Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

RCIU Hooped Idiotsd 5 - AFC 3

Not too pretty and fkcing cold at Byrne Creek. 3-3 at half in a texas shout-out. Although, all 3 of AFC's goals against RCIU were complete defensive miscues, which I may or may have not been a part of...dammit. Anyways, finished 5-3, and maybe should've been mre. Couple pints in, but IMO all of our goals were total quality. Hitman, Reynold X2, Ruby, & Eric. Hint: 5 goals from 19 & under. Us old guys have gotta find somewhere else to shine...or fade away!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Hint: 5 goals from 19 & under. Us old guys have gotta find somewhere else to shine...or fade away!"

age isn't everything Nash ..

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

first off, i'd be up for the vegas trip if we won and second, who the fcuk cares what they do. WAB, why do you care? Klaus, nice report. Good group of guys on AFC. I guess only Sapp left till the cup.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff Avenue 1 ICST Pegasus 3

ICST were up 3 - 0 after 20 minutes......very attractive football.....but Cliff worked their way into the game. They are a good team....I'm sure if they had that crew all year, they wouldn't have lost points against some of the 'weaker' teams. Having said that, they really are a bunch of whiners........EVERY call was wrong according to them...lots of begging from most of the players on the park but that is life I suppose.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

But scoopy, if you'd rather not go to vegas with your buddies and join WAB's sausage and buns party....I'm sure you would have a good time your wife will be cool with that as well. :rolleyes:

I'd choose vegas though....:knvb::knvb:

Let's get it straight I am pretty sure it was buns, pepperoni sticks and iced tea. Your right any reason is a good reason to go to Vegas, it would be stupid if we didn't. The wife will only be good with it as long as T-Man isn't there:D otherwise suspicions arise

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rob Hall is a douchebag and doesn't deserve promotion :D

Also, congrats to ICST for a thoroughly dominating season thus far. I believe the expression is Veni, Vidi, Vinci? Good luck running the table and even more luck with Premier next year. Let's hope you stick because we couldn't handle another club in your name. WESTSIDE ICST PEG MF United just doesn't sound right :D.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

first off, i'd be up for the vegas trip if we won and second, who the fcuk cares what they do. WAB, why do you care? Klaus, nice report. Good group of guys on AFC. I guess only Sapp left till the cup.

I don't care what they do. Just keeping the thread alive.
The best reason I've heard for the trip is by Big Foot. Biggest damn accomplishment ever! Gotta go celebrate! See you in 3 days, honey.:)

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Understandably WAB.....getting out of the GVRD would be the "biggest damn accomplishment" for the likes of you.......jealous posts now understood or as you would say "just keeping the thread alive".:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Some call ups, perhaps? :D

A couple should have been signed before the deadline.....once RCIU Division One squad got out of the relegation threat......

Reynold Stewart is as creative as any player in RCIU at the moment and is a lot of fun to watch. I love watching left-footers play. :D Erik Olsen, Mike Easingwood, Martin Smith, and Magnus Sinclair have all been excellent additions to the club.........

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff Avenue 1 ICST Pegasus 3

ICST were up 3 - 0 after 20 minutes......very attractive football.....

I agree Peg was playing an attractive style of football, but I wouldn't attribute their 3 goals to the style of football they were playing. 2 of their goals came from scrambles deep within the 18, caused mainly by own our stupid mistakes. Regardless, well played game by Peg and a deserved 3 pts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree Peg was playing an attractive style of football, but I wouldn't attribute their 3 goals to the style of football they were playing. 2 of their goals came from scrambles deep within the 18, caused mainly by own our stupid mistakes. Regardless, well played game by Peg and a deserved 3 pts.

3rd one definitely was........the first two were from corners and free-kicks which were prefaced with attractive football. ;) :)

As mentioned, Cliff Avenue is a good team and could cause an upset in the Imperial Cup..........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GN Sporting 0 ICST Pegasus 5

Goal scorers were......Sugs (2), Jag Gill, Carlos, and Mr. Morris from what I heard....only two subs on the bench today as several regulars were not available.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And GN was playing with 10 guys....pretty boring game.

Hardballztwocents.

Hard Ballz

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Primo MF 5-0 AFC Leopards

We took a page out of RCIU's book and called up some young guns who delivered in spades. Hat Trick from one and tireless work from the others. Been a tough season for us, lots of injuries and we lost some guys over the summer but this win felt great. Our fearless leader led the way with a 1st half brace (2 spectacular goals) and we didn't look back. Came out like lions the second half and earned a deserved win. Time will now tell what happens from here on out...Let's hope we can avoid the playoof for relegation.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice win, Berga. :) It's amazing what fresh legs can bring to a team. Unfortunately, too many coaches/teams are not willing to give the kids a try because they are used to the same faces and afraid to try. Klaus has done a great job with the RCIU Division One lads.

It will be certainly be a battle over the next few weeks. Good luck to all involved. I'm just glad RCIU is out of that battle as it was looking like it was going to happen a couple of months ago.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks CS, and yes you guys did an amazing job digging yourselves out.

Does anyone know what happens now with the abandoned games? Huge implications for the relegation battle...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

My best guess would be both abandoned games will be results against Ladner. The first game was due to the lights going out while they were losing 2-0 to Leopards. Even if they make them play the remaining 15-20 mins, I doubt ladner will score 2 or 3 goals to get points. The other abandoned game was due to an incident between Ladner players and a referee, and that usually ends up in the league awarding the match to the opposing team. So I think you guys have safely avoided relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0