Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 VMSL Div 1 Alignment 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If players start to make a little dosh, believe me, thi league will fly. having said that, there needs to be accountability.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I think is funny is how people want to hold this league back. There should be a place for up and coming young players to ply their trade. It seems like peoples egos are getting in the way. I hope there is a coaching mandate in place that says only certified and experienced coaches can participate. We have to raise the bar in general if we want to be better period. If that means paid coaches and eventually paid players, so be it.

Is there a team called the Whitecaps around for that? :confused:

So now the new 'super league's' success will depend on how much money teams will be paying players? WTF? That makes no sense when there already is a 'pro' league in place with an improvement coming in 2011.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at all. But that is also my point. I will not support the White Caps. Why go and watch sub par pro athletes. They are at best University soccer players. I have always said that if we could pay some of the top guys around that choose to hang dry wall instead because it pays more, fack me. I will pay to watch MLS. Why?? Hopefully because the standard is there. Right now and always since the NASL, the standard has been University ballers. If we can supplement the income of some soccer studs so they can increase their involvement, the better. We have excellent athletes in this country. Unfortuneately they have to grow up and support families instead of kicking a soccer ball around.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This conversation is over I'm afraid... Unfortunately egos and money are supposedly standing in the way of a very good thing.

Sponsorship, Club Fees, Admission at Gate could all do well to pay for travel costs associated with such an endeavor.

Not one person has yet come with a GOOD reason why this league is a "farce" other than teams that could potentially not be involved. I didn't witness any of the votes, but I haven't seen any WestVan, Clanbus, Croatia, Langley United, PAU, Gorge, Gordon Head guys spouting off, I have seen some average to poor VMSL Prem guys and D1 guys spouting off about it for their own self centered issues.

You cannot honestly tell me a Friday night doubleheader in West Van and Ferry Costs are more important than playing in a purely fantastic league with the best BC has to offer aside from the Professional and Semi-Professional Whitecaps and Highlanders. Why can't the WV Masters move to a Saturday or Sunday night timeslot? Surely that would help with club/team camaraderie? :D

And for those that say (utah) that they won't go and support Whitecaps vs MLS is bullshit. The Whitecaps have played TFC (a fair to middling MLS Side for two years now) 4 times and have won twice, tied once, and lost once (Only once, and at BMO) Like I have said before, the difference between a good MLS Side and a USL side is the USL Side has more depth and no players making $200,000k+ per year (Which most MLS teams have two or three of) But the MLS teams carry 20 guys on a roster and USL Teams (The good ones) Have a club structure in place with a talent pool that can compete (montreal vs TFC aside :rolleyes:) of 25-25 guys (Portland, Montreal, Vancouver, Puerto Rico, etc)

:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not one person has yet come with a GOOD reason why this league is a "farce" other than teams that could potentially not be involved. I didn't witness any of the votes, but I haven't seen any WestVan, Clanbus, Croatia, Langley United, PAU, Gorge, Gordon Head guys spouting off, I have seen some average to poor VMSL Prem guys and D1 guys spouting off about it for their own self centered issues.

You really are a fcukign idiot. You don't know enough about it to be chirping about teams who don't want to do it. Where does 'ego' come into it? Money is a major issue. If you can't see that you must be playing in a league/division which will always be the 'status quo' as you have stated. Why can you not see that money is going to be a major issue here? Don't let facts get in the way, JBN........A PURELY FANTASTIC LEAGUE? :D FFS, man, either you're hammered or as mentioned you're being hammered by the PAU bone.

As I've asked many times, HOW WILL THIS LEAGUE MAKE SOCCER IN B.C. BETTER?

No one has answered that and you've chosen to ignore the money issue.

BTW, JBN, how much do you currently pay to play soccer in the winter? You fail to forget that a lot of good footballers who play for clubs/teams are university students/high school students where money isn't always there......

As you said because you have failed to answer why this is going to be SO much better for soccer in BC......you should probably finish your 'argument' for giving the Fraser Valley a 'better' chance to compete in a 'better league'.......

