Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2/3/CAT CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia are good at scoring goals. Maybe not quite so good at defending against them, however. Still wishing them luck representing 3B.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV2-R16-41 Harps FC A Rich FC Olympics...Harps run rampant.
DIV2-R16-42 Winner Game 27 NK Hrvat A...no opponent, no problem. haha
DIV2-R16-43 GN Sporting Club Campo Atletico...Campo clicking!
DIV2-R16-44 Meraloma FC A FC Serbia...Div3 high flyers.upset of the week!
DIV2-R16-45 Snipers FC A Lobbans FC...torn about this one but Snipers to pull through.
DIV2-R16-46 Squamish FC Astro FC...home field advantage. haha
DIV2-R16-47 Vancouver Strikers South Delta Rangers...straight forward for the strikers.
DIV2-R16-48 Surrey United B Bombastic FC...keepin the CAT dream alive.

6 for 6 thus far. Got any lotto numbers to share?

fingywaggle

Sep 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game up in squamish last night with some end to end action. Pretty open game both ways. Squamish lads had most the play in the first half and couple have been up a couple early. They went up 1-0 before the half. Astros came out hard in the second half and carried most the play. They were rewarded with a equalizer off a counter attack. The game looked like penalties were going to separate the teams until squamish managed to get one in the dying moments. Good game by both squads. next up a battle with the heavily favored Snipers.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK overs Rino's Fury B in pks after it being nil-nil in regulation.

Huh. Only three Division 2 Cup matches have finished 0-0 after full-time thus far, and NK Hrvat were involved in two of them.

Meanwhile, Harps have scored 10 goals in their three matches. Will be an interesting fixture in the QFs.

Eastvan

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk over Rinos B in pk. Looked like Nk worst game of season. They couldn't complete a pass in first half. Rinos had 2 great chances in first half but Nk keeper came up big. Big test next week for Nk too see what there made of.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh. Only three Division 2 Cup matches have finished 0-0 after full-time thus far, and NK Hrvat were involved in two of them.

Meanwhile, Harps have scored 10 goals in their three matches. Will be an interesting fixture in the QFs.

3 brilliant saves in the first half. 2 by hrvat, 1 by rino. Too cold and shitty out to watch second half so i went to Costco a little earlier than scheduled.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you know I got bc wild salmon fillets at Costco?
I know Penguins like fish so can recommend the steelhead trout from Costco
Good game today for our cat team
Played a very good ground game Nk very strong last 20 mins but could not score 2 free headers. Far post
Man match Nk Brian Gusic
Put us under a lot of pressure

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Penguins like fish so can recommend the steelhead trout from Costco
Good game today for our cat team
Played a very good ground game Nk very strong last 20 mins but could not score 2 free headers. Far post
Man match Nk Brian Gusic
Put us under a lot of pressure

The more that I go to watch games the more that I realize that some people here like to engage in wishful fantasy. I went to scout the Rino - NkHarvat game as one of them might be a future opponent. Both teams have very good players. NK Harvat played better and dominated possession most of the game. I was very disappointed with Rhinos collective play. They were shockingly disorganized and perhaps this chaos throw off NK Harvat. As an example, many times one of the full backs would win the ball, and then he would proceed to dribble with the ball towards the centre of the field. Obviously, he would eventually lose ball, and then a new attack would start. Sometimes the winger would get the ball and he simply would run towards the end line and a few players would accompany him with no clear support. Thus, they wasted many attacking opportunities.

The chaos and frequent changes of possession meant that both teams would have players randomly scattered through the field. Rinos had no structure in a attack or defense. It was like watching youth a silver team trying to play some sort of coherent soccer.

NK Harvat had more cohesion and at least displayed some game plan. They threw away several goal scoring opportunities. There was one that was particularly interesting and well orchestrated. They regained the ball in the middle of the park. They proceeded to pass the ball accross the back line. A couple of nice one two passses on the left side of the field and then a long diagonal pass towards the the other end. The forward controlled the ball and then chip the ball above the incoming defender who went by like a bus without brakes. Unfortunately, he kicked the ball directly into the goalie.

I wanted Rino to win because they would have been easier to beat with their messy play.I am not sure if we could win against NKHarvat. I thought that they had good talent and they are also well coached.

They should have a good game with FC Harps. I felt a bit bad for Rinos players. They seemed to be eager and ran fast and have decent skill. Perhaps they just need a bit more direction.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some saddo's already completed the fixtures!

• Harps FC A (D2B, 3rd) vs. NK Hrvat A (D2B, 4th) – S Memorial Turf, VAN – SAT, 6:00 PM
  • Campo Atletico (D2A, 2nd) vs. FC Serbia (D3B, 1st) – Empire Turf South, VAN – SAT, 2:00 PM
  • Snipers FC A (D2A, 4th) vs. Squamish FC (D2B, 6th) – Point Grey Turf, VAN – SAT, 4:00 PM
  • Vancouver Strikers (D2B, 2nd) vs. Surrey United B (CAT, 1st) – Jericho Turf, VAN – SAT, 4:00 PM

Of all the remaining teams, the side lowest in their division is Squamish FC, sixth in Division 2B (to be fair, they were fifth as of last round).

People have argued Division 2A is stronger than Division 2B, yet there are twice as many Division 2B clubs left. Likely to do with bracketing, but still interesting.

FC Serbia the only remaining Division 3 side, and Surrey United B the last CAT side – both are away this weekend. And all four matches in Vancouver-proper! *swoon*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0