Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's hoping more games are played this month than the past three.

February begins . . .

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't surprise me about Lobbans they will never be a premier team but are content to be a 1st div team "I was, however, a bit surprised that your lot, being "contenders" in the table, weren't playing a bit more desperate to get the win. You seemed content to hold on to the draw."Hey it's a step up from there 2nd div days!!! :D

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
common KEEPER

tell everyone how you shite the bed vs the primos...................

are you still that shellshocked?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just about.

It was a brutal reawakening to the ongoing season. Although our two starting centre backs were missing and we had to go with a bit of a make-shift defense, our real enemy was our timing. Balls were dropping and bouncing over our heads needlessly and I didn't help matters much by developing a severe case of lead feet.

Nevertheless, it should be mentioned that all 6 goals, for and against, were notched in the first half and that their second was a sh!tty OG. The first Norvan goal was a tres sweet, low bullet to the far corner. Most impressive and quite surprising considering the skills they showed the first time we played them. Just lucky, I guess. ;)

------

But what was most shocking was the brawl that occurred on the east field between Vancouver Olympics and Serbia at the tail end of their game. Surprisingly, The Excellent Site has reported the game as a 3-2 win for Serbia. I don't know what ignited the melee, but suffice to say that both full teams were going at it including a total a-hole fan from the Serbian side who came in late, running from 50-yards away, and landed a huge Bertuzzi-esque cheapshot. This guy needs to face some serious legal charges. :mad: Anyone from the Vancouver Olympics who wants to know the identity of this guy can PM me.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Keeper, I was watching the Serbia-Olympics game, and I left at half. You could just sense the tension rising, as there was alot of yapping back and forth. There was a guy on the Serb sideline, big Serbian guy wearing a red jacket, who was not playing, but kept swearing and threatening some of the Van Olympic players. I left after half...I knew I should have stayed. They say Capricorns have bad timing....my horoscope was right. :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That'd be him. Someone, please get him banned from attending anymore VMSL games.

Anyone know him? I'd post his face but I'm afraid I may suffer a Lita-Special if I do.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fifty bucks says this guy tries to kill Bill Murray sometime this week.

That, or he tosses a molotov ckoctail at what he figures to be the Zissou Society clubhouse.

War hiding behind your assumed TTP username and avatar,
-Steve Nash.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

yes I wanna see his face. He looks as the one who punched WALKS, a year or two ago. He supposed to be suspended for FIVE YEARS.

GH

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here's what came down the pipe:

DURICA Nikola Serbian White Eagles 1 2005-01-29 Indefinite ?
JOHN Tariq Vancouver Olympics 1 2005-01-29 3 Games $30
Hard to believe, after all of that, there are only two suspensions.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This looks like the same guy that attacked Walks last year. Maybe Cnorgski
Fudballer (sp) could comment.

No2

B

binger barfme

Hey conductor, you're a pylon, bet you can't name another team who has beaten every top team in Div1 A, other than Lobbans, your happy to be div 1 team, so you say. Who do you play for, doesn't matter I know we have beaten you, if we've faced you. chump.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 3:2 Wickham

Junior/Slacks - (still debating over the cooler) with the winner with almost the last kick. Patrick and Willy with the other two.

Cheers

PS Whats with Norvan playing on Monday nights ?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting only because I want to see what the other side has to say..........

I thought we were poor for the first 30 but after that we were the better team from there. Any time that you score in the last few minutes to get a result you have to figure the game should have ended in a draw, but they should have never tied it up late and we should have converted one of our chances after going up 2-1 to finiish them off.

Good luck to Wickam in the Cup,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0