last night at NAP. Fairly contested game with Akal missing a few starters. But a good warm-up to get the season going this weekend.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday August 31 - Burnaby Lake

AFC (chile by all accounts) -2 vs Burnaby Fury -0 - in a friendly, very fast paced game, AFC's skill comes through in the end, beautiful free kick by their #10 to seal the deal...yurick brought out a couple yellows and a red for the Fury lads

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone want to make any promotion predictions?

I think ICST Pegasus are the clear favourites in 1A.

In 1B I predict a three horse race between Sapperton, Hurricanes, and Lobbans with the more experienced Sapp boys coming out on top.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict Hurricanes in 1B. Watch for them to make a statement against Sapperton this weekend.

Indo-Peg in 1A for sure. With 3 teams consolidated into one, how can they not succeed:confused: Also, 1A is pretty weak so I wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict Hurricanes in 1B. Watch for them to make a statement against Sapperton this weekend.

Sure they'll be good tonight, but what about all those Saturday away games when they will still be recovering from Friday night at Plaza? :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo-Peg in 1A for sure. With 3 teams consolidated into one, how can they not succeed:confused: Also, 1A is pretty weak so I wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated.

3 teams? :confused:

As for predictions........the hardest thing for any team to do is get promoted........it is a LONG difficult road ahead for all the Division 3, 2, and 1 teams who want to get promoted. 18 challenges along the way for every team.......bad fields/weather/work/school/family commitments. There are no guarantees when promotion is involved.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurricanes have pished away promotion 2 years on the trot... can they three-peat? ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0