Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel in recognition of the recent law change in Ukraine, now is a good time to mention that the Fury are now going to be known as Rino's шаленство

In order to compete with Tigers and their Saudi funding we sold our spot to a Ukrainian oligarch, and he's just declared ownership of us in his recent online declaration along with 15 rolex watches, a Bugatti, a 100 ft yacht, and the real copy of Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. It turns out the one in the Louvre is just a copy by one of his apprentices.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This:

"But if this was not enough, I had TWO separate referees explicitly telling me to stop posting on TTP and things related to Rinos or I would pay the price.

The ones with Rinos game were particularly bad because they allowed so many fouls (some deserving of red cards) and when they saw one of the Rinos officials insulting proceeded to ignore it and explicitly threaten that if things would continue to be posted there would be consequences.

One of the main points of the Campo teams is to show that the game can be approached and play in different ways and styles (i.e. different formations, different ways to keep possession), but I guess some people really are stuck in their ways and see it as dogma.
When I have referees even involved in this, it is a sign that the system does not have ethical referees. If they want Rinos and and to win; they will find a way. Unbelievable, we have some of our best players with more cards in 6 games than the entire last season. The fouls that they are allowing in our players and now direct threat an explicit threats not to post on TTP.
I am really done with this guys. It makes me sick to realize how corrupted this whole thing is."

Is Gold.

The refs from the VMSL and FVSL are often cases the same, or at least similar. On average below average. On average really dumb for doing such a thankless job, often times having to deal with players that yell and scream and threaten them on the pitch.

To think that there is actually a league initiated controversy against a particular club or team, in the VMSL, which ranks about nowhere on a worldwide scale of football, is...yeah, tin foil hat kinda stuff.

Yes, I've seen calls as bad as what you describe, even worse. It's more the norm than the exception. Welcome to a system where there is an extreme shortage of really good officials.

Just to be clear, I don't believe one word of this implied thread you've posted, simply because the refs are there for their own perverse amusement to be involved in the game. I don't get it, but the reality is, they have next to nothing to gain, and nothing to lose except personal safety when crackpots like you and your players go apeshit over decisions not going your way.

At some point I strongly urge you to get medical help.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machoman no one listens to you just so you know.

images

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are getting quite crowded at the top. Here's this week's predictions:

CCB v Rino's Vancouver SC
It was a surprise stumble by CCB at a rumoured to be reinvigorated Metropolitan last time out. Rino's though were on the business end of a 3-1 loss to their cousins the Fury and despite a shock win over high flyers Campo, it has been a season of being stuck in first gear for the Vancouver SC. A Friday night trip to Surrey is hardly the prescription, especially when you consider that their last Friday night trek out to Surrey saw them handed a 3-1 defeat by GN. CCB should cruise in this one.

Campo v GN
In a weekend devoid of a true powerhouse matchup we'll call this the MOTW. These two both came out of 2A last season and there is certainly no love lost whatsoever. GN are in a purple patch after getting back to winning ways at home against Romania, meanwhile Campo have cooled after a hot start, picking up only one point over their last 3 games including successive losses. Campo are a real enigma as you really don't know what you will get out of them on game day each week. Will it be the polished footballers who beat the vaunted Rino's Tigers? Or the lot who couldn't scrounge up a goal in a loss to Rino's Vancouver? Campo had the better of this match up in Div 2 last season, from what I recall. I'm expecting a spicy one Saturday afternoon. I'm taking GN in this one on recent form and for a measure of revenge from last season, but I will not be surprised when Campo wins...

Rino's Tigers v Metropolitan
There's seemingly something not quite right in the Tiger camp as they followed up a pair of losses and a bye week by really making things difficult against South Delta last time out. For a team with promotion aspirations they just don't seem to be finding things comfortable the way they did at the start of the season. Perhaps finding a way to win last week will have given them back the taste for it, but Metropolitan are in good form at the moment. Despite being bottom of the league Students are unbeaten in three and held league leaders CCB to a draw at the weekend. Tigers really need all three points, but with improved form and rumors of personnel returning I think there's an upset brewing here. OK maybe not an upset, but I think Metro is good for a point here.

Romania v NorVan
Romania had their good run of form snapped with a loss at GN on Friday. Now they take on NorVan who were idle last week and saw CCB fail to surpass them in the standings. Nice to see a resurgence out of Romania after a slow start, but the North Shore crew should be full value for the points in this one.

Rino's Fury v Bingers
Both teams coming off satisfying wins last time out, though especially for Bingers who had been on the other end of some close matches recently. This game could go either way as these two groups are from similar molds, but the Fury have a couple of discipline issues following their derby last weekend and I am inclined to think the Div 1 stalwarts will give the newcomers a lesson on what it takes to last at this level.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that GN only scored because the ref decided to give a PK for Gn because, campo had 3 in the key, and a second PK for roughing the passer. Otherwise it would have been a blowout.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach, if you think that referees conspire against your team which allows opponents to have advantages and win games playing against Campo, I would recommend you to send all your complaints to the BCSA REFEREE DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, they are the ones who send the list of registered and trained referees to officiate games in all leagues registered with the Provincial association. Good luck

The league was quite receptive, but maybe you are right. I should follow with BC Soccer. Those two referees are really dinosours from another era. They should not be refereeing on the VMSL. The way they allow dangerous play is completely irresponsible to the players, and they know well that they allowance of dangerous play is out of line. This is why they were so explicit about not posts. Their job is to be impartial and protect players.

