Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of chuckles at mi amigo Soccer Coach's expense. We definitely did not have Jorge Campos in goal; it was a rookie playing his first game (similar to the week before where we had a U18 call-up to stand in against l'equipe de Clem). In both cases, they acquitted themselves better than expected.

Are we weaker than at the beginning of the season? Possibly. We've had a pretty substantial turnover of players, and currently our midfield is a shadow of what we've started with - very limited Ingerlish presence in the game (maybe that helped :rolleyes:), and our star Korean centre mid is back home visiting family. Although, I'd argue that the back line was probably the strongest it's been thus far. Getting them to talk to each other has definitely helped. Didn't hurt also that it was probably Paco's best game too - he's finally getting the handle on the concept of "distribution." He was by quite a bit the most effective player on the field.

I would say that play was quite even, although definitely with an edge defensively to Celtic. Remember that we did have a second goal called back for a VERY tenuous contact on the keeper, who never had possession of the ball. Quite alright though; we'll just have to do it more emphatically next time.

Very nice to see Chris behind your bench helping out - he and Tracy really had their hands full with Moose as a young lad. Quite a pair of selfless individuals.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of chuckles at mi amigo Soccer Coach's expense. We definitely did not have Jorge Campos in goal; it was a rookie playing his first game (similar to the week before where we had a U18 call-up to stand in against l'equipe de Clem). In both cases, they acquitted themselves better than expected.

Are we weaker than at the beginning of the season? Possibly. We've had a pretty substantial turnover of players, and currently our midfield is a shadow of what we've started with - very limited Ingerlish presence in the game (maybe that helped :rolleyes:), and our star Korean centre mid is back home visiting family. Although, I'd argue that the back line was probably the strongest it's been thus far. Getting them to talk to each other has definitely helped. Didn't hurt also that it was probably Paco's best game too - he's finally getting the handle on the concept of "distribution." He was by quite a bit the most effective player on the field.

I would say that play was quite even, although definitely with an edge defensively to Celtic. Remember that we did have a second goal called back for a VERY tenuous contact on the keeper, who never had possession of the ball. Quite alright though; we'll just have to do it more emphatically next time.

Very nice to see Chris behind your bench helping out - he and Tracy really had their hands full with Moose as a young lad. Quite a pair of selfless individuals.

I would tend to agree that you had stronger midfield last time, but a more effective defensive line up this time.

Your keeper was very good. Nice job with the youth side.
As for the call back goal, I can see why you thought that it was mild contact, but from our angle it was clear that the forward stamped his foot on the ribcage of our keeper. It was a very good call from the referee.

It is nice to have both Chris and Moose in our camp. They ad so much to our side.
Hopefully we can schedule games during the summer.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
France FC 1 - Campo Libre 3

An entertaining game to watch. France FC has technical players who play a skilled type of game.

During the last seven games, they were undefeated. The last game was a tie with front runners with Westside FC, and the previous game was a solid victory against the renewed VAFC Athletics. Given these results, and the result of last game with us, they were the favourites to win the game.

To our surprise, our team started to dominate the game right from the beginning. Although we kept most of the ball during the first quarter of the game, we did not any dangerous shot on the net. They had less possession, but were able to put together nice combinations in the midfield, and created a few dangerous chances. One of them ended up in penalty call. They converted the penalty well, and cheered effusively.

Perhaps the goal motivated them because they started to get more possession of the ball. The game became more even. However, we managed to get two goals that put us ahead quite deservedly.

The first goal was a build up that started from the keeper. It involved about twelve straight passes with out interception.

The second goal was a fast transition that got their back line and midfielders disjointed. A penetrating pass that split the defense and then a cross pass to the incoming forward gave him a completely empty net. Their centre backs were quite upset as they left exposed.

During the second half we retreated to defend the lead. They put pressure, but were not significant threats created from them. They advanced their back line really high, and we started to exploit it quite comfortably. Many attacking opportunities were created with the high line as their defenders were started to get tired. There were at least 7 offside calls. Some were properly called others were missed by the referee, but we can not blame him as there is no linesman. Finally a goal came from a rebound and followed by a powerful shot. Perhaps a deserved result would have been 2 to 5 because in some cases we had 4 v 2 or even 4 v 1 or one on ones with the keeper.

This remind me of the Mexico-France game, were France tried to defend with off-side calls, but was eventually punished.

The win puts Campo Libre in 4th place.

The next games are not as important to us, but they will be crucial to determine the winner of the division. We have one game against Royal City, the leader, and two games against the second place, Westside. If we get some points from Westside, it will be tough for them to get promotion.
Nothing will be decided until the very last round.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
images.jpeg

The derby of the city. The small, independent, alternative club versus the establishment club of the well to do.
Will money and prestige impose on passion and devotion for the game?
Campo Libre hosts on the Westside "millonarios".

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs. West Coast Saints tomorrow. No battle of ideologies, just a chance to break out of the mid-table congestion.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The derby of the city. The small, independent, alternative club versus the establishment club of the well to do.
Will money and prestige impose on passion and devotion for the game?
Campo Libre hosts on the Westside "millonarios".

Not sure you've taken a glance at the make up of any Westside team roster lately...not quite sure it fits the stereotype you are portraying here...

Anyway perhaps you got a good look at it today, I hear it didn't go you way out at Burnaby Lake (which for the record is, as the name implies, in BURNABY and not East Van...)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently los Millonarios cashed a cheque...

