Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaapie

Dec 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Regs, that's a picture of my wife your'e using!

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Green Devils 1 - 0 GN Sporting.

Crucial victory for the Devils came against all the odds. We took the lead after 5 or 6 minutes on a deflected goal.

Then after 10 minutes one of our center midfielders made a clumsy tackle on the edge of the box and inexplicably got a red card. It was a terrible call by the referee - it was a clear yellow card but there was definitely no menace in the tackle, just late. Ref was nervous and the situation wasn't helped by the whole GN screaming at him to show the red.

GN then absolutely dominated for the remaining 80 minutes but were mostly restricted to long-range efforts. They had a goal rightly disallowed for offside and both teams got about 5 yellow cards each, though it wasn't a dirty game. Great win for us - did really well to hold on and did enough ball chasing to last a lifetime!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Best of luck then to Reedeep and Burnsinder in Premier next year.

Two quality converted Indo Canadians.....I'm sure they'll do fine!!!

Congratulations!!

Toughest thing to do.....get promoted from division 1.

Well Done.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good result for Sapp last night, 7-1 over Surrey FC. Felt sorry for the Surrey keeper as Sapp got an own goal and Surrey's defence quit, letting Sapp have a 4 on 1 at one occasion. Bad news for Sapp - 3 red cards right at the 90 minute mark, 3 players who Sapp need to get another point from Lobbans next week.
Hurricanes have a good chance of getting promoted, Sapp still has 3 tough games left, staring next week vs Lobbans. Last time Sapp and Lobbans tied 2-2.
Vegas bookies may be expecting Lobbans to win, based on their excellent performance a few weeks ago when they beat Hurricanes.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good result for Sapp last night, 7-1 over Surrey FC. Felt sorry for the Surrey keeper as Sapp got an own goal and Surrey's defence quit, letting Sapp have a 4 on 1 at one occasion. Bad news for Sapp - 3 red cards right at the 90 minute mark, 3 players who Sapp need to get another point from Lobbans next week.
Hurricanes have a good chance of getting promoted, Sapp still has 3 tough games left, staring next week vs Lobbans. Last time Sapp and Lobbans tied 2-2.
Vegas bookies may be expecting Lobbans to win, based on their excellent performance a few weeks ago when they beat Hurricanes.

The bookies were not on your side last night PV. You were drawn out at #4! One more and you were in the money.

Sapp spotted SFC one early. It took 25 minutes to equalize and then Sapp cruised. The 3 reds are going to hurt next week. Luckily the 2 new guys are fantastic additions.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Punjab- 3
AFC- 1

Rumour has it that ICSTP... has approached a couple of Punjab's players and have offered them starting positions next year in Premier, but only if they transfer during the X-mas break, thus ending any hope of Punjab going to Premier. Good move by ICSTP... if true. One Indian team in Premier=loads of talent to choose from. 2 Indian team=slightly watered down teams. Just heard it on the sidelines on Sat nite. I'm sure somebody will come on here and say otherwise, but thats what I was told by somebody wearing a Hurricanes top.

Sapp with 3 red cards when they were winning and in a race for promo? WTF??
I'm hoping it was worth it. But unlike Punjab, SAPP has depth. What players were involved?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumour has it that ICSTP... has approached a couple of Punjab's players and have offered them starting positions next year in Premier, but only if they transfer during the X-mas break, thus ending any hope of Punjab going to Premier. Good move by ICSTP... if true. One Indian team in Premier=loads of talent to choose from. 2 Indian team=slightly watered down teams. Just heard it on the sidelines on Sat nite. I'm sure somebody will come on here and say otherwise, but thats what I was told by somebody wearing a Hurricanes top.

