Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Dec 2004/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHT HAWK

Sep 29, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene's referee fee - $50

Beer on Temple's sideline - $200

What Sikh Temple must feel like after paying Dave Morris and Rick Titus $750 for a loss...Priceless :D

Somethings in soccer are for free....For everything else there's the Temple Chequebook.

Temple played Indo better in the first game you really hafta question if it was worth bringing Titus in for one game at $500. I think it took away from Temple's style and chemistry. Temple came out as if they were happy with a 0-0 tie playing a defensive 4-5-1, they seemed to create more chances in the last game with two up front. If we are looking at how much Temple wanted the game they wanted it a lot as well if they were willing to bring in one player for one game, Temple's management may have wanted the game a lot, but in the end Hardballz was right the Indo players wanted it more, they played with heart and left everything on the field.

Nighthawk in the alley...

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game yesterday with lots of atmosphere and emotion. Too bad that only one of these teams will be going up. It did appear that Temple started with a 4-5-1 and were playing for the tie. I don't think that was the right move for the coach to do, especially considering that they were playing Indo/Akal, whom has the ability to take it to a team. Good victory for Indo/Akal who wanted it more and who needed it more. Hopefully though Temple wins their remaining 4 games and Indo/Akal wins 3 and ties 1. That, according to my Albert Einstein calculations, will result in both teams being tied at the end, which will produce a 3rd and final match. Everything on the table,however, I wonder if both teams "budgeted" their finances for a 19th league game? :confused:

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Night Hawk obviously you have watched few Temple games or simply failed to realize that Temple plays every game with a 4-5-1. I agree that they did come out flat and Indo played with more intensity, it seemed that Temple was nervous and never held on to the ball. Both teams had quality chances with Temple missing a breakaway late in the first and failing to capitalize on a few chances early in the second. Indo's first two goals were scored beacuse Temple failed to clear the ball. Temple needs to win out and hope Indo drops points. Keep in mind Indo has a tough schedule ahead of them.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Formations and strategies are easily second guessed when results don't go a teams way. I think Temple used a "Why fix it, if it ain't broken" scenario.......after all hindsight is 20/20.

I'd have to agree that many of the Temple players looked nervous and out of sync. It would be extremley foolish for anyone to think the season is sealed and decided.......The season is very very long, and many things can still happen. Any team that starts to think that the division is clinched in January is naive.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I worder how that poor guy who lost his spot to Titus feels right now. Teams that do this 1. never win anything, and 2. lose all repect from the players who dedicate themselves all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0