Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gona need more then 6 points to get out of div 1.

You need to start somewhere though right BFA? 6 points would be a solid base from which to start at. I know the likes of you and Klaus won't agree with my assessment but it was worth a go.

I see Klaus lurking, so I can only assume with his dancing at the pub late Friday night, he'll be ready to play this weekend? If the weather holds that is.. :(

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing? Don't tell Kippax, as I've been told numerous times to curtail my visits to the pub. It was a Xmas work party gone bad...O'Hare's @ 3:30 with colleagues...shut it down and keep going. Why? Oh yeah, I'll be playing...if I don't sprain an ankle doing the electric slide at some pub;)

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it says "bite me" on the sleeve aswell. Not sure what that nonsense is about :confused:

Wow it looks like they have cartoonish yellow pubes crawling up their front side:wa:...weird uni fellas, gotta do something about that. This isn't Euro League hockey!:D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be playing...if I don't sprain an ankle doing the electric slide at some pub;)

Well there is some good news.

You just might be dancing on the turf this afternoon, it'll be rather slippery. I'm curious as to how many goals your going to score today? Same goes for the Baby Faced Assassin, how many I wonder?

It's the last weekend of the year with 4 games being played. On Sunday Cliff Ave play, and will lose to Polonia out at BBY Lake Turf. 3-1 final. Polonia are trying to get into the top half of the table, as our CA. CA losing will cause them to slip even closer to the relegation battling teams with 6 odd games to go.

Lobbans vs Sarajevo could be a bit of an ugly match out at Hastings Bowl. Fiji , lucky enough to escape from a Club I betting this weekend will be hoping for a Lobbans win in order to drag Sarajevo even deeper into the relegation scrap. Lobbans should take it, 2-1.

RUFC vs Mingers Army will be similar to the above mentioned game. Only difference is this game is on turf. Bingers are trying to separate themselves from the middle of the pack, while RU is trying to get move up to the upper half of the table. RUFC playing at home should give them a slight advantage, but Bingers always hustle and battle in every game against every opponent and today will be no different. Who ever plays like they want it more will take the 3 points. A little for me to call, so I'll go with a neutrals position, a draw. :)

Punjabs and Van Olys played last night, 1-1 the final result, anyone with a game report?

CICwhowillenjoythemonthlayoff

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I told you that Smart Coach is bad luck and RUFC will probably win against you since they god rid of dead weight.

#18 got a game in 2cat last night. made a few late tackles practicing for the sarajevo match after the xmas break . Thanks Sidewinder for the coaching i will use your tips in the next div 1 game.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for dropping down to the cat team last night #18.

Too bad we lost to those West Side wankers[oops, I mean,. gentlemen]

Nice to play against a side that dosen't whine all night. They scored a decent goal to win.

Hope their injured player is o.k.

Apologies for putting this on the div.1 thread but it is the most appropiate place.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
INSPECTOR;

what is this 1-0 forfeit nonsense???

Did the immigration dept. come to the field and take British Bulldog and his buddies away??

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
INSPECTOR;

what is this 1-0 forfeit nonsense???

Did the immigration dept. come to the field and take British Bulldog and his buddies away??

We showed up with a full squad, lined the field, nets up etc, only to have them show up with 6players :confused: They tried telling the ref the field wasn't playable, and when that didn't work they said that 6 of their players were stuck in traffic due to an accident:rolleyes:

Too bad really as we had a full line up out, and the conditions couldn't have been better.

Anyways SW, all the best and Happy Christmas.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector;

Points are points and 3 freebies should keep you out of harms way. Good luck to you guys.
Seems like Sarajevo are digging their own grave.

A happy Christmas to you and your family too Inspector

Sidewinder

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 Bingers 1

A fair result out at Minoru last night. Slow start for both teams but 20 minutes in Bingers capitalize on a careless giveaway in the final 3rd and get punished for it with a great header, RU keeper had no chance, 1-nil. Remainder of the half sees both squads create a few half chances, 1-nil at half. Second half sees RU make a couple of changes that works out well for them especially going forward. At the hour mark they earn a free kick which is capitalized on to draw level, Animal with the killer strike ;) Play of the game happens with about 20 to go. Baby Faced Assassin pulls back on the jersey of a Bingers midfielder breaking through on goal at the top of the box. The ref only gives a yellow and the ensuing free kick is wasted. From then on, it seemed IMO that both squads were happy to just play out the remaining minutes and settle for a point each. At the end of the day, neither squad did enough too truly deserve all 3 points.

On a side note the ref did well for the entire 90 minutes, doing his best to try and allow the game to flow and wasn't interested in just throwing out cards.

