Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] September & October 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] September 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Surprised you weren't at the O'35 game

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surprised you weren't at the O'35 game

I'm not even signed.............so there was no chance I could get a match. Besides someone had to get the corner flags out. I will see you at 2:00 tomorrow, Kippax. :)

sidhu4life

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

i thought there was 4 left-backs, one of the boyz thought there was some kind of audible goin on. They signals were probably gettin crossed up, it was a lil bit chilly last night.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow looks like Bingers dropped points to the only team in the group who had yet to pick up a point.
1 ‘A’ Green Devils FC "A" Binger's Army Kensington Park North 1-1. Any report on the game?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

i thought there was 4 left-backs, one of the boyz thought there was some kind of audible goin on. They signals were probably gettin crossed up, it was a lil bit chilly last night.

:D

Definitely some kind of audible.......and it obviously sent the Olympics for a bit of a loop.........and the ICSTPeg coaches and players.

Bingers tied with the Green Devils? Wow.

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal FC 2- Westside 0

Akal scoring around the 25th minute on a cross that was deflected over the keeper to give Akal the lead. Westside, mainly tried to played the long ball over the Akal's backline after they would nicely build it up out of the back. Akal then scored on a breakway after a poor turnover by the Westside sweeper and Akal was up 2-nil going into halftime. The second half was lacking excitement as Westside continued tried getting balls in the air to their front-runners but found no sucess as the Akal backline handled the pressure quite well.

Huge win for Akal in the standings and for their morale after a spanking last week; on to Olympics next week which should be another tough game

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Lobbans 2

A loss really. Randy Samuel has them playing quality "Canadian National Team Style" soccer. 1 - 0 at half and then a bad PK ties it with 25 to go. We score 1 minute later off a corner. They tie it with 15 to go off a corner as well.
One player man marked our right winger all game. Never once did he look at the game being played around him - just stared at Kyle and stayed within 3 yards of him everywhere he went. If that is what Canadian soccer produces to coach our young players, then we will never make the WC.:mad:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Lobbans 2

A loss really. Randy Samuel has them playing quality "Canadian National Team Style" soccer. 1 - 0 at half and then a bad PK ties it with 25 to go. We score 1 minute later off a corner. They tie it with 15 to go off a corner as well.
One player man marked our right winger all game. Never once did he look at the game being played around him - just stared at Kyle and stayed within 3 yards of him everywhere he went. If that is what Canadian soccer produces to coach our young players, then we will never make the WC.:mad:

WAB, it sounds like your man Kyle was being man-marked out of the game, which is fairly common at all levels of various sports (i.e. Ron Putzi, Richmond Colts basketball). Were you expecting Lobbans to let him run free all game? You know, if our MNT was better with their man-marking, we wouldn't be looking at an f'n meaningless game against Mexico tomorrow in Edmonton.

This is actually what used to be somewhat decent about Canadian sides back in the day when Randy was a player...we defended reasonably well...and oh yeah, no one could beat our best in a 12 minute run around a track in our adidas joggers. But then came the onslaught of private coaches, academies, and "year round camps" etc., who all wanted to focus 100% on making Canadians more skilful, cuz that would surely solve the problem. Too bad we are light years behind everyone else who matters in this regard...that plus no one apparently addressed our tactics and we put our biggest attribute on the backburner.

So Mitchell will be gassed by the end of the week...and back to square one we go.

And hopefully back to premier go Sapperton (back on topic)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, it sounds like your man Kyle was being man-marked out of the game, which is fairly common at all levels of various sports (i.e. Ron Putzi, Richmond Colts basketball). Were you expecting Lobbans to let him run free all game? You know, if our MNT was better with their man-marking, we wouldn't be looking at an f'n meaningless game against Mexico tomorrow in Edmonton.

This is actually what used to be somewhat decent about Canadian sides back in the day when Randy was a player...we defended reasonably well...and oh yeah, no one could beat our best in a 12 minute run around a track in our adidas joggers. But then came the onslaught of private coaches, academies, and "year round camps" etc., who all wanted to focus 100% on making Canadians more skilful, cuz that would surely solve the problem. Too bad we are light years behind everyone else who matters in this regard...that plus no one apparently addressed our tactics and we put our biggest attribute on the backburner.

So Mitchell will be gassed by the end of the week...and back to square one we go.

And hopefully back to premier go Sapperton (back on topic)

Let's go Sharks. :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Lobbans 2

is this the same post you wrote when you tied Delta 1-1 last year at your park?

just wondering...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's hilarious. I guess you always run into the same situation when you play against a Randy S. team. When you get a lemon, make lemonade - and that is what Randy has done. Kick and run and hope for the best.

CS, even with the box-and-one being implemented Kyle scored the 1st goal and set up the 2nd.

Canada Senior Soccer Coaching Program List
1.Only use players that made the U12 Provincial teams and have hidden in the system ever since
2. Use "Basic Training" tactics and break their spirits and creativity
3. Run the crap out of them so they're super fit (get a Petro Can sponsored commercial showing the team running over hills and losing the ball while dribbling)
4. Make "Not to lose" game plan
5. Run them some more
6. Show them what a soccer ball looks like 1 hour before game
7. Stand in awe as Jamaica pumps 5 past your team
8. Find new job.

I'm not the answer; I never would or could be, but I've seen enough soccer coaching in Italy in 2 weeks that opened up my Canadian eyes. - like you said, tactics is one...on O and D.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's hilarious. I guess you always run into the same situation when you play against a Randy S. team. When you get a lemon, make lemonade - and that is what Randy has done. Kick and run and hope for the best.

CS, even with the box-and-one being implemented Kyle scored the 1st goal and set up the 2nd.

Canada Senior Soccer Coaching Program List
1.Only use players that made the U12 Provincial teams and have hidden in the system ever since
2. Use "Basic Training" tactics and break their spirits and creativity
3. Run the crap out of them so they're super fit (get a Petro Can sponsored commercial showing the team running over hills and losing the ball while dribbling)
4. Make "Not to lose" game plan
5. Run them some more
6. Show them what a soccer ball looks like 1 hour before game
7. Stand in awe as Jamaica pumps 5 past your team
8. Find new job.

I'm not the answer; I never would or could be, but I've seen enough soccer coaching in Italy in 2 weeks that opened up my Canadian eyes. - like you said, tactics is one...on O and D.

WAB, how did I get dragged into this? :D That was Reedie and SixFyv. :)

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi captain, I know you have problems sleeping. Did you wake up next to the llama and think it was a dream? Saltspring has a llama farm if you have an urge.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 0 - 0 Green Devils

And for those of you keeping track at home: yes, that is four (4) games in a row without a goal for Westside. Anyone know what the VMSL record is for fewest goals in a season? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0