Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Hard to believe that Rangers, probably one of the most honest teams in the division, would go ballistic like that if there wasn't any foul. Add in the fact that it was Animal and it's hard to believe there was no wrong doing.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Machel. You make valid points about the Ladner boys being a solid group. Also you have some validity about Animal and some of his past tackles. But you weren't there. Devo, maybe shouldn't have said it was the "goalie's fault" (he did come too late to punch the ball), as it was NO ONE'S fault. It was simply a collisio off a set piece CK to the top of the 6, Animal offensively heads the ball and goalie bounces of his chubby shoulder...GK's legs swing from under him and he lands awkwardly on his back. Very scary to see a fellow player unconscious, gurgling, etc. Hopefully, the GK has no long term effects from the incident and we can only wait to see what the league decides to do re: points or partial replay.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good point, Klaus.......let's hope the keeper is okay. The league will do the right thing and award the points. It is kind of shitty to get 3 points that way but that has been the way they've dealt with this sort of thing this season.

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regarding the tackle last night at the Rangers/Richmond game. I wouldn't say it was a lily clean tackle by any means but none of the ranegrs guys have an super issues with it. From what they told me today Animal didn't actually win the ball clean but just caught Lloyd in a vunerable spot and he landed badly. The problem that some of the guys had with Miro is simple. Our one guy ( lloyds bro) is obviously upset and wont shut up. Another guy tries toget between him and Miro and says lets go over there and talk. Miro goes ape ands says shut or your getting a red. Our guy says sgive me as many as you want but lets go over there and get awayfrom this. Miro snaps throws the red our guy grabbed him by the shirt and then it calmed down pretty quick. At no point did Miro chck into the health of our guy ro seem to have much concern for him. He apparently spent 20 minutes tryingto figure out the cards and then get his flags and then fcuked off before lloyd was even carried away. Regardless of Miro calling the game we awoudlnt have able to finish as lights went off.

Llyod went to Peace Arch for CAT scan last nght and apparently spent the night at delta. we are still awaiting words on how he is.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let's hope Lloyd is okay....he's a great guy.

As for the lights, Alberta, they were turned off at that point. They didn't go off as you have to turn the lights off at Winskill as they're not on a timer.

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Russ said they were on timer. I should have called Army and asked, he knows more about everything. Anyone know if he was there?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know Holly Park is on timer.......but Winskill is normally turned off by the home team.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fair enough Klaus, it wasn't his fault. Bad comment. As for the "foul", there's nothing wrong with heading a ball off a corner. I know it was Animal but from my angle he didn't know he was being challenged by the keeper. Regardless of everything, I just hope Lloyd's all good and healthy.

Now can VMSL post our game for next week already!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ICST Pegasus 5 Binger's Army 1

The first half was tight and Binger's were unlucky not to be level at the half when pinging a good chance off the post with the score 1 - 0 for ICST Peg. The second half opened up a lot more as Binger's pulled away from their 5 - 4 - 1 system in search of a tying goal. Carlos with a dream cheap for the 3rd goal. Binger's( I believe Lance) scored a very nice free-kick to make it 3 - 1 but 2 more goals sealed the deal and clinched promotion for the lads. Congratulations to all the players who have put in a lot of time and effort and to the management team......and of course to Coach Reedie. He was going to put himself in at the end but he was too cold........he must be getting old. :D

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

..........Going 15 - 0 would be a great way to do it......considering it hasn't been done for a long time in division one......
:)[/QUOTE]

I believe Punjab did it around 3 years ago going 18-0:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

..........Going 15 - 0 would be a great way to do it......considering it hasn't been done for a long time in division one......
:)

I believe Punjab did it around 3 years ago going 18-0:eek:[/quote]

Were they in division one or two?

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

clinched promotion for the lads. Congratulations to all the players who have put in a lot of time and effort and to the management team

Jag Gill had a blinder the best player on the field. Great game, great result go on ICST Peg!!!! Not only was he great on the field but he drove me home too, needless to say the 6 jagerbombs (thanks Dave) didn't sit well. :knvb::knvb::knvb::knvb::knvb::knvb:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 3 - AFC 2

The fog was so brutal at times that you couldn't even see 40 yards. I didn't know what was happening on the other side of the field during most of the second half.

1-0: 30 seconds in off a scramble
2-0: 2 minutes in off a breakaway
3-0: 10 minutes in off another breakaway
AFC wakes up
Sapp falls apart and stops playing
3-1: 10 before half
3-2 with 15 to go.

A bit of a nail-biter for sure.

Sugs

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I dunno Reeder Morris barried a rocket from outside the box the speed and the fog may have obscured your vision not to mention a few wobbely pops the bingers boys never quit though classy bunch. Well done ICST, back to premier we go!

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to the ICST Peg boys! It's a hard road back to Premier after a relegation. The players on both merged squads stuck around and fought it out in Div 1 (some longer than others) and have earned their spot in Premier again. The coaching squad and management deserve some credit here as well - it is difficult to transition two squads together and build chemistry and a team first attitude. It has seemed to paid dividends especially with a 15 and 0 run!! So, congrats to Sandy, Reedie, Burnsie, Kam, Lav and Costley!!

A job well done and I hope the boys have sobered up this morning after a night on the piss last night!!

There is a lot of history with all involved with ICST (Indo and Temple) and with Pegasus. I am sure all the guys that have a solid history with these clubs (some probably all the way back into the 1980's) are proud that the boys are back in premier!!!

Now don't get relegated again!!! :D:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo/Peg

Congratulations. You destroyed every team on your side. Has there been a more deserving team promoted in recent memory? I think not......

BUT

Now comes the inevitable addition of Premier players to help solidify the team. Then what happens to all of you who stuck it out in Div1 for more than 1 year if you don't get the call in Premier? Are you then going to blame Sandy for "screwing you over", and picking his "old friends"? Hmmmm...

Ah, yes........the sobering thoughts now go through all of those players' minds.:D:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is that Reedie's new nickname "Sandy"? I think this team will do just fine, there is loads and loads of talented players in the Surrey area, well Newton, yes they have some great older players from both he Indo and Peg teams, but this team will stay up in Premier based on the young talent that comes out of the SFC, they may pick up the odd player, but with Reedie coaching this team, they will do fine.

Congrats to Reedie and Surrey FC Peg/Rangers.

hos

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good job Sapp. Nice to see you guys winning again. It should be fun to see how it all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0