Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1A] Who will win the group?

Who will win group A and play in the promotion playoff?

• Serbian White Eagles

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Westside Rino

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Code:
# Team 	 	 	GP 	W 	T 	L 	GF 	GA 	PTS 	
1 Serbian White Eagles 	14 	9 	5 	0 	38 	14 	32 			
2 Westside FC Rino 'A' 	14 	9 	2 	3 	32 	13 	29
3 Pegasus FC 	 	14 	8 	4 	2 	41 	15 	28

Remaining Fixtures:
Serbia - Wickham, Peg, Fury, Wickham
Westside Rino - Romania, Sikh, Akal, Peg
Pegasus - Fury, Serbia, Primo, Westside

Since the conversation seemed to be heading in this direction, I figured I might as well take advantage of my new found ability to make a poll (thanks Regs!)

Happy Holidays!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't matter as whoever wins will be slaughtered by the Hurricanes......I know that's no great revelation......

I just think it sucks (and I know the Div 1 teams agree) that winning your division doesn't equate to promotion.

Imagine running the table and having one crap playoff game - doesn't seem fair to me but I do like the "overall picture" of reducing the premier division to 12 teams.

Quite happy we (Delta) made the jump to the big show last year. You see how competitive both Delta and Westside are and it's clear that the gap between the better Div 1 teams and the premier squads really is closing.....

Just my two bits....

4ST OUT!!!!!:bronco::bronco:
lookingforwardtoplayingagaininseptember

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not agree that Premier should be cut down to 12 teams. 14 team Premier is still very competitive. An example is AFC, who started slow, but now is beating many teams.

What needs to be done is to get rid of these divisions A and B, both from Premier and Div 1. All the teams in Premier play against eachother twice and that is it. Two bottom teams go down.

Cut down Div 1 from 20 teams to 12 teams. Two teams get promoted, while two teams from Premier go down. This is fair.

You made a good point. Whoever wins Div 1A or Div 1B - does not mean they will end up in Premier. This is bullshit! We all know that the hardest thing to do is to get promoted. Whoever wins these two division should play in Premier next year.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Premier League should be cut down to 10 teams, the CAT League should be nuked + never spoken of again, and the first division should also be cut back to 10 teams. The top 2 come up from Div 1, the bottom 2 from Premier come down. All the others can scrap it out in Div 2 and 3. The level of play in the Premier League and Div 1 would improve dramatically.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoever wins Div 1A or Div 1B - does not mean they will end up in Premier. This is bullshit! We all know that the hardest thing to do is to get promoted. Whoever wins these two division should play in Premier next year.

This was all discussed and voted on last summer by all the teams in the vmsl.

That was the time to complain and bitch about it not now.

They should go to 10 teams divisions fron the top on down as far as i am concerned. If there is 7 divisions so be it.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with 10 teams per division all the way down, except that it will completely screw new teams entering the league. Who the hell wants to spend 3-4 years pumping teams 10-0 on a weekly basis in the bottom divisions?

There needs to be a way to give new teams a chance to play at a competitive level within the first couple of years...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let teams sell spots officially?

i don't disagree but how do you to do it.

maybe have 2 20 team bottom levels. 2 years to get into the top half of the league structure

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 teams per divison is wayyyy to little... you need at least 12 -14 teams . ideally the vmsl premier should have 12 teams (2 relegated).....
div 1 with 18 teams (2 go up and 3 go down) ....
div 2 with 3 groups (1 go up in each group and 1 in each group go down )
div 3 with 3 groups (1 go up in each group )

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is 10 teams too little?

It makes sense that you want the top leagues super competetive and a 10 team league does that. An 18 team league is unworkable unless you play everyone once nd that is never a good thing.

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 teams works well if you like the current NHL sched where you see the same ba$tards over and over. Think about the fans Blaze Army! We want to see new and exciting teams like Polonia, Hurricanes and Olympics! Enough of Westside, Primo and Peg! We pay good money for our seats! What? Fan attendance at VMSL games is free?? WTF? Azzi and Tremarco have been telling me it's $30.00 a week! Those ba$tards!

