Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really can not believe that people are insisting in playing a game with a forecast of 0 degrees that will feel like -3 and with warnings of arctic flows. It is irresponsible to request that players have a game on this conditions and then asking them to drive on a highway late at night.
Common sense anyone?
No doubt the quality of the game will suffer, but to me the most important issue is the safety of the players during the game and then drive after the game.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really can not believe that people are insisting in playing a game with a forecast of 0 degrees that will feel like -3 and with warnings of arctic flows. It is irresponsible to request that players have a game on this conditions and then asking them to drive on a highway late at night.
Common sense anyone?
No doubt the quality of the game will suffer, but to me the most important issue is the safety of the players during the game and then drive after the game.

Chicken Shite....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is not a matter of being brave. It is a matte of being responsible to the players, officials, and the turf field as well.
Playing on turf at near frozen temperatures and asking players to drive to another municipality when there are multiple warnings weather agencies is negligent.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well, league finally accepts the request to cancel the game.
For the moment, lets ignore the aspect of the quality of play as the game would have suffered.
For most turf fields the issue is not to be clear of snow. Once the temperatures reach levels close to zero, the ground below the turf can become very hard and turf slippery. A fall and serious injury can occur to the players.
Looking forward to this game as South Delta has gotten very good results lately.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know why your whining and having a moan about this Soccer Coach. Our team is playing tonight at Dugald in Ladner. There is zero snow in Tsawwassen / Ladner.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
With so many games now having been postponed, what's the script re playing the rearranged matches? Are they likely to be played on Saturdays after the season was due to end and before Provincial Cup or will they mostly be played midweek?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With so many games now having been postponed, what's the script re playing the rearranged matches? Are they likely to be played on Saturdays after the season was due to end and before Provincial Cup or will they mostly be played midweek?

Likely weekend matches tacked on to the end of the current schedule. The league doesn't have enough field capacity midweek to makeup all the games earlier.

Reactions: GoF

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha - spoke to quick.....our game has just been cancelled by VMSL. Perhaps Romania was whining too
It might seem whining too you now, but one day you might realize that they were making you a favour. Not only potential injuries to your players was avoided, but also the hassling of having to deal with insurance companies, personal injury lawyers, or court proceedings.

Once again the issue is not that the turf field looks playable, but the problem is what under the surface of the turf at near freezing temperatures. Some trap moisture and can become very hard and will cause safety concerns for the players. Delta is showing a temperature of 0 degree at this moment that "feels like" -4 degrees.
Yes you can play on the field, but it would not be safe to play on it.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It might seem whining too you now, but one day you might realize that they were making you a favour. Not only potential injuries to your players was avoided, but also the hassling of having to deal with insurance companies, personal injury lawyers, or court proceedings.

Once again the issue is not that the turf field looks playable, but the problem is what under the surface of the turf at near freezing temperatures. Some trap moisture and can become very hard and will cause safety concerns for the players. Delta is showing a temperature of 0 degree at this moment that "feels like" -4 degrees.
Yes you can play on the field, but it would not be safe to play on it.

Insurance companies, personal injury lawyers and/or court proceedings? LOLLLLLLLLLL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

There's been plenty of games in a lot worse temperatures you clueless numbnut

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Insurance companies, personal injury lawyers and/or court proceedings? LOLLLLLLLLLL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

There's been plenty of games in a lot worse temperatures you clueless numbnut
I am starting to realize that the level of ignorance and faulty logic is greater that envisaged.
You might want to have a chat with Urban Rec and the lawsuits that they had to face as well as some of the people who managed their teams.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Urban rec is a fantastic money making business
Very poor level of football
We are in a league of Teams having a money Deficit
Fines , very high field rentals
Fees to Vmsl and BC soccer
But very good football
Only good thing about BC Soccer is insurance cover
For the league players

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did have a team in Urban Rec this summer (Campo Alegre).
Believe it or not, many players in the other teams took it quite seriously.
It was fun.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
G
I am starting to realize that the level of ignorance and faulty logic is greater that envisaged.
You might want to have a chat with Urban Rec and the lawsuits that they had to face as well as some of the people who managed their teams.

Guess you do read my posts and do not ignore me

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Likely weekend matches tacked on to the end of the current schedule. The league doesn't have enough field capacity midweek to makeup all the games earlier.

To veer this discussion uncharacteristically back towards actual football talk...

There's plenty of extra weekends at the end of the season to get the games in especially when you factor in the fact that the weekends scheduled for "cup play" will involve fewer and fewer teams each round. Likely a few midweek games, but certainly not the majority. Everything will be seen up before Provs I'm sure.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember when I was young playing makeup league games weekdays on gravel fields and we never complained. Of course we were too busy walking to school/work ten miles in the snow up hill both ways but back then men were men and the women played in a different league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0