Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 Cup 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw is up ... looks like Lobbans must have declined entry, so both NK Hrvat and Shaheen are in.

1: Pegasus FC vs Sarajevo FC
2: Royal United vs Burnaby Canadians
3: Serbian White Eagles vs Binger's Army
4: NK Hrvat vs Wickham FC 'A'
5: Punjab Hurricanes 'A' vs Cliff Avenue United
6: Westside Rino 'A' vs Fiji FC
7: Club Ireland 'A' vs Richmond United 'A'
8: Burnaby Fury 'A' vs Shaheen SC

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it seems very quiet on here considering all the banter that went on all year...............

I see the big first round match up being the Richmond Darby! Club "I" vs RUFC after two 2-2 draws this year has all the makings for a great game with a result gauranteed. Should make for a great atmosphereat at the park............not being familiar with the Div 1 Cup, does the league provide linesman for these games?

Oh and if someone on Club "I" could get the game moved to Sunday I would be most appreciated as my flight home doesn't get in till quite early Sunday morning:D

Good luck to all,

~theguystillwithjustoneknee~

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game is 4:00 on Saturday, John.........I'm going to miss though as I will be well into the pub tour......and watching my daughters dance. :)

Club Ireland will win this one. 3 - 1.........;) :D

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck to everyone. Hope to meet Bingers and exact a measure of revenge for their failure to beat Royal as well as our defeats at their hands, while at the same time avoiding an undoubtably focused and fired up White Eagle team. First we have to upset Wickham though. Fortunately for us I hope, it looks like they can be scored on occasionaly.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I see Kippax lurking once more, care to make a prediction mate? :)

As john so kindly pointed out, the biggest match of the first round is the derby match. It will make for a great St. Paddy's Day atmosphere.

As for who will win our derby, only God and Alikira know :D

My predictions go like this;

Peg
BBY Cnds
Bingers
Wickham
Punjab
Westside Rino
Shaheen

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab... if serious about this competition... will win this cup without much trouble from anyone. They are a VERY good side... who gave us nightmares all season long.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
^ so if punjab loses, is it because they didn't take it serious? really now.

I say a semi-final birth for them with a Peg vs Club I final.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not saying that... they were pushing very hard to win 1B and be promoted... not sure if all their players are still hanging around or not. also they have some good young guys that might be "cup tied" to the u21 team.

if they are as fired up about this cup as they were for the second half of the season... they will win without question.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
how come so many div.1 teams in this years div.1 cup?

did most teams forego there option to play in the imperial cup this year?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 team could not enter Imperial Cup.

Peg - Sarajevo = Peg a much better side. Sarajevo playes defensively looking for counter, thus Peg with its strong mid and defence should win easily. 4:0

Roayl - Burnaby Canadians = Overtime win for Royal. However this game can go either way, since I believe they are equal calibre teams. 1:2

Serbian W.E. - Binger Army = Serbs are a very good side, and have an excellent players, espicially in mid and up front. Bingers play hard and tough, however I do not think they will be able to win, even with their grit. 3:1

Hrvat - Wickham = Hrvat are up and down team just like Wickham. You never know what to expect. 0:2

Punjab - Cliff = Punjab are an excellent team. Theay shouldn't have problems against young and determined Cliff boys. 3:1

Westside - Fiji = Two evenly sides will play to a tie, and someone wins in overtime. I am utting y money on Fiji. 1:2

Club Ireland - Richmnond = Club I has determination and excellent scorers. If they get quality goalkeeping they should win. Richmond, a lot of ties this season. Lack of finishing will hurt them. 3:0

Burnaby Fury - Shaheen = An ugly game probably by most people standards. They ties one, while other Fury won by 2:1. This time Fury wins again 3:1

Goodluck!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
What u21 team ??? :confused:
not sure... whatever team hammer is actually signed to... must be a youth team since punjab "loaned" him to fiji for the final game of the season against us.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
*Sigh* :( Club I 5 - 1 RUFC.

Club I with most possession and finished easy chances. RUFC poor showing from the first whistle (literally) and missed 4 veterans with card trouble.

Not what we would want...but good luck to Club I rest of way.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Canadians 3 , Royal Utd. 2 in OT

Royal Scored first , then Bby

Royal missed a penalty in the second half

Two quick goals for Bby in first 15 min of OT , then Royal pulled one back

It was a wet one.
Happy St Patty's Day
:p

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klaus said:
*Sigh* :( Club I 5 - 1 RUFC.

Club I with most possession and finished easy chances. RUFC poor showing from the first whistle (literally) and missed 4 veterans with card trouble.

Not what we would want...but good luck to Club I rest of way.

Sorry John but you didn't miss much. :D

We came out determined to score and early marker and we did, after that, RU was on their heels and didn't create too much going forward. After levelling it up with a nice header five minutes before half, we came right back down and answered with a cracker to the top corner. 3-1 at the interval for the Bhoys.

IMO that goal knocked all life out of RU. Didn't seem like RU had much to offer coming off the bench, and as Klaus mentioned suspensions are a pain, but adapt to overcome right? ;)

Second half started, RU came out pushing for a goal, and created themselves chances, but we managed to soak up the pressure and capitalized on the counter attack with two more goals. One before, and one after a second yellow sending off.

A great result for the Hoops to start off the Cup.

I see BBY Cnds beat Royal, fcuk me Royal are crap how are they still in the division BTW?!

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
I see BBY Cnds beat Royal, fcuk me Royal are crap how are they still in the division BTW? !

After we scored our goal against bby we played with 9 guys ( 2 injured) and had we scored the penalty we would have won.

overall was a fun game to play in.

As for you calling us crap, in 4 games we are 1-1-2 against u , with every game being decided by a goal or less.

I don't mind ur team at all, some pretty nice guys, but i hope Punjab walks all over you and shuts ur cocky a** up

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino 4 - 0 Fiji FC

3rd time lucky for us I guess... hoping for a little more luck to help us keep our winning-streak alive next week against the Hurricanes.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal number one said:
After we scored our goal against bby we played with 9 guys ( 2 injured) and had we scored the penalty we would have won.

overall was a fun game to play in.

As for you calling us crap, in 4 games we are 1-1-2 against u , with every game being decided by a goal or less.

I don't mind ur team at all, some pretty nice guys, but i hope Punjab walks all over you and shuts ur cocky a** up

The Club I guys are decent both on and off the field for the most part. Except for Club I Champ who is a wanker on the field. Off the field not sure of though!! ( Which I am betting he is still a wanker )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0