All kidding aside, I am all for making Premier and Div.1 more elite and exclusive. Let the plumbers and chumps bust each other up in Div 2 and 3 and reserve the upper Divs for actual soccer teams who have sponsorship beyond Uncle Toni's $200 cheque, dedicated players who don't skip practice because the Canucks are playing and above all a roster that doesn't pull a Florida Marlins and change every year, sometimes twice.

Also, all teams should have at least 1-2 designated TTP contributors. You know, voice the opinions, stir the $h!t pot etc.

Lastly, for the love of all that is good and holy, will the league Admins PLEASE update our weak a$$ website??? Darude-Sandstorm? Kilnsmann? Zizou in Juve stripes? Davor effing Suker??? VMSL IN MOUSEPAINT???????

Merry Christmas All!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every few months this discussion comes up again and everyone jumps in...so in that spirit, look at the VISL. 10 teams per division all the way down. Do it. Divisional parity. Simple.

Would suck for the first couple years as a current div 2 team may be put down to div 4 or 5 but ultimately all teams will rise/fall and settle where they deserve to be on ability. The shortsightedness of not going to this structure is mind-boggling.

The biggest issue, as already pointed out, is new teams taking years to get up to the top. There must be a way in to the league by buying a spot or some other league-approved means.

I agree that the focus should be making the top tier the best it can be BUT on the flip side, for all of the mediocre/poor teams out there looking for a league...they could now play in the VMSL division 6 (or whatever) and play against other teams of their calibre. Right now these sh*tty teams come into the league and go into div 3 (up until this year div 2) and get kicked around all day long. Again, divisional parity...parity amongst great teams in Premier and parity amongst recreational (poor) teams at the lower divisions.

srbijaneagle

Oct 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
serbia 3-1 over wickham
first half horrible play by serbia
but 3 goals in the second made up for it
and the weather was pretty crazy makin the field look white like an ice rink

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
burnaby pulled one out i guess...
kind of a bit of a shock maybe? 1-1 with primo
got the point to put us almost out of relegation

whats everyones predictions for this weekends games?

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo FC: Good team, bad coaching. Their system is above their playing roster. Playing that way when you have no bona fide scoring is a bit like gambling with rent money: sometimes you get screwed. I don't know why they don't play a nice, clean 4-4-2. We (Serbian) took advantage of the defensive weakness when we played them but didn't always finish. They have some real talent and heart but ultimately if you can't score it's tough to win.

My Predictions for the weekend are simple:

Akal vs BBY Fury

Akal wins in Whalley. After the game their fans wander onto the pitch in their drunkenness and punch out a few players.

BBY Canadians vs Romania

Romania wins a hard fought battle based on superior skill

Pegasus vs Serbian

Serbian wins, of course, and shows at last who your daddy is in Div 1A

Wickham vs Primo

A tie...big surprise.

Westside vs Sikh

Sikh gets demolished by at least 4 goals.

srbijaneagle

Oct 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the bottom team of both side gets automatically relegated and the 2nd last team on both sides play a playoff to see who stays i think its the same in premier

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think this year it is 3 down from premier and 1 up from div 1
2 up from div 2 and 4 down due to the shrinking of premier side.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't the bottom 2 on both sides get relegated?

If so you still got lots of work to do to get ahead of wickham.

Actually Blaze Army, we are tied with them now in points so we dont have lots of work to get ahead of wickham, and our next 3 games we play romania, sikh and wickham.

Its all going to come down to our last game against wickham. Its going to be a game to see how doesnt get relegated. Its going to be the bottom two teams in both divisions that get relegated.

But good luck to all the teams this weekend to finish off this season.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well...
Looks like Burnaby shocked once again. Burnaby with the convincing 5-1 victory over Romania. I can officially say we are now out of relegation.

How were everyone elses games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0