Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't really disagree with much of what Teelay posted. We played like crap and couldn't get anything together - simple 10 ft passes were beyond our ability yesterday. As for the field, it was absolutely shocking - standing water in the ball diamonds was bad, but the length of the grass was embarrassing. Ironically, the upper field was nicely cut and looked in great shape. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves next time we meet.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw MYB Panters beat UBC 3-1 on the vmsl site. Anyone with a game analysis? Watching UBC last week I thought they looked like a decent div 1 side and would stroll through 2B.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't really disagree with much of what Teelay posted. We played like crap and couldn't get anything together - simple 10 ft passes were beyond our ability yesterday. As for the field, it was absolutely shocking - standing water in the ball diamonds was bad, but the length of the grass was embarrassing. Ironically, the upper field was nicely cut and looked in great shape. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves next time we meet.

Yup...Kensington sucks. We had David Lam and then the city pulled it from the VMSL to do some work on it so we weren't left with any good choices for fields. Once Jericho turf is complete we should be there for home games.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh and as for the game - thought PGR were superior in the middle of the park and you guys just couldn't match it. The direct approach early on almost paid off for you but I thought we adjusted well and it wasn't really that close after. Look forward to the rematch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training for free on the Andy Livingstone baseball diamond sounds like a classic move by the club formerly known as Point Grey United... now known as the mystical, magical, Unicorns!!

I guess when the mayor of the city plays for your team you feel like it's your prerogative to mooch off the taxpayers.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw MYB Panters beat UBC 3-1 on the vmsl site. Anyone with a game analysis? Watching UBC last week I thought they looked like a decent div 1 side and would stroll through 2B.
Panthers are very young and skilled in midfield and up front. They won the Vancouver International Soccer Festival this summer with one of the best small-side performances I've seen. They're a bit dodgy at the back, and their keeper could easily lose half his body weight and still be fine, but it doesn't matter when your team is scoring goals for fun (see last week's 9-4 result). They shredded UBC through the midfield with their passing game, and scored some really nice goals. That said, they are also a bunch of chirpy divers, and their best player (#10) got sent off with 10 minutes to go for yapping at the ref. Panthers will be hard to beat at Andy Livingstone, but it'll be interesting to see how they do on muddy pitches against more physical teams later in the season. Eight of their starters were wearing leggings and undershirts yesterday, when it was a sunny 17 degrees.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals 4 West Van Royals 3
We didn't look good again but managed to get the three points. Terrible ref - both ways.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched a very talented MYB defeat Temple 4-0 today. Was a bit unsettled by the fact that two goals were apparently scored by the player who was sent off against UBC last week and shouldn't have been playing. He's probably the most technically skilled player in all of Div. 2, and I played against him in the summer, so I'm certain it's the same guy, even if his hair wasn't in cornrows this week.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After hearing about the MYB Panthers beating UBC last week I decided to take in their game against Temple today. Panthers won 4-0 but the game was closer than the score reflected. As Oggy stated they are fast up front and in the midfield and have some talented players. Their backline definitely appeared to be their weakness and I’m sure some of the bigger teams will be able to push them around. They appeared to be diving a lot trying to get calls even before the ball was at their feet and I thought a few yellows for diving by the ref would have out an end to this. Panthers opened the scoring about 10 minutes in on a great individual effort, and their forward beat about three Temple players. Temple seemed to settle down and create some chances on the counter attack with a break away chipped over the goalie, but over the net as well. A second break for Temple led to their player slotting it just wide and before half Temple hit the crossbar. In the 2nd half Panthers scored a bit of a weak goal, which seemed to rattle Temple as they began to lose their shape and 2 subsequent goals followed. Temple had a chance to get one back but a header from a couple of yards out went over the net.

On a side note I overheard what I assume was one of the UBC players tell some of the Temple guys that #15 who played outstanding, at least I thought, was the same player who was red carded in their game against UBC, so it could be interesting if Temple puts in a protest. Not sure what the penalty is for Panthers if they indeed played an illegal player, but I’m assuming the loss of 3 points and possibly a further suspension of the individual player.

From the games I have watched so far this year Div 2 has improved significantly over last year and the 2B side appears to be quite strong with no real easy games for any team in the division.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Panthers are an explosive team as I did see them play a couple of time last year. Luckily for them that teams in Div.2 dropped out or merged as they did not get promoted. Only Cleo's did, then the league asked Cliff Ave and then they asked the Panthers. I see them winning the div

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes bandcamp......I did blindly post that........I know it's the Unicorns...................my apalogies!!! And yes Div 1 Classics sucks for piss taking. As you can see I am getting rusty:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0