Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Second Half - Results and Banter 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manana's game will be a good one with Dino's solid crew, as a bonus he gets to watch his two favourite teams in one game:cool: Just teasing Dino, you know we love ya! This ones for a little piece of mind, should be a dandy.

For the cup draw, all I can say is, well, nothing, Robert has "the book" on us ;) lol lets hope he doesnt forget his flags, I'll bring my dolly and after the game I can lend it to him so picking up the field equipment is easier.

I hope I get to ref this one. :D :)

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well played game at Memorial, all I can say is the Olympics and Dino are a classy bunch. Hard fought game that could have gone either way. Dino had his crew ready to play and our guys were very rusty due to the two week layoff. It really could have gone either way in the first half as both sides traded chances with Chile's counter attacks looking a little more dangerous but Dino's building plays a little better. The Chile defense (Which has been questioned OVER AND OVER) held it's own and kept the team in it until a free kick by Illia makes Dino's squad pay. Chile up 1-0 at half. Second half was really a back and forth affair until Habil makes it 2-0 on a sweet set up between Illia, Ray and Meemo which ends up in the back of Oly's net. After that, Dino's boys really started making their presence felt and pushed Chile to a defend and counter stance where odd man opps where not taken advantage by the Chile fwd as the D kept Oly's chances to the permiter until Olys finally break through on a mistimed takle that Oly's put in the back of the net with about 20 to go. The game finishes with furious pace as Dino's boys pressed for the equliazer and Chile continued to squander odd man counters. Overall a very entertaining game, Miro did a fantastic job and let the teams sort it out. Some jerks who set up shop behind the south net were heckling olympics goalie and made a mockery of the game which made for some unpleasent moments, apparently it's cool to sit in the bushes and yap when nobody can see you. Other than that, it was a very good game and one we are very proud of winning against a team that has shown very few weaknesses all year. Over and out, PD....ps, I am not angry anymore...yes, it is because we get to play Rino's again and paybacks can be a bitch.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not angry anymore...yes, it is because we get to play Rino's again and paybacks can be a bitch.

Congrats PD on the big win, kept promotion in your own hands, just need to win out and you're up.

So do you rest players in the upcoming cup tie or risk cards and injuries? :) (that wasn't a threat by the way)

Bingers up first for us though, fun one to get back in the swing of things

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manana's game will be a good one with Dino's solid crew, as a bonus he gets to watch his two favourite teams in one game:cool: Just teasing Dino, you know we love ya! This ones for a little piece of mind, should be a dandy.

For the cup draw, all I can say is, well, nothing, Robert has "the book" on us ;) lol lets hope he doesnt forget his flags, I'll bring my dolly and after the game I can lend it to him so picking up the field equipment is easier.

The only book i have gives me a direct line to the Soccer Gods.
But a little help on the way from my friend that owns West Ham

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Chile for their great win over Delta on the weekend. I wish I had been there to see that. You gotta love it whenever a Div. 1 team sticks it to a premiere side. Also apologies to PD for my earlier forecast suggesting they didn't have the defense or the composure to go through. The table always tells the tale and I certainly didn't get this one right.

All the best in premiere next year PD and good luck in the next round of the Imperial Cup.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Chile for their great win over Delta on the weekend. I wish I had been there to see that. You gotta love it whenever a Div. 1 team sticks it to a premiere side. Also apologies to PD for my earlier forecast suggesting they didn't have the defense or the composure to go through. The table always tells the tale and I certainly didn't get this one right.

All the best in premiere next year PD and good luck in the next round of the Imperial Cup.

All water under the bridge from my POV, and although it was a huge win for our side, we still have games to play and teams with nothing to lose to in front of us, promotion won't be achieved until it's achived, we learned our lesssons last year and we are not taking anything for granted.

Takes real balls to come on the forum and call yourself out like that RickG, nothing but respect. ...On to Newton Athletic tomorrow for the biggest game in Estrella's existance, we will do our best to compete with what is IN MY opinion the best there is in Peg, we feel priviliged to be able to match our side against the very best in BC. Over & out...PD

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I herd you played a very good game Good luck in the next round

Thanks RF, i hope there is no bad blood between our sides, I guess we all take ourselves too seriously sometimes...pd...please tell Dezza I am still willing to give him some tips on flag and equipment pickup any time he wishes. j/k pd

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army 3 -2 Richmond Olympics. Army hold onto to squeek out the win which all but sends the Richmond club down to Div 2, which is a big suprise as they are not Div 2 calibre. Both NK and Richmond have hard games left so it will be an exciting finish. Richmond has Lobbans, Chile, Van Olympics and have to finish a game vs TSA Royals. NK has Army and Chile remaining. Whos your money on going down?

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army 3 -2 Richmond Olympics. Army hold onto to squeek out the win which all but sends the Richmond club down to Div 2, which is a big suprise as they are not Div 2 calibre. Both NK and Richmond have hard games left so it will be an exciting finish. Richmond has Lobbans, Chile, Van Olympics and have to finish a game vs TSA Royals. NK has Army and Chile remaining. Whos your money on going down?

Richmond and Chile have already squared off twice Critter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0