I am explicitly not posting their names, but is really about time that do reflect on their actions. They should be refereeing masters or youth, but not competitive soccer. Perhaps in the past they did well, but now is time for them to retire and let the younger generation to do a better job.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are getting quite crowded at the top. Here's this week's predictions:

CCB v Rino's Vancouver SC
It was a surprise stumble by CCB at a rumoured to be reinvigorated Metropolitan last time out. Rino's though were on the business end of a 3-1 loss to their cousins the Fury and despite a shock win over high flyers Campo, it has been a season of being stuck in first gear for the Vancouver SC. A Friday night trip to Surrey is hardly the prescription, especially when you consider that their last Friday night trek out to Surrey saw them handed a 3-1 defeat by GN. CCB should cruise in this one.

Campo v GN
In a weekend devoid of a true powerhouse matchup we'll call this the MOTW. These two both came out of 2A last season and there is certainly no love lost whatsoever. GN are in a purple patch after getting back to winning ways at home against Romania, meanwhile Campo have cooled after a hot start, picking up only one point over their last 3 games including successive losses. Campo are a real enigma as you really don't know what you will get out of them on game day each week. Will it be the polished footballers who beat the vaunted Rino's Tigers? Or the lot who couldn't scrounge up a goal in a loss to Rino's Vancouver? Campo had the better of this match up in Div 2 last season, from what I recall. I'm expecting a spicy one Saturday afternoon. I'm taking GN in this one on recent form and for a measure of revenge from last season, but I will not be surprised when Campo wins...

Rino's Tigers v Metropolitan
There's seemingly something not quite right in the Tiger camp as they followed up a pair of losses and a bye week by really making things difficult against South Delta last time out. For a team with promotion aspirations they just don't seem to be finding things comfortable the way they did at the start of the season. Perhaps finding a way to win last week will have given them back the taste for it, but Metropolitan are in good form at the moment. Despite being bottom of the league Students are unbeaten in three and held league leaders CCB to a draw at the weekend. Tigers really need all three points, but with improved form and rumors of personnel returning I think there's an upset brewing here. OK maybe not an upset, but I think Metro is good for a point here.

Romania v NorVan
Romania had their good run of form snapped with a loss at GN on Friday. Now they take on NorVan who were idle last week and saw CCB fail to surpass them in the standings. Nice to see a resurgence out of Romania after a slow start, but the North Shore crew should be full value for the points in this one.

Rino's Fury v Bingers
Both teams coming off satisfying wins last time out, though especially for Bingers who had been on the other end of some close matches recently. This game could go either way as these two groups are from similar molds, but the Fury have a couple of discipline issues following their derby last weekend and I am inclined to think the Div 1 stalwarts will give the newcomers a lesson on what it takes to last at this level.

So many postings...so much to discuss...so much speculation....
I will try to address to separate the issues.

1) Campo Atletico lost the games to Bingers Army and Rinos SC due to the referee decisions. Campo dominated both teams, played better, created way more chances, and dictated the games. There is no doubt about this. I can see why Bingers Army and Rinos SC have been perennially on Division 1; they sit back and defend and they wait to capitalize on the set pieces and errors from the opposition and the referees. To each his own, but I personally do not feel good about playing this way without any creativity and complete anti-football philosophy. I rather lose than playing such dull and insipid style. As I said, if this makes them happy; good for them. But this is not my cup of tea.

We did have good referee with GN, and Campo won.

In both cases, the influence of the referees came under different circumstances. I do consider that the referee of the Bingers Army to be a very good referee, but he simply had a bad day at the office. First, it is such a pity that he disallowed such a beautiful goal.

I am still perplexed that he would blow the whistle when the ball is travelling towards the net to call a foul. We did ask him why he did it, and he said: "I simply never thought that the ball was going to get into the net".
This would have put us ahead on the score with three minutes to go. No way we would have been pressing for the winner.
Then there is the reason of giving Bingers a penalty where the Bingers players should have been wearing a bikini because he seemed to be in a pool or the beach. He completely dove, and the referee just guessed because he was on a bad angle to make a correct call.
Then there was the red card to our player. After three Bingers players chased and hacked him, our player proceeds to keep fighting for the ball as he was going down.

One of the Bingers players in an opportunistic manner extends the leg. I always thought of Bingers players as tough and rough, but oh boy... this fellow is crying and screaming like he got a leg amputated. I did talk to our player about it, and he explains that he barely brushed his leg with the leg of the other player (normal contact in soccer). As soon as his first class act is over and gets our player a red card, he stands and starts to play normally. A completely unfair red card.

This is a tight game. The Army defends well. Of course, a disallowed goal, an unfair red card, and phantom penalty is bound to help them win the game in a rather underserved manner.

As for the game with Rinos, it is really astounding how partisan and unprofessional two of the referees in that crew were. There were at lest two fouls deserving of red cards to the Rinos camp, but they simply allowed the play continue. In some cases, I had to take the players off permanently from the game. I have no doubt that this game would have been won with impartial and responsible refereeing.

For example, today Campo beat GN, which is playing better than Rinos and the Army. Without responsably and fair refereeing we would not have won the game. The referee made two very difficult decisions on penalties. He really had the guts to call a second penalty even though GN players were protesting very strongly. Very good for this young referee for standing for what is right. My experience is that most referees would just ignore the second penalty.

The point that I am trying to make is that this Division 1 is extremely tight and competitive. Referee decisions will make a difference in the outcomes of games. The teams are so even that a free kick, a card, an off-side call will likely decide a game.

If you do not think that a referee is doing his job properly or putting the safety of players in danger; you can contact the league. They do seem to listen. We got good referees this week.

Perhaps this year they have the mandate to become more strict, or perhaps the games are so tight that the referees want to keep them under control, but the number of suspensions has crippled our team.

As I discussed, in the locker room, for me it was more important that we outplayed and played better that both the Army and Rinos. They were forced to retreat on their own half. Referee errors are bound to happen and from time to time we will get biased refereeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0