I'm a little surprised to see the forfeit result between Lobbans and Sarajevo. As Sidewinder said, Sarajevo are digging themselves into quite a relegation bound hole. Fiji now 3 points back with a game in hand. It will be a tight finish to see who gets automatic relegation and who will be in the relegation game against the Div 1A 9th place team. I don't see a result yet for the CA vs Polonia game, but if CA were to lose, they would be dragged right into the mix at the bottom of the table. I wonder if they managed to score today? :D

CICwishingforabetterrunofforminthenewyear

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC,
i thought i heard that the bottom two teams of Div 1A and Div 1B both get relegated
i didnt hear about a relegation game against eachother?
Can you expand on this?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 Bingers 1

A fair result out at Minoru last night. Slow start for both teams but 20 minutes in Bingers capitalize on a careless giveaway in the final 3rd and get punished for it with a great header, RU keeper had no chance, 1-nil. Remainder of the half sees both squads create a few half chances, 1-nil at half. Second half sees RU make a couple of changes that works out well for them especially going forward. At the hour mark they earn a free kick which is capitalized on to draw level, Animal with the killer strike ;) Play of the game happens with about 20 to go. Baby Faced Assassin pulls back on the jersey of a Bingers midfielder breaking through on goal at the top of the box. The ref only gives a yellow and the ensuing free kick is wasted. From then on, it seemed IMO that both squads were happy to just play out the remaining minutes and settle for a point each. At the end of the day, neither squad did enough too truly deserve all 3 points.

On a side note the ref did well for the entire 90 minutes, doing his best to try and allow the game to flow and wasn't interested in just throwing out cards.

I'm a little surprised to see the forfeit result between Lobbans and Sarajevo. As Sidewinder said, Sarajevo are digging themselves into quite a relegation bound hole. Fiji now 3 points back with a game in hand. It will be a tight finish to see who gets automatic relegation and who will be in the relegation game against the Div 1A 9th place team. I don't see a result yet for the CA vs Polonia game, but if CA were to lose, they would be dragged right into the mix at the bottom of the table. I wonder if they managed to score today? :D

CICwishingforabetterrunofforminthenewyear

The ref only gave a yellow because there were 2 other RU players inside of the box. :D

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say CIC, good prediction of the score on the CA and Polonia game...:D

CA 3 - Polonia 1

Good game for CA at last, been a long time coming. Start of the the first half pretty even with both sides gettin a couple of chances, best chance is a partial breakaway for Polonia which is stopped nicely by CA keep. After that, CA practically takes over. First goal at the 15-20 min mark, a great half volley from just above the corner of the 18 off of a cleared cross. The second goal is assisted by a great boot from our keep, which is headed on by a mid to our streaking forward who outmuscles 2 Polonia D-men and then is stopped by the keep but follows his own play and gets the rebound. Polonia get a quick one back as they catch CA off guard on a quickly taken corner to find an open man in the box for a free header. 2-1 at half. Second half was dominated by Cliff's D and Mid where they shut down any opportunities for Polonia and in turn rush back up the field with plenty of chances. Third goal came around the 80th min. After CA wins a ball in the offensive zone, plays to our forward who dances around the top of the box, finally chipping the out of position goalie. We end the year on a great note and hope to continue this form into the new year. Don't know where the 3 goals came from, must've been the exhibition match with ACBC...wouldn't you say CIC?;)

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the game Cliff vs. Polonia and have to say that Cliff showed some excellent soccer today. I am suprised with the team they have, why they are not doing better in the standings? Some excellent midfield players.

It is sad that in Div 1, there are teams who cannot field 11 players. In my opinion these teams (first and foremost they should not be playing in Div 1), should be punished further from the league, perhaps taking another 3 points away from them.

Since the league is cutting down Premier league to 12 teams, will they cut down Div 1 to 12 teams? This would be a good idea, as it would get rid of the teams (see 5 bottom teams from each division), and make the soccer more competitive.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Normally 3 Div 1 teams are relegated, however due to the whole premier reduction thing this year the bottom 2 teams on both the 1A and 1B side are destined for the drop.

I guess that means there will be no great escape for Fiji this year as they seem to somehow always survive those relegation playoffs.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So why are the 3 group winners in div 2 going to play in a promotion playoff with the top 2 going up? Or at least that's what we were told at the begining of the year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
because otherwise there would be an extra team in div 1 next year.

think back to grade 8 when you learned algebra

problem: if 3 teams are relegated from premier, 1 is promoted to premier, and 4 are relegated to div 2, how many are promoted from div 2?

Find x: 3 + x = 1 + 4

Hint: subtract 3 from both sides of the equation

Answer: x = 2

Therefore 2 teams must be promoted from div 2

Q.E.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money