Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
way to go Duece
I was going to pay my tab off with Aidso that way but you shat the bed on that didn't U

well I got nothing witty to say and I not that funny anyways
Now get your mind off Burning me and on the game againest
Club I .. we need the three points lads and it's not worth boasting score's when your middle of the pack

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 6 - Sarajevo 0

0-0 after 40 minutes... then 2 quick ones before half. They didnt show up for the last 45.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slaughter at Kensington.........

City FC Blaze 6 - FK Sarajevo 0

We put the boots to the lads at Kensington today.:rolleyes:

FK got a little hot under the collar and Rene did his thing.....not sure what the final card count was but there was sure a lot of yellow flying........:eek:

Onto Westside next Sunday - huge game for both sides - can't wait!!!!

Donald Kambre with the 'trick, C-Mac with two and the Xianger with a solo tally

4ST OUT:bronco: :bronco:

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2- Club I 2

A bit of a disappointment for the local derby. Ultimatety, a non-biased spectator might say that Club I may have had more of the play/possession. Which, I might say was true, but only to a point. It could be fairly safe to say that the scoring chances may have been fairly equal.

A lot of yellows, but the ref did do a decent job (relative to the other shite that is out there) considering the emotional stakes up for grab. A fairt guess would be 10 yellows? However, to be up a goal twice, only to choke and let the oppostition back in it was shocking. To be up once and choke...maybe acceptable, but twice...not acceptable.

Regardless, if there was a tie-breaker, RUFC definately won by out-drinking the hoops...they cleared out around 5:30, we crawled away about 7PM.

Until next time,

Klaus

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely agree with Klaus with the tie-breaker. I was leaving the Cambie Community Center at 5:35 with my daughters and the RU boys were still going strong. :thumbsup:.......Club I has tendency to leave to go indoors because it is too cold outside? :confused: Now I think I know why I play Over-35s with the RUnited crew. :D

Can't comment on the game but from what I heard.....a draw was a fair result.....

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2 - 2 Club I

I think the draw was a fair result on the day. The ref was good as he was forced to give out the cautions as tackles became reckless.

I think Club I had better final third possesion and were able to create more on a some good flank work and crosses into the RUFC box but they had no answer for the pace of Rota up front. In fact, it took until the final 15 minutes for them to actually change up how they defended him.

A lot of the quality Irish first half chances were a result of set pieces being slung into the RUFC box that should have been converted. It should also be noted that Club I Chump was dangerour all game long and was there Man of the Match by far.

The overall game itself wasn't great but to see the battles and intensity on the park was entertaining. To illustrate what this game means to both teams, Animal left his expecting wife in the hospital, just the make sure he didin't miss this game:D

Can't wait for the rematch...........

Oh and to hear exactly what happened on the RUFC's first goal:cool:

~P~

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
...I think we are practicing tonight shooting on an open net with a giant pylon between the pipes...........you know, game like situations!
Ouch! Not sure where this one comes from JP?!?! I know I'm getting older, and as my team mates would agree, I've lost some mobility since my back and hips were fcuked up in a major car accident two years ago, but when you love the game, you just can't give it up I suppose.

Outside of this, sorry not to give you the satisfaction of a pre-game retort, as I've only just caught up with all the posts this evening! Seeing that I haven't seen or played against you in over, what, 7-10 years? But I really shouldn't be surprised given the dignity and class that you RUFC 'old boys' carry yourselves in.:eek:

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2-2 Idiots

A fair result at the end of the day, as both teams played an entertaining match full of passion. We had the better chances in the early minutes of the game, but once things settled down, both teams dug in their heels for a battle, and I believe most observers would agree that each player left everything on the pitch. Regardless of early chances for ourselves, yours truly gifted the Idiots their opener on a straightforward shot that skipped off the grass right in front of me and somehow managed to squirt under me, leaving the ball sitting their with an open net for the RUFC striker, who smartly followed his shot...Burnro/RUFC 1-0 Club I. Regardless of the mistake, my boys in front of me kept their heads up and quickly went straight back at RUFC, creating several decent chances. Just before the half, a quick throw-in and some great work by JL, left Henni in enough space to collect the ball and drive a beauty that curved away from Cowan and just inside the near post...half-time 1-1.

As a couple of the lads above have already described, the second half was more or less under our control, but out and out goalscoring opportunities were about equal. RUFC took the 2-1 lead off a counterattack, ending with a great strike from about 18yds that bounced off the far post and in. Credit to our boys as we immediately bounced back and bombarded RUFC with pressure, which eventually paid off in a goal-mouth scramble that saw Henni put away his second.

As said, fair result and leaves both squads looking forward to the rematch, with bragging rights still up for grabs. RUFC appear a much improved squad from the early weeks of the season; this no doubt helped by the 3 experienced additions from Firemen.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klaus said:
Regardless, if there was a tie-breaker, RUFC definately won by out-drinking the hoops...they cleared out around 5:30, we crawled away about 7PM.Klaus
I can honestly say that we would have still been around with you guys until 7pm had a certain someone not brought a mini cooler!!!:eek: As soon as our cooler was empty, the lads carried on the festivities and consumption over at Sportstown. We'll definitley have a bigger cooler or two for the rematch!

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from the Sunshine Coast. Too bad to miss what sounds like a classic Hoops/Idiots derby game.

Also too bad that the back up beer man didn't ask to borrow My cooler.It is a rare occasion that we leave a park before the opposition. Pehaps though,the Idiots were slower drinkers.

Looking forward to 3 points and a proper cooler at the re-match.

Sidewinder.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
But I really shouldn't be surprised given the dignity and class that you RUFC 'old boys' carry yourselves in.:eek:

Burnro...............Just a little TTP that is all. With the bum knee this year all I have is this to get my jabs (kicks) in:D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
The overall game itself wasn't great but to see the battles and intensity on the park was entertaining. To illustrate what this game means to both teams, Animal left his expecting wife in the hospital, just the make sure he didn't miss this game:D

Yesterdays game was my first ever CI/RU Winter Season Derby and I thought that any neutral out watching the game would have been entertained no doubt. Both sidelines had great representation which added to the atmosphere. The competition, the tackles and the tempo of play we're all high intensity, which was brilliant. And as mentioned before, both squads left it all out on the pitch, or in Animals case, the hospital:D

IMO both RU goals were gifts, as we switched off defensively at the wrong time, and rightly so got punished for it. Credit to Rota upfront who had pace all game long and did very well on his second goal.

Our first goal was well worked, from a throw-in on the right side, held up, played across and then slotted nicely. Our second was a pure mucker goal that even Meralomas would of been proud of.

Both squads on the day knew they gifted the other team a goal, and probably felt like they could/should have gone on and won the game.

Quote of the game is a toss up, either Kippax yelling at the referee from 2 feet "That's a red card, he's done" or the daft bird on RU's sideline afterward with the classic "You suck # 10":rolleyes:

Onto Royal United...

CICwhocantbeleivehemissedintheopening5minutes:(

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
Burnro...............Just a little TTP that is all. With the bum knee this year all I have is this to get my jabs (kicks) in:D
Fair enough JP! Hopefully you'll be healthy for the rematch.

Cheers,

Burnro

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I'm not enjoying this fantastic banter about which team has more alcoholics than the other...

but I'd like to announce that animal's wife had a baby boy yesterday... congrats big man!!!!

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats. to Mr and Mrs Animal.

Was he born before,during or after the game?

Hopefully Animal wasn't one of the gang that stayed at K.G. until 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0