Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Unicorns come to mind I think?

We played them in the first round. They scored one cheesy goal, and proceeded to put their entire team in front of their goal for the rest of the game.

We lost the game by one goal and after the game the ref said he had never seen a game before where one team didn't get the ball out of their end for an entire half.:rolleyes:

It worked though, and they did the same thing to many other teams.:(

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamponlypostswhenhewins said:
As to my identity, I think it's time you asked your team mates, and try to be nice when you ask. I'd suggest you approach guys individually, maybe try to get on their good side...
:)

I'll pull each aside and ask them right away.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
I caught the Sikh vs. Wick game. Too bad Wick decided to show up in the second half of the season. Their record surely doesn't reflect their team's play.

Does anyone have any comments or predictions on how the Cat teams....Cat A side to be precise will do in cup play? I know last year Cat teams got the piss taken out of them in the TTP and rightly so for some teams.

-Hummer

I hope your joking. If the play exhibited by Wickham at any point in that game is how they are planning on playing the 2nd haf of the season don't expect anymore wins except maybe against the Olympics. Both Temple and Wickham played like shite, I wish I didn't drag myself out to watch that game. Wickhams play doesn't reflect their record trying to figure out how they tied Rino's and beat the Lobbans.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Don't count out Sikh Temple in the cup. We have been inconsistent so far this season, mainly due to our first season playing together with this new team. A few more league games for us to mesh, and I think we may make some noise. I would never put City Rangers in front of us, we took the piss out of them for 90mins.

I guess it depends on whether there was a party or not the night before. Talk about inconsistency everytime I watch you guys play I see a different amount of white guys out there on your side. You guys testing something out or what?

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's some predictions for this week.

Bombastic SC Classic
City FC Rangers "B"
Rangers to take this one 2-1

Sikh Temple GFC
Westside Rino "C"
Tough call both have been up and down lately 2-2 Tie

WFC Rangers "B"
Vancouver Olympics "B"
No Brainer 4-0 WFC

Club Ireland Hibs
Wickham FC "B"
Wickham back to it's losing ways 2-0 Club I

Lobban's SC "B"
Richmond United "B"
Richmond to take this one with ease 3-1

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice banter lads...I asked a simple question and get loads of good responses.....so here is another.

Predictions:
Div 2 Cup winner: ???

Div 2 (Cat team or non Cat) Cup dark horse: ???

Colts vs Seahawks?

-Hummer

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
Here's some predictions for this week.

Bombastic SC Classic
City FC Rangers "B"
Rangers to take this one 2-1

Sikh Temple GFC
Westside Rino "C"
Tough call both have been up and down lately 2-2 Tie

WFC Rangers "B"
Vancouver Olympics "B"
No Brainer 4-0 WFC

Club Ireland Hibs
Wickham FC "B"
Wickham back to it's losing ways 2-0 Club I

Lobban's SC "B"
Richmond United "B"
Richmond to take this one with ease 3-1

Bomb vs. City
Bomb gets a early X-mas gift.

Sikh vs. Westside
Not a tough decision, Westside takes this one and Sikh loses another weekend game.

WFC vs. Oly
WFC takes this one.

Club I vs. Wick
Club I gets help this weekend, but Wick wins another game.

Lobbans vs. Richmond
The train keeps rolling, Richmond wins

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bomb vs. City
BFC win 3-1

Sikh vs. Westside
Not a tough decision, Westside takes this one and Sikh loses another weekend game. AGREED

WFC vs. Oly
WFC takes this one. Hmmmmlet me think....AGREED

Club I vs. Wick
A tie

Lobbans vs. Richmond
Richmond wins.....big. even with thier youth.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
I hope your joking. If the play exhibited by Wickham at any point in that game is how they are planning on playing the 2nd haf of the season don't expect anymore wins except maybe against the Olympics. Both Temple and Wickham played like shite, I wish I didn't drag myself out to watch that game. Wickhams play doesn't reflect their record trying to figure out how they tied Rino's and beat the Lobbans.

Freestyler, the only joke is your observational skills. You must have taken the wrong turn over the Port Mann and watched the over 50's game by accident (which by the way are good games to watch). Wick's play is good enough to be in the top half of the pool. I never said they were the top team nor the best team.....I said their record doesn't reflect their play??? I will forgive you as you must have fallen and hit your head recently.
I can understand your ignorant comment when Wich played Sikh in the first half and lost, but please......this doesn' t make them shitty. As for winning games, well I guess the win against City, Lobbans,... oh....and the win against Sikh were flukes....can't wait to hear your dumb ass retort.

sticktowatchingcurlingyoudumbass

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers A 10 : 0 Vancouver Olympics B

Not much more to say than it was a painful game to have to play. It was almost like a ringette game.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
WFC Rangers A 10 : 0 Vancouver Olympics B

Not much more to say than it was a painful game to have to play. It was almost like a ringette game.