Oh and get your head out of your ass again........when talking about the Whitecaps and TFC's head to head record........TFC has NOTHING to gain when playing the Whitecaps and they showed that. The Whitecaps aren't in the same league as Toronto for a reason. They're not as good and Utah's point about them being a University caliber type team is very true. The CSL had MANY university players in the league and it hasn't improved that much since 1992.........you'll have to take my word on that one. :rolleyes:

Go sit in your southside seats and make an arse of yourself. The Whitecaps are the best team in North America and this new Super League will be the best thing to ever hit the local soccer community.

Fantasyland Loyal

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly don't know much about the so-called Super League proposal (so take this with a grain of salt) but going by the comments here it seems to me that any VMSL teams would really have little to gain by being involved. Other than a lot more bills they would have to find money to pay for.

I can see why the Valley and Island teams would be interested though. FVSL clubs would be hopeful of attracting more, and better, players from Metro Vancouver (good luck with that, btw) as well as having a much more challenging competition to play in than what they have now.

As for the Island squads, much like the Valley, the chance to be involved in a much more challenging and exciting competition is enticing.

But what, really, is in it for the VMSL teams? I just don't see the benefits for them. Perhaps this is a selfish attitude but, to me anyway, it seems like a losing proposition for VMSL clubs but a winner for the other leagues. Now, a couple of fellows are banging on about the betterment of BC Soccer, but is that really what it's about? Or is about the betterment of individual clubs entrapped in mediocre leagues and looking for a way out and using the old "the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few" chestnut in order to guilt people into compliance?

No offense to the Scottish lads but this smacks of Celtic and Rangers trying to find a way into the English Premiership. Sure it would be great for Celtic and Rangers but what would any English clubs gain by it?

Now, that said, I do think this league would offer up some really interesting match-ups and personally I would get away from the Liverpool websites for a couple of hours and watch a few of them. Much like Reg's previous "Champions League" proposal of a few years ago. I am just trying to be somewhat objective.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope there is a coaching mandate in place that says only certified and experienced coaches can participate. We have to raise the bar in general if we want to be better period. If that means paid coaches and eventually paid players, so be it.

WOW, how is anyone going to pay for that!
Does that mean I won't be able to coach, but the guy coaching my 5-year old is qualified?
Certificates = extenders

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a lot of good players on the island as well as a few in the valley that would improve the "elite" quality of soccer in BC.
The league will take a step back in the 1st year or two because of lack of valley strength and the lack of depth on the island after Gorge & Bay. But once a few more VMSL teams get into the league, the league will progress to the best players from the province playing against each other on a weekly basis. This will make elite soccer better. Most likely, these are the guys that would be competing on the national stage come October.

As for the 2nd tier of players and teams, some will play to get to the elite level, others will just play to compete at their level. Just because there is a new higher league, it does not mean that players will give up because they are another step away from it. All you have to do is look to the Provincial B Cup - that's pretty competitive in it's own right. Likewise, MLS is competitive and still exists even though the UEFA leagues are better. CFL is still competitive even though there is the NFL.
I say give the best in BC a chance to play against all the best players in BC. And since there is always a chance for other teams to get into the BC league because promotion and relegation is still there, players and clubs will strive to get into the league.

Besides, if it does not work and enough members are unhappy about the VMSL being involved then someone can bring forth a resolution to ban VMSL team from competing in the BC league. The leagues can always walk away from it.

Hawkvalley

Mar 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way I see it--Good players will move to top clubs to try to make the team in the top league. You will see few teams falll of to lower levels. It is going to be very hard to get better players.I think coins will be seen. If West side and Westside Rino do not form a Cluc between both,They will never see the top level. Same goes for Serbs Croats and Greeks. Same goes for Surrey and Delta. Same goes for Inter and Columbus. Same goes for West Van and north Van. Fraser Valley has lots of talent, Langley will be fine. Poco City will be Fine,ACDC will get the players,South Surrey will have a tough time to get the players. Island has tuns of good players. It is going to coast money to play in that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0