Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
John, you asked for a Wickham viewpoint:

2 own goals on deflections of harmless shots and a dark one sliding past the keeper on a free kick killed us, other than that not too many chances for RUFC. I thought that Wickham's two were well deserved. We played poorly for long stretches during the middle of the game, but we were all over you for the first half hour and the last 20 minutes when we were fighting for the tie. A game we didn't deserve to win, but boy could we have used the one point that slipped away in the last second...

Tough loss for Wickham, someone has to take some points from Norvan now.

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK Filini, have you been drinking? I don't think that Vanc.Olys have a chance and thats my opinion and I guess you are entitled to yours even though I think its just wishfull thinking on your part.

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Filini, what is going on with Wickhams 7-side tourney? I hear that it is dropping in quality and that teams are now going to squamish instead.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Filini, Olympic's taking any points off Norvan would be nice, but unlikely! I'll most likely catch your game vs Deep Cove tomorrow evening. Your predictions? 2-2 would be nice... ;)

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bazza said:
OK Filini, have you been drinking? I don't think that Vanc.Olys have a chance and thats my opinion and I guess you are entitled to yours even though I think its just wishfull thinking on your part.

I heard Rene gave you guys a penalty in the 88th minute vs. Serbia.
pshhh. 1-0 against team we scored 11 goals on.
I dont know buddy.... Olympics has that fast kid up front.. if they can get him going, they might steal points from you. never say never.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bazza said:
Hey Filini, what is going on with Wickhams 7-side tourney? I hear that it is dropping in quality and that teams are now going to squamish instead.

Where did you hear that from?? Its not true. We are having the tournament, and their will be a beer garden this year..

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Filini, Olympic's taking any points off Norvan would be nice, but unlikely! I'll most likely catch your game vs Deep Cove tomorrow evening. Your predictions? 2-2 would be nice... ;)

I dont predict scores for my own team. I dont want to jinx us. Why do you want a tie from us anyways.. Its Norvan, that you need catch....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Inspector, did Stranger or Notch ever get back to you about the exhibition? I may join you at the game tonight to take some pictures of said match.

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bazza said:
Wickham's 7-A-Side is on. We stopped going to Squamish a few years ago and heard from many teams that they preferred our tournament so we now have it on the same weekend. It is smaller for sure, but no hassles getting your prize money! You'll hear more about it soon.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 5-1 DCR/Fiji...............Fiji came out very flat and went down early. It wasn't much of a game to be honest. Fiji looked very disorganized and I personally think Wickham still has alot of work to do also. They looked very shaky especially defensively. Anyways, 3 points in the bag for Wickham and still with a shot at promotion.

Hard Ballz

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC A 1 - 0 Firemen C

2 last minute game-winning goals in the last 2 weeks for United. Patty rifled the winner home left peg, top corner with about 30 seconds left to play. Firemen played 8 man back almost the entire second half and it almost worked out for them. It was a typical game where one team dominates the other but just cannot finish, only this time the deserved winner pulled through right in the end.

Cheers, mackers.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bigger Barf way to go on your tie today against PCOV, 2nd worst team in Div 1 A.Nice to see you guy's eliminate yourselves from promotion.Thought PCOV was unlucky not to get all 3 points.
bet you can't name another team who has beaten every top team in Div1 A, other than Lobbans,

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conducter, on one hand, yes we did, tie a 2nd place team. However that 2nd place team also drew against Richmond and Deep Cove. It's a funny ol' game. It seems we've generally played better against the top teams-beating them all, yet have struggled since the winter break. To say they should've won the game is a bit much! They scored on a gift when our keeper mis threw the ball to their forward when our defense had pushed forward, leaving him 1 on 1 with our keeper :rolleyes: I'd call that a freak accident if not a gift! They hit the post, but that was all. How many chances did you count that we missed? Fair enough before you start quoting-yes I said missed. They're a team that don't create many scoring chance(1 all game). And we're simply in a scoring rut at the moment, but not for the amount of opportunities :(
Like bb said; we are the only team who has beaten the top 4 teams in our group-for what it's worth :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

I'll walk us through it. Apparently, Westside played to the level of their competition. They let us take the piss out of them and limit them to one header on net. Keeper made a couple of decent saves on good chances but apparently when it comes to the 'pass-back' rule, he doesn't have a clue. Even in Guatemala, a ball that goes 50 yards in the air off a person's shin doesn't constitute a pass-back. Keeper, in Germany does that constitute a pass-back? Club I Champ slammed the winner off a MAJOR fcuk-up from an almost impossible angle. What do you think, Keeper? Did you play down to the level? Or did you just give yourself more credit than you really deserve? Think back to the last game. We dominated for major portions of the game but we fcuked up 3 times. Today, you fukced up once and were punished. Unlucky. BTW, a couple of nice clearances off the park today.

Can I assume Westside was missing a plethora of players? Obviously, you weren't in the class you thought you were coming into the game. Yes, you're ahead of us in the standings BUT you're only as good as your last game. And you were fcuking shite.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper said:
Club Ireland "A" v. WFC Rangers "A"
If Westside can play as well defensively as they did against Indo/Akal last week, they should win with confidence. If they play to level of their opposition as they sometimes do, look for a tight finish.

Perhaps you should have played to level of your opposition. You might have received at least one point that way. Come on keeps, give us a review of that keystone cops routine you call defending on the Club I goal. You did have a good view afterall.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 1 : 0 WFC Rangers A

From minute one through to ninety, we didn’t have our heads in this. It’s really disappointing considering the good outing we had last week only to sh!t the bed today.

Despite the pressure from Club I and lack of any long-term possession by the Rangers, it went zeros to half. Then mid-way through the second, your truly gifted the greens with a colossal brain-fart at the touch line leaving a free-bee from a very sharp angle. And that’s the way it stayed.

Granted I’m to blame for the goal, but really, what sort of results can a team expect when they only generate one or two chances on the opposition goal. I just hope we take this as motivation to up our intensity and play the way I know we can.

All told, the officiating didn’t really favour one side anymore than the other – a few tough calls both ways, but I was a bit disappointed to discover that Joe Striker received nothing for almost breaking my nose. I suppose that’s why he was subbed off so quickly, afterall.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, Keeper. The only thing I have to disagree with is Johnny Striker. He is actually German and I'm sure he would never do that do a fellow German on purpose. But, he does play Lacrosse at a high level. Honestly, from our angle, it looked like a fair challenge. But I've been wrong a couple of times before.

BTW, are you going to have a write-up or pictures in the Cornwall Times? I noticed a camera around the sidelines.....

Hail Hail

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3-1 City Blaze.......Temple went up 1-0 in the first half and Blaze came back in the second to tie it up. Morris bagged two in the last 10 to seal the deal. Sloppy game by Temple but I would blame the pitch also.

P.S............"YAPPER OF THE MATCH" had to go to N0.5 on City......Get a haircut!

Indo 3-1 Cliff Ave. ......Cliff Ave went up 1-0 on a pretty nice finish which Didar really didn't have a chance. Second half Walk's gave a red card to a Cliff player :rolleyes: and that changed the game. Indo was all over them while they listened to the loud chirping of the sideline fan's :rolleyes: ....great bunch of guys :D . Indo bagged a few in the last 10 to seal the deal....still a very interesting race.

P.S.............."YAPPER OF THE MATCH" .....the far sidelines.

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0