Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 Cup 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They scored early when we blew coverage on their winger and gifted him a breakaway from half. We evened it up with some hardwork by our forward to strip their d of the ball near their corner. He then cut across the byline and laid it back to the top of the box where our mid slotted home. We kept up some pressure after that, getting a couple half chances before finally finishing on a header. 1st Half ended with us 2-1 up. First 10-15 mins of the 2nd half was back and forth with us hitting the post on a diving header. That seemed to really wake them up though, as after that it was pretty much all one way traffic. They had a lot of chances, and finally converted a 2nd goal with about 10 mins to play. There were a couple chances either way in the extra time, but this one was destined for spot kicks. It was a rough one for the goalies, as they beat us 8-7 with only our last shot being saved.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard lines on losing in that fashion dezza, no one likes losing out in PK's :( No one likes winning 1-0 by forfeit either:mad:

So any predictions for the semi's?

I can't see BBY beating Peg but stranger things have happened. 3-1 for Peg.

As far as our game is concerned, I know NOTHING about Sporting Punjab aside from their strong push for promotion on the 1B side.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated ;) :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
tips eh? here's one ... setup on the opposite sideline from the hurricanes supporters to avoid a headache.

if you were looking for something more tactical, you should have scouted the game .. it's not like you had your own game to play last weekend ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Hard lines on losing in that fashion dezza, no one likes losing out in PK's :( No one likes winning 1-0 by forfeit either:mad:

So any predictions for the semi's?

I can't see BBY beating Peg but stranger things have happened. 3-1 for Peg.

As far as our game is concerned, I know NOTHING about Sporting Punjab aside from their strong push for promotion on the 1B side.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated ;) :D

I will call you CIC........I've reffed them once this year.........:)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i remember... resulted in our only loss of the season... and i blame it on you captain.

;)

CIC, you want a tip? forfeit. the 1-0 scoreline will flatter you.

takethepissforever...

drunkasfcukinnewyorkcity

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
are we only half using the cat system?

Instead of just having a div.1 team and a cat team could we in fact have joined with another club on the other side of div.1 [such as Wickham] and moved players between the 2 clubs?

Just curious.

Sidewinder

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
3:2 Punjab last night. What's the word on the street?

Punjab 3 Ireland 2

Good finish last night at Mercer Stadium. Ireland came out hungry and took it to us in the first half but couldn't get one past our keeper. The second half was more evenly played and they scored first. We made a change in formation with 15-20 minutes left and scored 3 in a row to make it 3-1. Ireland got one late to make it 3-2. Good finish to a hard fought game.

Looks like the final won't be played for a couple of weeks.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Canadians 1 Peg 2

Peg controlled the match for the most part. Good movement from the Peg Lads , probably the best team we have played in Div 1 this year.

The winner was scored around the 70-75 min mark

Good luck the rest of the way

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham F.C 5-0 Pegasus
They are a talented side but their system didnt work against us. I would blame the score on their coach.
Up 3-0 in the first 20 minutes against the flow of play. Some herendous defending from their end and we capatilized on our chances.
They kept coming at us an we contained them.
Scored 2 more goals in the second half to finish it off..
I think the punjabs came to watch how the pegs played.... they didnt expect a 5 nil thrashing...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham F.C 5-0 Pegasus
They are a talented side but their system didnt work against us. I would blame the score on their coach.
Up 3-0 in the first 20 minutes against the flow of play. Some herendous defending from their end and we capatilized on our chances.
They kept coming at us an we contained them.
Scored 2 more goals in the second half to finish it off..
I think the punjabs came to watch how the pegs played.... they didnt expect a 5 nil thrashing...
I'm shocked... considering Peg were in the hunt for promotion.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well a little decieving ... wickham started with 9 guys, then went up to 10, then 11 and eventually finished the game with 10 ... that's no way to give yourself a chance to win ...

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the league notified us of the game change we asked to try to keep the same start time as I knew a couple of our starters would have trouble making alternate work arrangements on such short notice. In the end, our 2 center backs couldn't make the game while 2 others somehow didn't realize the Sun Run was on and got stuck downtown in traffic. We tried to get the officials to give us 15 minutes grace but they turned us down. Too bad because we had actually been playing better of late so were looking forward to a good final. Oh well, onto next year - hopefully this is the last time we get forced to enter the Div 1 Cup.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab... if serious about this competition... will win this cup without much trouble from anyone. They are a VERY good side... who gave us nightmares all season long.
FINAL

* Game 15: Wickham FC 'A' vs Punjab Hurricanes 'A' 0-5

Spank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0