Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done. I might only disagree with Norvan and Tigers. If Norvan plays with determination like last game; they should be able to keep a draw.

As for Campo; this game is not as easy as it seems. A team can not be forever losing and we do have lots of injuries, suspensions, and the like. It will not be a whatever game. Metropolitan beat us during the summer twice, so I would not take them for granted. There is no small game in Division 1.

No worries just use illegal players like you have in the past and you will be fine.:gurps:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 2 - Rinos Tigers 0

When I thought that I have seen it all, you come to see things that simply shock you. I went to see the Norvan versus Rino's Tigers game.
I thought that I was having some sort of hallucination because I see the coach of their team playing in the back line.

I get closer. Indeed, it is their coach. He actually was playing very well. One of the best on the field. But come on, the guy is 43 or more.

Perhaps, the money from the foreign source has finished, and they are short in players.

The two goals from Norvan were the result of defensive errors. The first goal came after a good cross on the ground. The defender intercepted it, but his body position was sub optimal, and he left the ball on the perfect place for the forward to finish.

The second goal was a miss communication between the coach and one of the young defenders. The coach protected the ball well.
He made a pass across (a bit risky), but the defender stayed on his place waiting for the ball. Of course, the Norvan player saw this and ran towards the ball. He reached it. He finished nicely in a one versus one with the keeper.

Norvan should get back into Premier. They deserve it. Things can change during the months, but they have picked up the pace.

Rinos Tigers can still get back into Premier, but they need back the previous players. Otherwise, they simply will be a strong division 1 team.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metropolitan 2 - Campo Atletico 2

Metropolitan played better and with more heart and deserved to win. We were really lucky to save the one point. It was good for our guys to show that they can save themselves from a deep hole.

We went up in the first minute of the game. A nice shot from far.
Perhaps this gave us false confidence. However, the other team did not give up and pressed and played better than us. They got two deserved goals.

The first goal. They stole the ball from our holding midfielder. He proceeded to chip the ball over the keeper.
The second goal was good too. They beat the winger and the defender. Then a pass back and an elegant finish to the post.

The problem was that they were beating us and every aspect of the game. Quite impressive for a team with 0 points on the table.
We made substitutions and regained control of the game.

We pressed hard. Their keeper made two fantastic saves. I really thought that we were going to lose. However, in the last 3 minutes a miracle happened as in an scramble the ball landed in our midfielder who boot the ball into the net. They argued for a hand ball, but it was actually their own player who touch the ball with the hand. It either was a goal or a penalty. A good but difficult call on the referees.

The referees did well.

This is football guys. There are no small teams.
We are second on the table, but I do not see us lasting. There are other teams who are better. At least we are away from the relegation zone.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get closer. Indeed, it is their coach. He actually was playing very well. One of the best on the field. But come on, the guy is 43 or more.

Perhaps, the money from the foreign source has finished, and they are short in players.

Look I know you and the Rino's guys have a history of slagging each other and there is some bad blood, but this really has become tedious.

Rino's does not get any "foreign money", they took over Ayjal when that "club's" foreign money did indeed dry up. You'll note that when this occurred there was a mass exodus of players (who were no doubt on said payroll...) which is why their roster is/was made up of kids and didn't win a single game in prem.

On the flip side, there is no evidence that Campo pays it's players. Like with Rino's Tigers, it seems that previous incarnations of this club (a la AC Campobasso) allegedly remunerated players in some fashion. As for illegal players, etc., clearly any formal protests or other actions have not been found valid. I am sure we have all at some point operated in the grey areas of the rules.

I'm not saying we should all get along; @Soccer Coach need only look as far as his drippingly condescending tone and YouTube videos for an explanation of why not everybody agrees with him, shall we say? But my fcuk, I really don't want yet another week of coming onto the site and seeing new posts, only to find that they are just personal attacks and nothing at all to do with Predictions/Results/Banter.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look I know you and the Rino's guys have a history of slagging each other and there is some bad blood, but this really has become tedious.

Rino's does not get any "foreign money", they took over Ayjal when that "club's" foreign money did indeed dry up. You'll note that when this occurred there was a mass exodus of players (who were no doubt on said payroll...) which is why their roster is/was made up of kids and didn't win a single game in prem.

On the flip side, there is no evidence that Campo pays it's players. Like with Rino's Tigers, it seems that previous incarnations of this club (a la AC Campobasso) allegedly remunerated players in some fashion. As for illegal players, etc., clearly any formal protests or other actions have not been found valid. I am sure we have all at some point operated in the grey areas of the rules.

I'm not saying we should all get along; @Soccer Coach need only look as far as his drippingly condescending tone and YouTube videos for an explanation of why not everybody agrees with him, shall we say? But my fcuk, I really don't want yet another week of coming onto the site and seeing new posts, only to find that they are just personal attacks and nothing at all to do with Predictions/Results/Banter.
Are you sure that this does not has anything to do with you getting the prediction off?

Please help me. I thought that I was kind as I stated that he was playing well and perhaps one of the best in the field at 43.

Please kindly explain how you would have reported that a 43+ year old coach is playing with a team.