Campo Libre 0-2 Westside Juniors
Marpole Tropics 2-1 GFC Lions
Ante Up Utd. 1-0 France FC
America 0-4 Royal City

Tomorrow:
VAFC Celtic vs. West Coast Saints
Royal Dutch Cousins vs Richmond Olympics
Siaron vs PCOV Benfica
Bowen Island vs Cliff Sr. Cobra

And apparently America get a freebie with the Most Excellent Site showing a further 3-0 win over the defunct Burnaby Selects.

Time to see if we can lift and separate a bit in the standings...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently los Millonarios cashed a cheque...

Campo Libre 0-2 Westside Juniors
Marpole Tropics 2-1 GFC Lions
Ante Up Utd. 1-0 France FC
America 0-4 Royal City

Tomorrow:
VAFC Celtic vs. West Coast Saints
Royal Dutch Cousins vs Richmond Olympics
Siaron vs PCOV Benfica
Bowen Island vs Cliff Sr. Cobra

And apparently America get a freebie with the Most Excellent Site showing a further 3-0 win over the defunct Burnaby Selects.

Time to see if we can lift and separate a bit in the standings...
Yes, the Westside "Millonarios" cashed the check well with a bit help of the government. I guess nothing new here.

Campo Libre 0 - Westside 2

The game was tied 0-0 at the half. There were two reasons possible reasons for this.

We knew that they needed the win, so cynically parked the bus just to see how they would react. This was supposed to be for only a few minutes, but since they did not seem to find a solution to it, we simply kept doing it. We got more shots than them. A few were just above the crossbar and the others were saved well by the keeper. They had also a couple of chances but their striker put the ball too the sky.

The other reason is that most of their team arrived late to the dismay of their coach. Perhaps some of these kids have never crossed to the east of Granville or Cambie and got lost on uncharted territory. However, during the first half they were a bit off from other games.

During the second half they scored a goal within the first two minutes. One of the substitutes got by surprised and gave the ball away. Their winger made a cross that went wide and into the net. It hard to know if he planned or just got lucky but it certainly look like a nice goal.

We changed the formation and strategy. They did have a bit of problem with the more aggressive style and we were close to tie the game several times. With five minutes to go our last man got fouled and disposed of the ball, and their forward nicely finish on an empty net. A bit of controversy here. I did not see the actual foul, but according to the last man and the keeper and defenders it was a foul. A chat with the ref about it, and he said that from this angle he did not see the push. Hard to tell who is right here, but they got a bit lucky with this goal.

The results put Westside on second place with 29 points just one behind than Royal City. Essentially both of the teams will get promoted.
I do not see America pulling a miracle here. They have one less game to play. With the dismissal of Akal and the usual folding of one Division 2 team per year, we are certain to see the Millenaries in Division 2, which is deserved and where they deserved to be.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
After spending all fall in St. Paul's fighting off a near fatal blood infection, I'm about to ditch my cane and slowly drift back into the Boner's fold, although not likely until March. The island boys have been struggling with no coach, troubles with injuries and player numbers, and losing our best young attackers to HPL and West Van U21 teams. That has just left the island geezers to try to pot the odd goal. Hopefully, the lads can pull things together a bit more late in the season. (If you see an old guy limping around out there late in the season. Give me a wave).

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
After spending all fall in St. Paul's fighting off a near fatal blood infection, I'm about to ditch my cane and slowly drift back into the Boner's fold, although not likely until March. The island boys have been struggling with no coach, troubles with injuries and player numbers, and losing our best young attackers to HPL and West Van U21 teams. That has just left the island geezers to try to pot the odd goal. Hopefully, the lads can pull things together a bit more late in the season. (If you see an old guy limping around out there late in the season. Give me a wave).
glad that you are with us again! Wish you a speedy recovery. We missed you here.
By the way, what happened to @Mr Base

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I overheard a conversation referee's had - it went something like this....-yes campo coach was a very good referee- bc soccer was pushing him hard to move up referee ladder.....and now he is a soccer coach.......W.T.F. ?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I overheard a conversation referee's had - it went something like this....-yes campo coach was a very good referee- bc soccer was pushing him hard to move up referee ladder.....and now he is a soccer coach.......W.T.F. ?
Yes, I was a referee. I do not about the other comments. Father went into slip into a comma for almost a year. I was beside his bed every day until death. I could not bring myself to the field again for years since first memories that I have are of him teaching me to play the game.
Coaching is more fun. Refereeing is truly tough.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ante-up United 2 - Campo Libre 4

A game that would decide the fate of the 4th place in the division, and strangely it became representative of almost all games during the season.

Campo dominated possession, it allowed Ante-Up to create good scoring chances. They had a very good free kick that our keeper saved. He dove and put a finger on the ball that was enough to deviate its trajectory. It was a sure goal, but he saved it. The corner keep came and this time they put the ball on the net near the far post.

We tried to press for the equalizer and put three forwards. Many shots were on target, but none was hitting the net. Soccer can be an strange game. One of the easiest shots came from our forwards, and we thought another wasted opportunity. Luck was on our side because the goalie fumbled it.

This gave us confidence, and our forwards became more daring. Our left forward beat the full back and with a powerful shot put the ball between the leg of the goalie.

The game seemed to be going for an easy win, but after so many wasted opportunities the game can punish for it. They scored a nice goal from a rebound. We thought that we would end up with another draw. This seemed the deserved outcome as unfortunately our players had a few comedy of errors in front of the opposing net.

On the last five minutes Ante Up got really exhausted and two goals finally came in.

A deserved win that put us ahead that VAFC on goal difference. We will be playing Westside Millonarios and the BC's New Brooklyn (New West) which are 2nd and 1st. It seems that the fate of the division might be in our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0