Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would only have two groups and add a div four group.

Won't this only make it worse for newly started strong teams that are div 1/2 caliber but have to start at the bottom div and move up? From my experience, these are the teams that usually cause the big blow-ups.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cupcake that is the only way young teams cand get in and move up the list. Oldersides just want to stick together and play ball.
Even div three is tomuch for young sides coming in. It is the phisical side of older players that gets lots of young guys to sit out with huge injuries. Sure you have few select groups getting in, but not tomany.
With lower level older guys would take it bit easier ond young guys, young guys could develop.
I personaly would have sixteen teams in div one sixteen teams in div two sixteen teams in div three sixteen teams in div four same in div five. Only one moves up only one drops. Top 8 in each group play for A cup in the div botom 8 for B cup in the group. Same number games as now. All happy. Sell the VMSL jacket and hats and all is good.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'd like to think we could hold on our own in Div2, I'd even go out on a limb and say we could get relegated from Div1! All new teams have to start in Div3..... or CAT. Our CAT division last year had more new outright teams than actual CAT teams and I'd say was of better quality than what we've come up against in Div3 this season which is a bit of a shitter i have to say! I think it could be better organised at the bottom, maybe 3 Div3's and 1 CAT rather than having 2 CAT leagues that have enough new teams between them to make up an entire league? I'm sure its tough to please everyone though and i don't know what the answer is, or if there even is one other than suck it up, pay your dues and eventually you'll end up where you should be!

The CAT league is pointless. It was designed as a reserve league for premier so teams could carry large rosters and there would be extra game time at a decent level. All well in idea and inception, but in the years since it has completely fallen apart.

Now it is full of new teams to the VMSL or "B" sides that have minimal if any affiliation with their parent club. Not to mention some of the sides are affiliated with a premier team and others div 2. So guys who are the last cuts from a premier squad and who are suppose to be developing end up playing games against guys who couldn't make a div 2 side.

The whole thing is a shambles and quite frankly needs to be done away with. There is nothing to play for in the CAT league, winning the division means absolutely nothing (is there even a plaque?)

I know the Valley does not have a separate CAT league, instead players who are part of a club and signed with a lower level team are able to be called up and (I believe) up to two players can play down divisions per game. A similar system would be much better for the VMSL. That way sides that are quality don't have to decide between playing in a CAT league in order to provide their feature club with a deeper talent pool or in a real league where the players actually have something to play for every week.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know Valley league. League is way more organized with Tomas and those guys in chare. Player registration is done online. Way less problems.
League goes down as far as 3 four div group. The only problem is if a club from Burnaby wants in traveling to games and practices is bit far. For most two three guys will not drive out to Abby for a game.
Check it out on Fraservalleysoccer.com.
There is way more younger sides in Fraser Valley than in VMSL. In VMSL you have to write and wate to see if there is a sopt. In Valley pay for your season and getting in is easy. Teams have bit less skill but I can tell you the play way harder and faster than VMSL. Number of teams is very close the same as VMSL, in next five years Valley most likley will have fifteen percent more teams than VMSL.
Most young families are moving out due to high coast of homes.
Cat system is a bigest joke. Last weekend a team from West side was running a score on Campo Sportivo. The coach from from West side must have gone through sexsual change. He was subing his guys with eleven to zero lead. Campo Sportivo head seven guys on the pitch. West side coach did not want to take out any of his guys.
Must have been big selebratin on Oak and seventeenth. Gutless sheep firk. Div two soccer should be bit more reworded in BC B cup. That's where the teams have tons of fun.

E11even

Sep 30, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just don't critique the excellent site.

Critique I will, the site is so awful. How has it not gotten through to whoever is in charge that there are so many awesome sports league templates out there that make league standings, games, stats, etc super easy to manage. I imagine it isn't changed because it's managed by someone with little technical experience, which makes an even better case for said template.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's great that the league is re-structuring Div.2 and Div.3. It's a bit late but it's getting done!
We can see that Div.1 is really strong compared to previous years and teams going up to Prem atleast have a fighting chance. Whereas the div.2 teams have struggled mightily the past couple of years when promoted to Div.1. Of course there are some exceptions. There's a few good teams in Div.3 this year, pretty sad that only 1 will get promoted(if I read correctly).

What's wrong with the excellent site??
:p

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know Valley league. League is way more organized with Tomas and those guys in chare. Player registration is done online. Way less problems.
League goes down as far as 3 four div group. The only problem is if a club from Burnaby wants in traveling to games and practices is bit far. For most two three guys will not drive out to Abby for a game.
Check it out on Fraservalleysoccer.com.
There is way more younger sides in Fraser Valley than in VMSL. In VMSL you have to write and wate to see if there is a sopt. In Valley pay for your season and getting in is easy. Teams have bit less skill but I can tell you the play way harder and faster than VMSL. Number of teams is very close the same as VMSL, in next five years Valley most likley will have fifteen percent more teams than VMSL.
Most young families are moving out due to high coast of homes.
Cat system is a bigest joke. Last weekend a team from West side was running a score on Campo Sportivo. The coach from from West side must have gone through sexsual change. He was subing his guys with eleven to zero lead. Campo Sportivo head seven guys on the pitch. West side coach did not want to take out any of his guys.
Must have been big selebratin on Oak and seventeenth. Gutless sheep firk. Div two soccer should be bit more reworded in BC B cup. That's where the teams have tons of fun.

