Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get this Party started. Teams most likely to shite the bed this year: Squamish, DPR, TSA Royals and Wickham.......:bronco:

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a good test tonight against the Green Devils. If I heard right, they came down from div.1? It will be a good match I'm sure of it.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good match against Lomas tonight. They went up 2-0 in the first ten minutes with a couple of scrappy goals, and it looked like we were on our way to a 5-0 hiding. Started playing our game and clawed our way back to 2-1 by half, and a few changes at the midway helped us carry momentum into a 4-2 lead with 10 to go. Lomas had a man sent off for a takedown on a breakaway (penalty converted) but kept us pegged back with 10 men and even scored a third goal. Squeaky bum time for the last few minutes, but managed to eke out the three points. Full credit to Lomas for commitment and intensity, and they are a fit and well-drilled side. Their core is strong, but they were a bit shaky around the periphery and in net. Good luck to them, and I look forward to the replay.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green devils looked decent against the royals. Don't think they had any chances in the first half and maybe a couple crosses in the second. Meanwhile we just couldn't find the net with a couple shots just off target and a ~26 yard free kick off the post. Managed to put one in the bag in the 70th or so off a great through ball. A fast transition from our back line shortly after and some poor defending by the devils with a ball that bounced over their defenders head and right to our streaking forward for a breakaway put us up 2-0.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now for the actual replay of the game:
We came out flying and ran all over them for 20 min with nothing to show for it. They started to come back and press and gained the first real chance with a half volley put over the bar from 12yds. Fairly even in the second half and then we put one away on a break-away that bounced over their last man :rolleyes: 10 minutes later we put a header away off a free-kick - a good goal. 10 minutes later the final whistle went and that was that.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC 4 - 0 Temple. UBC thoroughly dominated the match. Without even having seen any of the other teams on the 2B side I would put UBC as the favourites to win. They are fit, skillful and quick.

UBC scored the first about 15 minutes into the game on a 3 on 2, the ball was laid off to the outside not to far inside the 18 and a low hard driven shot went in far post. Might have been a bit of a weak goal considering the angle, tough to say. 2nd goal came about 10 minutes later when Temples sweeper slipped and coughed it up just outside the 18 creating a 2 on 0. 3rd goal came off a PK about 20 min into the 2nd half and the 4th not too long after that.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roos 1 Ladner Strangers 1.....they stole a couple of points from us which we are sure to get back when we meet again. Overall a fair game, with a ref that didn't suck. Next weeks game vs Sarah Jawohl is going to be a lot more exciting. Is Elvis still around?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 1 - 3 PGRangers

They scored first about 20 mins in on a PK and we took over after that. A combination of good goal keeping and some poor finishing(on my part) kept the score from getting too out of hand. South Memorial was in great condition.

A few interesting scores in Div.2. A few teams that came down from Div.1 lost their first games and by convincing score lines too.

Capps

Aug 29, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kangaroos 1 - Ladner 1...Unable to capatalize on first half chances by both sides costs Ladner a couple points, surely won't make that mistake again against a team who was more concerned with the size of umbrellas on the sidelines than the task at home

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kangaroos 1 - Ladner 1...Unable to capatalize on first half chances by both sides costs Ladner a couple points, surely won't make that mistake again against a team who was more concerned with the size of umbrellas on the sidelines than the task at home

:wa:Your English sucks. What is your teachers name? Mr. Base maybe? Please go away now!:wa:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 1 - 3 PGRangers

They scored first about 20 mins in on a PK and we took over after that. A combination of good goal keeping and some poor finishing(on my part) kept the score from getting too out of hand. South Memorial was in great condition.

A few interesting scores in Div.2. A few teams that came down from Div.1 lost their first games and by convincing score lines too.

Considering PGR is now the Frankenstein of the league (3 teams merged) we are making strides every week in terms of teamplay and trusting each other. That was evident today as after 25 shaky minutes we came together and were stringing passes together like needlepoint. Machel was a force to be reckoned with and could have had 4. On to next week.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You have to consider that typically when teams move down they tend to lose some of their quality players. Not saying that is the case for everyone, but it may be for some.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering PGR is now the Frankenstein of the league (3 teams merged) we are making strides every week in terms of teamplay and trusting each other. That was evident today as after 25 shaky minutes we came together and were stringing passes together like needlepoint. Machel was a force to be reckoned with and could have had 4. On to next week.

3 teams merged? I thought just two...PGR and 8 bodies from Primos. A good start to the season though.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh Dezza...the Knights ARE the Masters team and with their promotion and cup win last year I do believe they're acquitting themselves quite nicely :) JB's are welcome any time but we'll leave The Train out for now.

I am including the Knights since technically they are available should we be short bodies ;)

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did Machel have his roller blades on ?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to consider that typically when teams move down they tend to lose some of their quality players. Not saying that is the case for everyone, but it may be for some.

True.

Smartcoach, I traded in the rollerblades for a turbo-charged wheel chair as I've got Dezza strength knees. :p Waiting for your game report in Div.1 thread.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo 4 - 0 TSA Royals

We passed the ball well and played a patient game. Kensington North is a joke with the baseball daimonds. On too next week.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel - not Primo any more ... Point Grey Rangers. :D

Not only were the ball diamonds a joke, but the grass was a solid 5 inches in some areas. Once we got used to it, it was ok, but it made for an interesting 10 minutes to start the game!

As for the game, Royals should have been up 1 early, but their striker missed a breakaway. After that we settled down and passed well. Finished our chances and were up 2-0 at the half. Royals came out in the 2nd and had a couple of semi-chances, but we basically deflated them with a goal at about 50 minutes. Machel scored a screamer top shelf for our 4th in about the 70th minute. After that it was all about trying to keep a clean sheet, but the Royals didn't finish their opportunities (and they had a couple of good chances in the 2nd half).

I thought the ref did do a good job. Missed some here and there, but kept up with the play and is definitely one of the better refs out there.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo 4 - 0 TSA Royals

We passed the ball well and played a patient game. Kensington North is a joke with the baseball daimonds. On too next week.

I would have though you guys were used to baseball diamonds seeing you train on one at Andy Livingston!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0