Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Dec 2004/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a joke, like 'why did the chicken cross the road' type thing? Well, I'll bite. Why is Indo moving to McNair this week?

GETINTHERE18

Oct 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I just talked to Daz. He is still lurking in here and occasionally has posted on my computer. He says he is not bothered with taking the piss out of the Captain (see Nov. thread), and he actually has a lot of respect for the man, still going out and getting 90 mins in at his age . Daz was more concerned about getting his first 20 mins of the season in as a sub, after his knee injury.

Anyway....on to this week vs your lot.

GIT18

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
primos 2 - cliff ave 3

I thought cliff ave was fortunate to walk away the victors on the day. This Primos team is getting stronger each weak and this game could have easily been our break-out effort if the luck had swung in our favour. The Cliff Ave. Keeper made numerous great saves from in close to thwart our efforts. Their third goal was a cracker from 25 yards, nice goal. I think both teams can agree that the Ref was horrible. Well onto next week.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel -

From Champlain Heights to Norvan Primos............up a division but maybe not in level of play?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at all, I've been really impressed by the way the team has played the last couple of games. We really should have gotten a result vs. cliff ave...very unfortunate not too.

I've been a whore the last few seasons though :eek:...from div.1 to Prem to div.1 cat/prem to div. 2 and now back to div.1. I always want to play footie with my mates. anyways...peace.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least Champlain taught you that no matter how many times you lose you definitely deserved better and were unfortunate on the day :)

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The result will show that the game was abandonned but the Primos are prob going to get their first points of the season becuase Polonia lost their heads and forced the ref to make the call.

Pretty even game posession wise with Polonia getting a tally off of a cross at about the 20 min mark. Primos were pressing and creating chances.

And then one of the Polonia forwards got sent a through ball and I went out to challenge, he slipped it past me to my left and as I turned to chase stepped on the inside of his right foot, I believe but I may be wrong, anyways an obvious yellow card for me turns out to be a yellow to the Polonia forward (same guy who got a yellow five minutes in for beaking off to the ref, and continued to do so until this point) so the ref obviously tired to the antics gave him a second yellow instead of the deserved yellow to myself. This is when three of their other players proceed to go up to the ref and tell them that he is bullshit and his call is bullshit and everything else if f*cking bullshit. This where one of their supporters or players (not sure which) decideds to start beaking off and get the ref's attention, at this point the ref tells him to leave the field so said beaker, fires the flag at the ref, at which point the game was called.

Being down one nil and have that call against I could see but having almost the entire team blow up being up one nil and on a foul that was not hard in any way is pretty shocking.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird, We were up 1-0 within the first ten minutes and were unlucky not to have put in another 3 or 4 by that point. We had three shots in the 18 that should have been in and one chance were you miss-played the ball outside the 18 and our forward who stripped it from you missed the empty net. For you to say you were pressing and creating chances is a little bit of a stretch. A chance is not when your back line dumps it over our defenders and the ball is collected by the goalie. Pressing, is not whipping in crosses from just inside the center line and having it go out of bounds for a throw- in. Im glad you got the three points, and It seems as if your proud of getting points in the way they occured. Actually, If I was your lot I'd be happy getting points any way in which I could.

Regarding the Incident. You should have atleast been yellow carded if not sent off, considering you were pretty close to being the last man back. I know there were defenders coming back to help but they were not in the play. The referee was horrible, pathetic to say the least and that call was one of the worst I have ever seen. What are you supposed to say after a call like that. Good Call Ref. The only thing that could be said was that it was bullsh*t. The guys on your team were dumbfounded by the call as was everybody at the Park. The guy that threw the flag was in the wrong and maybe the game should have been called because of the flag throwing but to say we blew up because the foul wasnt hard is a bunch of sh*t. We were pissed off because you took down our guy as the last man back and didnt get fcuk all.

With ten men we still would have pissed on you.Your welcome for the Points.
Merry Christmas.

TA

Beckam

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo/Akal 6 Club I 0

Cliff Ave 3 Temple 2

Not sure if that was the final score. But if so Div 1 B just got a whole lot more interesting.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say, both at the top and bottom!

BTW, the excellent site is showing that game talked about earlier as ABD.

Cheers,

~Regs.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!!!

Indo/Akal 6 Club Ireland 0

Personally, I was on Christmas vacation. With Friday's rain, I KNEW all games would be cancelled, but somehow MuckNair was open and not in bad shape considering. My early Christmas vacation was reflected in my play........FRICKIN BRUTAL. Anyways, Ollywood opened the scoring, Manchild scored a great header and Amitah Bachan (sp?) scored his first two of the season, all this before half. To their credit Ireland battled for the entire ninety and had some good chances, but could not take advantage. Ollywood and Joker concluded the scoring. Now on to Christmas break.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently apprentice, if you thought you should have been up three or four then your kidding yourself bud. more likely the three or four shots you guys took were from about 25 yards out and missed by like ten feet. and on a couple of shots the ball almost went out for throw ins. You did manage to score a nice one and if Masam had taken the ball in on a break instead of trying to chip our keep, then maybe you should have had two.

As for us, we had a great chance to take the lead when our midfielder somehow got past two of your d-men in an aireol challenge only to see his break-away saved by your keeper. Then I beat your d-man on a through ball and after battling, I ended up with the ball and was on a break away but the ref called the play back due to a foul instead of playing the advantage.

It was unfortunate that the game got cancelled because it was a lovely day to play soccer. I would have personally like to have seen the match played through. Cheers.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
Big Bird, We were up 1-0 within the first ten minutes

Sorry I didn't have my watch on I was busy playing unlike yourself who obviously had the time well in hand on the sideline.

The Apprentice said:
Regarding the Incident. You should have atleast been yellow carded if not sent off, considering you were pretty close to being the last man back.

Yeah I think I said that but thanks for the confirmation.

The Apprentice said:
to say we blew up because the foul wasnt hard is a bunch of sh*t. We were pissed off because you took down our guy as the last man back and didnt get fcuk all..

no you guys reacted like I kicked him in the stones and then pissed on his head while giving the ref the finger. He got tripped up not hacked down, each deserves a different reaction. Bad calls are nothing new in this league. While as shocking as it was, and it was shocking, you guys were in a position to take points instead you guys felt like playing Santa early so its your own damn fault.

The Apprentice said:
Merry Christmas.

I couldn't agree more.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 - Cliff 3

Cliff deserves full marks for their performance on Sat. In fact the score line flattered the visitors. A Cliff defender neatly tucked a header for Temple's 1st goal into the bottom corner of his own net off a Temple cross. What made it worse, he was 12 yards out and a Temple forward was not within 20 yards of the play!

The portly guy from Cliff absolutely ripped apart the Temple left back! I thought it was JJ from a few weeks ago! ;) Another porky guy (and there are lots of em!) was steller on the left side.

This sets up an awesome showdown in the new year for promotion.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird and Machel, It was a nice to day to play Soccer, but the calibre of your team brings the whole Div.1b down a level. Not only is your team very poor with a goalie who has Cement hands but your field might be the worst in the lower mainland. Congratulations on getting the three points and good luck next year playing against the likes of the Elephant Walk and MacDonald Realty.Wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0