Not sure what the CAT coach was supposed to do? Its not his fault the other team showed up short. Should he have played 7v7?? No subs??? So the guys who showed up to play should have been told too bad they only have 7 guys you guys don't get to sub in??? What's his sex got to do with it??? "Gutless sheep firk" seems a bit harsh IMHO.

But it does add to my argument for CAT reform. According to the most EXCELLENT site;) it look like Campo's div1 team played in West Van within hours of the CAT kick off. Chances are that was a big reason why they were short.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Canucks4Ever - FVSL only allows "call-downs" (as opposed to call-ups) or u21. 2 per game, yes. So for example, Mariners FC could have max 2 players called down from any of their Div 3-Prem teams to play u21, but could never have Div 2 player play on the Div3 team, or Prem player on Div 2 etc etc etc. Also, those 2 can only play down twice during the year. So never have a guy play every weekend Prem and u21, unless the are registered to u21.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what the CAT coach was supposed to do? Its not his fault the other team showed up short. Should he have played 7v7?? No subs??? So the guys who showed up to play should have been told too bad they only have 7 guys you guys don't get to sub in??? What's his sex got to do with it??? "Gutless sheep firk" seems a bit harsh IMHO.

But it does add to my argument for CAT reform. According to the most EXCELLENT site;) it look like Campo's div1 team played in West Van within hours of the CAT kick off. Chances are that was a big reason why they were short.

The cat team coach is a very nice guy and was proberly miffed the other wankers only showed up with 7
Thinking of renaming one our teams The sheep Firks

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart coach they did not show with seven. They head ten guys but two three guys got hurt. One knee one sholder and another cramp.
Nice no man he has no frican clue what a nice guy is. Sheep firk for sure. With out KY.
It looked retarded I told the Campo guys to call it. After they played sevent add minutes. That guy would have runned the score to thirty.
After six seven you give them a guy or two and play frendlie. Score stays as six zip.
I must say that Cat thing is simply for shyt all. No playoffs no provincial cup A or B. What a waste of money. Put the team in div three and play for points moveup as possible. Your player can still move up for a game. Only cup games you are tied to a side you first comit.
I truly think Fraser Valley is way ahead of us in proper formation. All the way down to three groups of div four. Just like rest of the World.
Take a look on www. Fraservalleysoccer.com

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart coach they did not show with seven. They head ten guys but two three guys got hurt. One knee one sholder and another cramp.
Nice no man he has no frican clue what a nice guy is. Sheep firk for sure. With out KY.
It looked retarded I told the Campo guys to call it. After they played sevent add minutes. That guy would have runned the score to thirty.
After six seven you give them a guy or two and play frendlie. Score stays as six zip.
I must say that Cat thing is simply for shyt all. No playoffs no provincial cup A or B. What a waste of money. Put the team in div three and play for points moveup as possible. Your player can still move up for a game. Only cup games you are tied to a side you first comit.
I truly think Fraser Valley is way ahead of us in proper formation. All the way down to three groups of div four. Just like rest of the World.
Take a look on www. Fraservalleysoccer.com

Give them some guys and mix up the teams??? WTF is this U10??? And who the f*ck are you anyway? I'm sure the Westside guys will be mortified to hear that Mr. Base god of TTP, BC Soccer and the VMSL thinks they're all "sheep firks". I bet the Campo guys would have wanted no part of some mixed team intermural bs stroll in the park either. From what has been described here it sounds like they gave it a real go of things and did their best to make it work with what they showed.

THANK GOD you arrived to "tell the Campo guys to call it" otherwise it would have been "thirty" and the universe would have caved in on itself.

It's competitive soccer. Not show up at the field and see if the other team is at full strength. Campo arrived to play the top team in their division with less than a full squad, what did they expect? I'm sure they saw the writing on the wall, but they gave it a go anyway. Good on them.

Oh and in your "properly formed" FVSL, one look at the schedules shows that literally 7 out of 8 weeks there has been AT LEAST ONE (most weeks more) double digit score line. I guess those guys are all "sheep firks" too eh?

Mans_Game

Feb 4, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks4ever basically said it for me. I can see the state of soccer mentality on this site and helps explain why this country is ranked 106th in the world.
Not to mention half the guys that constantly post can't spell, they are half retarded too apparently.

Mans_Game

Feb 4, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have played in both leagues, just switched back to VMSL this year. You can't compare the two, night and day. Fraser Valley in general are athletes playing soccer, VMSL has soccer players who have played the game, many at decent levels too.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks4ever basically said it for me. I can see the state of soccer mentality on this site and helps explain why this country is ranked 106th in the world.
Not to mention half the guys that constantly post can't spell, they are half retarded too apparently.

YOU ARE Probably correct

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always better to be retarded than a sheep firk. SmartCoach head lots of sheep firks. He got rid of all of them. Now he looks for players in pittbull
bay.Campo has to do the same. Doule diget scores my man, you must be using speed to do that. SmartCach and I could not do that.
It think you will not find beter coaches around.
And on top of it we both have broos last names.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always better to be retarded than a sheep firk. SmartCoach head lots of sheep firks. He got rid of all of them. Now he looks for players in pittbull
bay.Campo has to do the same. Doule diget scores my man, you must be using speed to do that. SmartCach and I could not do that.
It think you will not find beter coaches around.
And on top of it we both have broos last names.

Well that clears that up...

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we looking at 1 team promoted and 3 teams relegated from each group this year?

We've past the 1/3 mark of the season. Who do you see moving up to div 1? Any potential upsets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0