Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play the game.

And I "get" TTP. Do you think there's really that much to "get?"

When people's slagging is poor, I'll call it out. It's all part of the game. Surely that needn't cause your knickers to get in a twist. Why so defensive?

P.S. Manneh wants his jock back.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose. Not all replies are banter. Some are, you know, replies.

But, whatever. You either get TTP or you don't. Most people that do are lads that have actually spent time in a dressing room, not dudes that spend time jock sniffing those that walk out of them.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps_zpsdc5gvmwd.jpg

151390-1%20nerd.jpg

P.S. Hastings? Maybe bring a map with you the next time you visit Vancouver proper.
I don't think you've ever met @Gurps . Let's just say Bollywood wants him back. Watch out, Gurps, if Ballbaby ever loses the rest of his hair, you're next in line.

~Mancrush.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey here's a change...let's talk Div 1!

This Week:

Akal v GN
MOTW just because of the rivalry and there's not really another fixture that jumps off the page. Tough start for GN against promotion favourites Tigers last week, but no start for Akal (??) in the forfeit to Bingers due to registration issues (??). I gather they are in worse shape than I thought, I'll take the newly promoted boys.

SD v Bingers
Should be pretty even, much like their meetings last year. Bingers no doubt happy for a week off with 3 points, mean while SD filled the net in a high scoring draw. Should be a good, fun, competitive game and in the end I'll say they can't be separated - DRAW

Tigers v Romania
Double digits anyone??

CCB Guilford v Campo
An interesting fixture. Campo began their new Div 1 campaign against Rinos Fury who they had simply dismissed at every time of asking last season and lost. Now this week they play promotion hopefuls. Was Campo unprepared? Surely they would have expected a win against Rinos. I'll have to go with CCB this week.

NorVan v Rinos Fury
Great result for Rinos against nemesis Campo last week. NorVan though showed their pedigree as promotion contenders navigating a tricky away fixture vs Metro in Week 1. I say that quality carries forward this week.

Metropolitan v Rinos Van SC
Despite scoring several vs SD Rinos also conceded. Goals will be much tougher to come by vs. the often stingy Students, making that porous defense a worry.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal v GN - Will Akal even show up this week? Who knows... GN 3-0 by forfeit or by actually playing. It won't matter.

South Delta v Bingers - I can't see Binger's conceding the way Rino's Vancouver did last week. I believe a couple of SD's big guns from last year made their way back to RFC Premier, so Binger's should have the edge here.

Rino's Tigers v Romania - Should be straightforward for Rino's Tigers.

CCB Guildford v Campo Athletico (draw) - Word on the street is that Guildford are not the highly organized, slick passing team that they were last year. Meanwhile, Campo rolled out a new look 3-5-2 last week, and it caused Rino's Fury some issues because Campo's wingers stayed wide and created some angles we weren't used to seeing. The weak point for Campo is their back 3, of which only 1 is Div1 quality. I think Campo could jump out to a surprise early lead, but once Guildford figure out they need to commit men forward and they can overwhelm the defense they should gain the momentum and at least draw level.

Metropolitan v Rinos Van SC (draw) - These two drew twice last year in a pair of low-scoring drab affairs. I wouldn't expect anything different this week.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know guys. I was very happy mind my own business, when I received a call tell me that things were a bit too quiet and a bit boring here in the TTP. I can see this. Thus, it might be time to spicy things a bit around. The first thing to say is that whoever decided to start Division 1 with a Rino Fury - Campo Atletico thought it very well. Start the season with the two teams who have demonstrated the most love and affection for each other.

As for the commentary prior to the match before, I must say that at the end winning is what matters in competition. It does not matter how the put the goals in the net at the end they did and did very well. It is a well deserved win. It might seem strange, and I must admit. I surprised myself, but I was not upset. Perhaps because I saw the Rino's players worked hard and their goals were well executed. Thus, it was nice to shake the hands of their players. At the end you celebrate for whom does it well.