As for the money thing, something happened between the summer and the 3rd game. They had a very strong squad in the summer and when we played them. However, it is clear that things have changed. The person who we suspect was funding the team has disappeared again and with him some of the star players. Hence they being short in players again and some of the talented players are no longer in sight.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tight race for promotion this year, its going to be a long year for all the teams. Whichever team stays healthy will have the best chance of promotion. As of now even Delta who is in second last place is only 4 points away from promotion (nothing against Delta they are great lads).

2 years ago Norvan was 5th or 6th place at Christmas break and they ended up going on tear and ended up getting promoted and last year Westside was in the same boat at Christmas break they were 6th place and ended up winning all of their remaining games and won the Division. Who knows we could end up in a playoff situation for promotion at the end of the year.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tight race for promotion this year, its going to be a long year for all the teams. Whichever team stays healthy will have the best chance of promotion. As of now even Delta who is in second last place is only 4 points away from promotion (nothing against Delta they are great lads).

2 years ago Norvan was 5th or 6th place at Christmas break and they ended up going on tear and ended up getting promoted and last year Westside was in the same boat at Christmas break they were 6th place and ended up winning all of their remaining games and won the Division. Who knows we could end up in a playoff situation for promotion at the end of the year.
I already predicted
Norvan and Campo

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo is mediocre at best, there is no way that they will get promoted. I watched their game and they have the slowest backline and shaky keeper in the Division. Their center back has a huge belly that was sticking out of his jersey I was embarrassed for him any good team with pace will slice and dice their backline. However they do have good midfield and forwards and that's what saves them from loosing games.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday predictions to get primed for the weekend:

GN v NorVan
Friday starts with the MOTW as the leagues two top form teams at the moment meet in Surrey. Hosts GN have won 3 on the bounce, including an impressive win at Bingers last week. NorVan are unbeaten in 4 and have climbed to the top of the table after back to back wins over Bingers and Tigers. Should be a cracker, and what a result it would be for GN if they were to claim all 3 points to launch the recently promoted team into yet another promotion race! They'll be up for it, no doubt, but NorVan have flexed their premier pedigree in the recent weeks and I see them battling out a hard fought win away from home as these are the results you need to have if you are to finish in the top two.

Campo v Rino's Vancouver SC
Campo's slip up at bottom of the table Metropolitan last time out cost them a chance to be top of the table. What better way to get back into your stride than by playing yet another Rino's rival? Rino's have only the one win that they eeked out over lowly Metro and despite their three draws they have sunk to the lower reaches of the table. Yes it will be a "tough game" (they all are when everybody in the league wants to beat you just on principle) but Campo should win comfortably.

CCB v South Delta
SD have found things much tougher this season, but fought out a good point last week against Fury. CCB, though, need to consolidate their win over Tigers after a bye week. I'll take the Surrey boys at home in this one.

Romania v Bingers
Don't look now, but after a hot start for Bingers and a slow start for Romania these teams have identical records. This one comes down to who's got it on game day. The Army are always a plucky group, who need no motivating so they will be ready to stop the rot if they get the chance. Romania are on the up, but wins over the bottom two teams in the league will only be taken seriously if they can land a big(ger) fish like Bingers. I'm tempted to call this one a draw, but I have a soft spot for the Army.

Rino's Fury v Metropolitan
How will Students respond after finally claiming their first point of the season by drawing with the favoured Campo last week? They should be in with a shout against the Fury, but I will need more convincing. The Rino's lads will know these are three points they crucially need if they are to avoid a relegation fight come February. Fury for the win.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahahahahah. Campo?? Good banter good laughs. They technically didn't even get promoted to div 1, let alone get promoted to prem. They only came to div 1 cause surrey firefighters dropped out of prem and went to fraser valley :stop:
God wanted Campo in Division 1. So far, this has proven to be a correct decision.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo is mediocre at best, there is no way that they will get promoted. I watched their game and they have the slowest backline and shaky keeper in the Division. Their center back has a huge belly that was sticking out of his jersey I was embarrassed for him any good team with pace will slice and dice their backline. However they do have good midfield and forwards and that's what saves them from loosing games.
Soccercoach does not see what you see. You can feel embarrassed for him, and indeed this make sense in your way to see and feel the game. There is no arguing from the way you assess and see players.
Soccercoach values other things in players and does not feel embarrassed by the back line and keeper. On the contrary, there is quite a bit of pride on selecting this backline and keeper. They can do a lot of things that other defenses can not do. They have proven themselves by winning two cups and holding well against the attack of CCB and Rino's Tigers. On a heart beat, Soccercoach chooses this backline and keeper over any other in Division 2 or Division 1. It is just a matter of taste and opinion, but again two cups are not won without an efficient back line.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccercoach does not see what you see. You can feel embarrassed for him, and indeed this make sense in your way to see and feel the game. There is no arguing from the way you assess and see players.
Soccercoach values other things in players and does not feel embarrassed by the back line and keeper. On the contrary, there is quite a bit of pride on selecting this backline and keeper. They can do a lot of things that other defenses can not do. They have proven themselves by winning two cups and holding well against the attack of CCB and Rino's Tigers. On a heart beat, Soccercoach chooses this backline and keeper over any other in Division 2 or Division 1. It is just a matter of taste and opinion, but again two cups are not won without an efficient back line.

2 cups in Div.2 not that impressive my friend. If you really want to impress me win an imperial cup and Div. 1 title then I will personally come and shake your hand. Until then you are a mediocre club at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0