Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ax2-Y

Nov 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 for Vancouver Olympics

good even first half. Olympics score early in the second half after the ball bounced around the 18 like a plinko chip, finally being put away from just outside the 6. with 30 minutes to go one of our players gets his second yellow on a stupid foul and we go down to 10 men. we actually begin to take over the game and had several good chances to tie the game up but either missed the net from close range or put it right at the keeper. Olympics then score on a counter attack late in the game with nearly all our players pushed forward.

we are officially out of the promotion race and into the relegation battle.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
we are officially out of the promotion race and into the relegation battle.

1 Vancouver Olympics 13 11 1 1 47 10 34
2 Punjab Hurricanes 'A' 13 9 1 3 47 30 28
3 Binger's Army 12 9 0 3 28 13 27
4 NK Hrvat 13 7 1 5 25 14 22
5 Estrella de Chile 'A' 15 5 5 5 31 28 20
6 Cliff Avenue United 12 5 4 3 28 16 19
7 Sikh Temple 13 5 1 7 28 29 16
8 Sporting Club 11 1 3 7 14 48 6
9 FC Romania "A" 12 1 1 10 16 55 4
10 Metro_Ford Primo 12 1 1 10 14 35 4

What a shame, you guys seemed to be right in the thick of that promotion race.;)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too skilled to get relegated...:

Quite wrong actually. You see, it's not in your hands anymore. Even if you win your last three games you could still go down if NK or Cliff Avenue collect enough points as they have played less games than you. So, in other words, you need more than skill now. You need luck.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interestingly enough, after checking out the restructuring plan, I may have spoken too soon (what a surprise!) and you may already have luck with you. The way it appears to me, five teams in 1A look locked on for the drop, leaving four from 1B to go down (nine in total). Meaning it could pan out that the top six teams in 1B stay up. I think that is the way things stand, no? Anyone?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I forgot. Was that a hanukkah gift?

Jesus, I've been riding the bloody thing to practice off and on for the last two years and you're just noticing now? Why is it they call you the Watcher again? Thank jew for asking though. Now if you'll excuse me, I have allah't of things to do here at work.

Hmmm, I suppose a play-off between the two sixth place teams would be the most fair way to do things. Bit of incentive for Sikh Temple to play for in their last five games. The great escape...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depoyato happy Nw Year. Watcher is just joking. He needs a ten speed for nex five years or he will be playing on upper scale Over forty.
There is no luck. You are as good as the team you have. Watcher is OK but can not drop any points. Cliff is in tough. Chile is going to clime up.
Who would say that clifff would be sliding. Coaching is good there. Gio needs to forget friends and work on winning.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depoyato happy Nw Year. Watcher is just joking. He needs a ten speed for nex five years or he will be playing on upper scale Over forty.
There is no luck. You are as good as the team you have. Watcher is OK but can not drop any points. Cliff is in tough. Chile is going to clime up.
Who would say that clifff would be sliding. Coaching is good there. Gio needs to forget friends and work on winning.

yup

Attachments

• jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg
    jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher give us you scores for next week games. I was correct on Vancouver Olympics.
Good win for them. They are for real this year. Good side well coached.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff vs Hrvat with the Chile vs Sporting / Sikh vs Romania matches having a direct impact on that score..aaaaaaand Olympics vs Punjabs to top it all off...another exciting weekend for the standings!!

Cliff with their backs up against the wall, even with less games played, a Chile win and a Cliff loss puts the world on Cliff's shoulders while putting Hrvat into the safe zone...adding insult to injury, Sikh has a far less complicated match against Romania...not to put added onus on the Cliff guys, but man, a loss would be absolutely devastating for this team, *should* Chile and Sikh get 3 points. Cliff vs Hrvat is the game of the week in my mind, this game should be a war!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful Decent there will be no war. Nk and Cliff are close friends. It should be a good game. Nk can pull it off maybe two to one. As far as Chile they are better each game. Every since the B cup in Richmond Chile is nothing but improving. At the start Cliff head tuns of good players. I go watch the games. Thier side has changed alot. Sometimes you add better player but the flow of the game is not there.

Ax2-Y

Nov 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United took the early lead at the 7th minute mark when young Joseph Martin made a great run down the right flank, beat a couple of flat-footed Delta defenders, and placed an excellent low cross onto the path of newly-signed Andrew Proctor who made no mistake in scoring what proved to be the winning goal from close range.
you're right, mr.base, our team has changed... :'(

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful Decent there will be no war. Nk and Cliff are close friends. It should be a good game. Nk can pull it off maybe two to one. As far as Chile they are better each game. Every since the B cup in Richmond Chile is nothing but improving. At the start Cliff head tuns of good players. I go watch the games. Thier side has changed alot. Sometimes you add better player but the flow of the game is not there.

You are right in your assessment of Chile we played them in a Cat A game last night
probably more than half were on Div 1 B . I assume they do not train just play wed night Cat games they need hard running in practice to achieve a higher level of success
as they all possess tremendous skills.

Chilean Superstar

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right in your assessment of Chile we played them in a Cat A game last night
probably more than half were on Div 1 B . I assume they do not train just play wed night Cat games they need hard running in practice to achieve a higher level of success
as they all possess tremendous skills.
Relax buddy we only had 3 div 1B Players plus our goalie playing as a center forward! It wasn't more than half of the team as you state.

And your other assumption is also WRONG, team trains twice a week and only send down 3 or 4 guys to the CAT team every weekend. If we would have had more than half of our DIV1B team the score would have been alot more than 1-0 believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0