I hope some of Rinos management come to shake the hands looking me in the eye rather than the cursory hand shake. By gones, are by gones.

As for the game. We did not play 3-5-2. We came to experiment with a 3-3-1-3. We did play in the final with them 3-5-2. They are right that we were coming from different angles. They seemed very confused in the first 30 minutes and we controlled possession and have very good scoring opportunities that should have been converted. We lost possession in the build up. They counterattacked and our defender fouled Rinos forward.

Our wall was not well set. The forward stroke well. Nice goal from far distance.

The goal gave confidence to Rino's and they pushed up. They were not creating direct shots on goal, but were bringing the ball to the top of the box. They should have gone 2-0. The referee did not call a clear penalty. I was not going to go and tell you made a mistake there, because in my opinion he had made really bad calls in favour of Rinos before. To be fair, it was a square and clear penalty.

They must have changed something on the midfield because we got it in a bottleneck. I was trying to sort it out when an scramble irn the midfield led to a ball in the air towards the keeper. He came out. Completely misread the situation and an easy goal from our experienced striker and former Rino player.

Then again another free kick. Well executed and our goalie just saved it by miracle. I literally saw the ball going perfectly to the angle and then our goalkeeper touching with the finger tips and then post and back into the field and they blew up the rebound.

Half time ends. We can not complain. They should be 2-0 up even though we controlled most of the match.

I was confident that our players would outplay them and would be able to get the goal to go ahead. Several good chances created. Then a very nice goal from the creativity of our two strikers. The two of them confused their back line with their dribbling and movement.

I was preparing the substitutions and was ready to park the bus, because we sensed that Rinos players were going to come with everything at us. They did. I was going to change the formation to pretty much 5-4-1 or something like than when another free kick happens. We are with the substitute in the line....and another very good goal from them from the free kick to make it 2-2.
Our subsititution comes is. A bit of misscomunication and the defense makes a pass to the striker who scores from the top with a good finish. 3-2 for them. Nothing to say. They won well in the last 10 minutes.

I can see why they were happy giving the end of the cup. However, It will never be the same. It is not the same to win a final than winning in a league game.

My advice. Do not give free kicks to Rinos Fury. The best taker so far in Division2/1 that I have seen.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our subsititution comes is. A bit of misscomunication and the defense makes a pass to the striker who scores from the top with a good finish. 3-2 for them.

No.

We played a ball forward to our strong striker who held the ball well with his back to goal 20 yards out and laid it off perfectly to the midfielder who was bursting through with no one tracking his run. It was not a miscommunication or mistake by Campo. It was a good play by that striker, and he deserves the recognition.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We do respect the perspective of others. From our view, it was a defensive error. If you see it differently. It is fine. This is our perspective because as usual we discussed the goals in detail to try to improve, and the passer told us that he thought that the substitute was going to be in that space. It was a big hole with no one tracking the runs or covering. Something to work as the confusion got resolved the play after but it was too late.
I do not know what else do you want me to say... we expressed that it was a good goal coming from a defensive error.

The question now for us is... Can Campo get a draw out of the heavy favourites CCB Guildford and promotion contenders? I doubt it, but I m sure that we will try to make them suffer for those point. Then we play the other favourites, Rinos Tigers....
Stay tuned .... for exciting and dramatic matches..
I must admit that I love to be the underdog on this matches.
This is when Campo plays best..

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for the weekend:

Akal v GN

SD v Bingers

Tigers
v Romania

CCB Guilford v Campo

NorVan
v Rinos Fury

Metropolitan v Rinos Van SC

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION it looked something more like this (although this is still wildly inaccurate as there were still defenders between the shooter and the goal)

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION it looked something more like this (although this is still wildly inaccurate as there were still defenders between the shooter and the goal)

This is a very nice goal. The way @Soccer Coach and Campo aims to play. Perhaps, at the end, Rino's and Campo have more in common when it comes to playing style than we think. After all as they say; there is a very thin line in the heart between love and hate.
Perhaps this one is more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0