Looks good for your stats. Did they play with 11?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. Just one player for each goal.

Lots of heart on that team, though. They never gave up -- right to the bitter end.

And no, Six of One, she didn't make her intended ferry, so we had to catch the 5:30. How does that happen? :confused:

~ At least I've got some interent access tonight. :)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC 5 - 1 BFC Classic
Nice to see City FC with a second week of good effort, and a different look in formation. BFCC was rewarded a 90th min. PK as a early Christmas gift, as we where working hard for the shut out rather than more goals.

Pretty clean game, and a decent ref. Hopefully we can take this better type of play into the playoffs.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice to see City FC with a second week of good effort, and a different look in formation. BFCC was rewarded a 90th min. PK as a early Christmas gift, as we where working hard for the shut out rather than more goals.

Pretty clean game, and a decent ref. Hopefully we can take this better type of play into the playoffs.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As well it was nice to see City fc had an answer to BFC Classic set corners plays as we shut them down. No more free shots up top or easy crosses today.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
F.Y.I,

Caught the 2nd half of the Club I vs. Wick game. Good match with kudos to Club I for maintaining the lead and holding Wick to a goal. Wick had only a few chances and as the story goes, no finish.
I have never taken the piss out on a Ref....but this week, the Ref in this game was absolutely shite. Where do I begin?.....the field was f'ckn frozen and shouldn't have been played on. Well done to the Wick and Club I lads for playing in those tough and dangerous conditions. Making "guess" calls and openly admitting to not seeing and the play and yelling out, "What do you want me to do? I didn't see it." Well for starters leaving the center circle would help, you tard.
Now that I have finish my whine......back to the other wine.

-Hummer

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
F.Y.I,

Caught the 2nd half of the Club I vs. Wick game. Good match with kudos to Club I for maintaining the lead and holding Wick to a goal. Wick had only a few chances and as the story goes, no finish.
I have never taken the piss out on a Ref....but this week, the Ref in this game was absolutely shite. Where do I begin?.....the field was f'ckn frozen and shouldn't have been played on. Well done to the Wick and Club I lads for playing in those tough and dangerous conditions. Making "guess" calls and openly admitting to not seeing and the play and yelling out, "What do you want me to do? I didn't see it." Well for starters leaving the center circle would help, you tard.
Now that I have finish my whine......back to the other wine.

-Hummer
What else do you expect when Eddie referee's though? I even asked him before kick-off if he was still certified to ref at this level and he his reply was, "what league and division is this?" Need I say more when a ref doesn't know where he's even officiating?!?!

A solid display by our bhoys yesterday as we could have had 4 or 5 more goals had it not been for some awful finishing and some excellent saves by the Wickham GK. Yes, the field was not great to begin with, but you're never going to get Eddie to admit the game should not be played if it means he misses out on his $50!!!:eek: If possible, the field got worse as the game progressed with the temperature consistently dropping.

Credit to Wickham for a solid battle throughout the game, always a very enjoyable club to play against with such a great group of lads.

For any of the Wickham players reading this, please pass on our apologies and best wishes for a speedy recovery to your player who broke his nose, our player who caught him feels terrible about it. I also hope that your GK is okay as he took his fair share of knocks yesterday...one to the head and another to the knee I believe.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year's to all TTPer's...all the best for 2006!

Burnro

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:

Pretty much 75% of the game was in our end and the score reflects the game. With that said our inept play and inability to conrole a ball and pass it it created 3 of their goas (not takign away from their effort or play). We have so many injuries and missing players at the moment I would say these will be regualr scores unless we can get guys back.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Pretty much 75% of the game was in our end and the score reflects the game. With that said our inept play and inability to conrole a ball and pass it it created 3 of their goas (not takign away from their effort or play). We have so many injuries and missing players at the moment I would say these will be regualr scores unless we can get guys back.

Hey Georgie - you drunk this morning?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Hey Georgie - you drunk this morning?

I wish I could say I was. I've been away for three weekends and am in total shock to see the squad that lined up to play City. The A team will be fine but our Classic's squad is in poor shape. Our best striker is now with A. Two center backs are gone. One midfielder is injured till the new year or later maybe. My regular partner in the middle of the park is missing due to work and then there are the other two strikers one of which is out for the season and the other also called up to the A team.

Excuses...........no just reality. I've never seen a depletion of a team like this. We battle on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0