Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2017/2018

Discussion in 'VMSL' started by Regs, Aug 4, 2017.

1. robino

robino Active Member

Est:
    Sep 24, 2006
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Yea they are out. It also says extra div 3 team up next year. So, last year only one team went up to div 1 once akal folded. This year how many div 2 teams going down? Only two plus spot of squamish team, or will it be three plus the spot of squamish team? Vmsl needs to have a rule about this so every year its not the same. vmsl needs to be consistent.

2. dezza

Better Bastard

Est:
    Feb 20, 2005
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $420.00
    The way I read it, it's 3 + sea to sky.

I believe it's that way due to the Tom Johnstone rule. He complained so much about norvan storm never getting promoted they enacted it in his name.

• Like Like x 2
    • Bag of Dicks Bag of Dicks x 1
    • You Bastard! You Bastard! x 1
  3. soccer8

soccer8 Member

Est:
    Jan 19, 2013
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Where are the results? I cant see them

4. username

username New Member

Est:
    Jan 26, 2016
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Boys, very quiet in here since Tom and the Campo guy have both moved up to div 1. Anyway, how about them Lomas on the weekend eh?

5. Canucks4Ever

Canucks4Ever Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jan 9, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    Obviously still early days but starting to see a few trends in the two pools.

On the A side, Metro Ford's Week 2 win over 13th Legion means that they are certainly the clear favourites for the group. No one is expecting them to run the table, but an early 3 point edge on the team likely to be their main rivals shouldn't be overlooked. Bombastic looks to have established itself as the best of the rest, however their strength of schedule to start the season is nothing to be overwhelmed with. They took 7 points off the current bottom three, before a fairly impressive win over Strikers this past weekend. They play the aforementioned 13th Legion this weekend, so a true test of there merit and I would suggest the Legioners are heavy favourites. Bombastic, though, have to be happy as, if I remember correctly, it took Bombastic until the New Year to reach this point total last season. Points on the board and an early buffer on the relegation race certainly will be a welcome change of pace for the East Van boys and, with the parity on the A side this year, maybe they end up within striking distance of a Provincial Cup berth.

Other surprises on the A side are Royal City and Rino's both sitting on zero points. As a promoted team Royal City were always likely to have to fit to establish themselves at this level and, while their promotion cousins Metro Ford are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to promoted teams, their other fellow promoted teams (Bosna and Westside) are having an easier time getting their feet in, arguably, the more challenging of the two pools. The New West boys are bleeding goals at the back, 22 against in 4 games and one has to believe that the brothers who carried them to a Division 3 title last season are either no longer involved or have somehow lost a step. Rino's is a real surprise to be on no points, but they are a veteran group and many of them played Division 1 last season. Clearly they are more CAT than Div. 1 at the moment, but I would expect to see them steady themselves and move away from the drop zone in due course.

Twin Arrows is rooted to the bottom on the B side and that is perhaps to be expected given that they needed to survive a relegation playoff last year to ensure another season in Division 2. At the other end of the table, the top four look poised to breakaway from the chasing pack. Provincial B Champions, Greencaps, are on top, unbeaten with 10 points through four games. They will have a good test against Gastown this weekend who sit fourth and unbeaten as well on 8 points. Recently relegated Metropolitan and Shaheen, sitting in second and third respectively, can continue their climbs back towards Division 1 with wins this weekend against Punjab Tigers and Sarajevo, both of whom are among the mid-table pack who will be looking to pick up enough point to end up closer to the Provincial place, instead of the relegation race.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thatgoalkeeper

Thatgoalkeeper New Member

Est:
    Nov 22, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    does everybody knows who the twin arrows keeper is ?

7. Canucks4Ever

Canucks4Ever Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jan 9, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    The guy with the joint worst GAA in the pool...? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thatgoalkeeper

Thatgoalkeeper New Member

Est:
    Nov 22, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Lol, i was just watching the game last week, Twin arrows vs metropolitan he was insane