QUOTE]

Shriner, that "person in the Hurricanes top" must be named Pinocchio...and I hope his nose didn't poke your eye out when he told you that. Besides, Sapperton has already clinched, according to WAB :cool:

FYI-there is only one player that has been offered a starting position if we make it to Premier next year...and that is none other than Steve Miller...and I heard this myself on the sidelines from someone in a Norvan jacket :eek:

rx8

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

sapperton didnt clinch shite, will c after the break if there still the same team, they barely win now, how will they look after the break? Only hope of them goin back to premier is if they all take some GH.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

My prediction is the Hurricanes overtake Sapperton only to lose to RCIU in the second to last week of the season to stay in Div. 1

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

QUOTE]

Shriner, that "person in the Hurricanes top" must be named Pinocchio...and I hope his nose didn't poke your eye out when he told you that. Besides, Sapperton has already clinched, according to WAB :cool:

There is a lot of BS going around here. WAB has said nothing of the likes and the 3 reds are right up there as well. PV is full of it.

Sapp: 51 GF, 9 GA is not quite "barely" winning. Besides, what sort of "break" are we getting? The 1st game back is Jan 2 - frickin' unheard of.
Sapp has added a 21 year-old Hungarian kid who is very impressive and speedy as well as a solid sweeper out of Trinity U. The question now is, can everybody co-exist? We'll see.

rx8

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

To bad your talk isnt as good as your teams performance, i dont wanna sit here talkin to someone whose just waiting infront of his computer just waiting to get feedback to his response. How about you just shut me up at the end of the year on the standings sheet, sound good?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shut you up like Delta and Club Ireland did?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

To bad your talk isnt as good as your teams performance, i dont wanna sit here talkin to someone whose just waiting infront of his computer just waiting to get feedback to his response. How about you just shut me up at the end of the year on the standings sheet, sound good?

rx8, who are you going off on?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FYI-there is only one player that has been offered a starting position if we make it to Premier next year...and that is none other than Steve Miller...and I heard this myself on the sidelines from someone in a Norvan jacket :eek:

How rich is SFC Peg, to have Reedie and Millar in the line-up, where would they find the 25G's?

Kenno, if this happens, we better hook up with Mr. Base and see what kind of funding we can find for the Mighty Rangers in the VMSL.

Congrats on Promotion Mr. Reedie

hos

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shut you up like Delta and Club Ireland did?

ha ha ha... Hurricanes for the treble!!! 3 years in a row of cokcing up promotion!!! goooooooooooooooooooo mittens!!!!!

Chilean Superstar

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahahahaha, the ****ing Hurricanes think they're so good. If it wasn't for AFC's sweeper going down in the last 15 minutes of the game, it would have been a tie game or an AFC win. The canes also needed the ref to win this one. They were offside on the 2-1 goal, clearly offside. I had said earlier the canes were better than Sapperton. After seeing the Canes a second time and after seeing how they struggle against middle of the pack teams, Sapperton is a better team all around. All the Canes do is yap yap yap. Well see you in 1st div next year canes.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

How rich is SFC Peg, to have Reedie and Millar in the line-up, where would they find the 25G's?

Kenno, if this happens, we better hook up with Mr. Base and see what kind of funding we can find for the Mighty Rangers in the VMSL.

Congrats on Promotion Mr. Reedie

hos

Wow, I had no idea Steve Miller was on $25G's! We will have to rethink that one.

Maybe we should recruit Dan Penner instead...I know he lives in the South Surrey area with his wife and 2 kids, although he did also cheat on the TTP football pool, so we need to be careful.

With regard to Coach, my understanding, which was obtained from someone wearing a Vancouver 86er jacket, is that he is currently the highest paid "amateur" in BC soccer...and worth every damn penny.

:D

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually we don't ever come on here and talk shite, everybody just seems to hate on us. The seasons not over and we are taking it one game at a time we know from experience that it's not over until the last game. As for the game afc played well but we pulled out a gritty win, and a wins a win.

Hahahahaha, the ****ing Hurricanes think they're so good. If it wasn't for AFC's sweeper going down in the last 15 minutes of the game, it would have been a tie game or an AFC win. The canes also needed the ref to win this one. They were offside on the 2-1 goal, clearly offside. I had said earlier the canes were better than Sapperton. After seeing the Canes a second time and after seeing how they struggle against middle of the pack teams, Sapperton is a better team all around. All the Canes do is yap yap yap. Well see you in 1st div next year canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0