Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino B 4 - 0 Sporting Punjab Hurricanes B
2 breakaways, 1 free kick that a real goalie never would have let in, and a mad scramble off a corner that got poked in accounted for the scoring. Adanac East is in very poor condition and with 2 games scheduled there tomorrow will likely be closed next weekend.

I notice Slurrey tied for the second week in a row. Now is not the time to be dropping points with the new cup entry requirements ... If Richmond Utd. wins tomorrow they will pass them for second, but that is having played 4 more games than them....

Lobbans vs. Surrey next week should be interesting. Another tie would be great ;)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Persepolis 3-8 City Rangers, There was a virus of the greedy gimmies today. Many of us pushing forward wanting a piece of the action. I would have rather seen it finish at 4-0 as it was at halftime. Many offside calls ( some correct some not ) as the ref wasn't into a complete blow out. We played a much more disciplined game against PCOV A/B??? last week, and the footy much nicer.

I noticed on the field beside, Nomads B once again pulled a no show. This team or club must be tossed from the VMSL. They have defaulted like 3 times and showed up short of players on other games. Three strikes and your out I say!
I only hope the VMSL will move some of the crappy/flakey teams out of CATA into CATB. CATA could actually be a pretty good group to play in if they moved us and Westside back over as like last year. I am sure the Westside guys would agree. Very low on the VMSL's priority list I am sure...:mad:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC Rangers "B" Bombastic SC "B"
Holly Park Turf FRI/ 9.00PM

City FC Rangers "B" Westside FC “C”
Holly Park Turf SAT/ 7.00PM

Doubleheader weekend Davey. I guess i should warn the Landing to bring in more Jager.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
Persepolis 3-8 City Rangers, There was a virus of the greedy gimmies today. Many of us pushing forward wanting a piece of the action. I would have rather seen it finish at 4-0 as it was at halftime. Many offside calls ( some correct some not ) as the ref wasn't into a complete blow out. We played a much more disciplined game against PCOV A/B??? last week, and the footy much nicer.

I noticed on the field beside, Nomads B once again pulled a no show. This team or club must be tossed from the VMSL. They have defaulted like 3 times and showed up short of players on other games. Three strikes and your out I say!
I only hope the VMSL will move some of the crappy/flakey teams out of CATA into CATB. CATA could actually be a pretty good group to play in if they moved us and Westside back over as like last year. I am sure the Westside guys would agree. Very low on the VMSL's priority list I am sure...:mad:

Yeah even taking it a step further would be to have 2catA be (officially) a higher div than 2catB. Relegate the bottom 2 from A and promote the top 2 from B to A.

But then it's rough on the half decent teams in B that do actually show up to games etc.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
aekara said:
Yeah even taking it a step further would be to have 2catA be (officially) a higher div than 2catB. Relegate the bottom 2 from A and promote the top 2 from B to A.

But then it's rough on the half decent teams in B that do actually show up to games etc.

I mentioned this earlier this year to move 2 top and bottom teams accross. Next year teams like PCOV-B, Van Olympics-C, NS Reds or other would have a crack of playing in the mighty div. 2 CAT A group. How they ever thought moving a team and last year group winner Westside into CATB was a great idea is bizzare. It's like getting relegated for finishing first. We held 3rd place for the most part last year with Club I B winning there last 4 or 5 caught us by a point. I don't think we should have been relagated as well. I am certain this year we would finish the top 4 in CAT A. I suppose if us and westside wrote a letter to the VMSL perhaps they would raise 1/2 a eyebrow. :( I am aware that CAT A was supposed to be DIV 1 B teams. But some of those B teams are crap and not reliable without A team help. We (Rangers B) have a pretty solid CAT team without A team help. Just some thoughts. :)

Looking forward to this weekend of footy though. If we win Friday, that Saturday game should be interesting. The Westside boys have had our number, and weather being div. 1 or div. 3 they want to be on top. THen again so do we. ;)

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are Nomads going to withdraw from the league? Haven't they defaulted 3 or their last 4 games?

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
I mentioned this earlier this year to move 2 top and bottom teams accross. Next year teams like PCOV-B, Van Olympics-C, NS Reds or other would have a crack of playing in the mighty div. 2 CAT A group. How they ever thought moving a team and last year group winner Westside into CATB was a great idea is bizzare. It's like getting relegated for finishing first. We held 3rd place for the most part last year with Club I B winning there last 4 or 5 caught us by a point. I don't think we should have been relagated as well. I am certain this year we would finish the top 4 in CAT A. I suppose if us and westside wrote a letter to the VMSL perhaps they would raise 1/2 a eyebrow. :( I am aware that CAT A was supposed to be DIV 1 B teams. But some of those B teams are crap and not reliable without A team help. We (Rangers B) have a pretty solid CAT team without A team help. Just some thoughts. :)

Yeah that's the tough part for the league. Some 2CAT teams work really closely with their div1 or 2 "parent" teams. Some have no connection at all. Some teams rely heavily on bringing down players for help, some are completely independent and don't use a single player from higher divisions. There are even teams in the CAT division that aren't really CAT teams at all (not part of a bigger club).

Also these circumstances can change from year to year for each team so it's hard for the league to predict.

The best we can ask for is that they figure something out that's a little more logical.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino B 3 - 1 Wickham FC B

Great way to close out the regular season after the same Wickham team whipped Lobbans last week to secure 1st place in 2CAT for us.

Looking forward to cup play.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site is reporting the following result:

(ahem)

North Shore Reds: 14
Persopolis FC: 1

Maybe this should be reported on the whats the record thread, I don't know.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Persopolis was pershitolis last week. Not very hard to believe as they were awful both times we played them.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC C 2 - 1 City Rangers

WFC carried most the play went up 2 nil 1st half. We did well in the 2nd half to fight back with a goal and almost pulling out a tie.

If that is the team WFC is going to field in the div2 cup, I would say there heavy favorites. Unlikley though as alot of them where 1st team players.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
WFC C 2 - 1 City Rangers

WFC carried most the play went up 2 nil 1st half. We did well in the 2nd half to fight back with a goal and almost pulling out a tie.

If that is the team WFC is going to field in the div2 cup, I would say there heavy favorites. Unlikley though as alot of them where 1st team players.

Good match indeed and full credit to City for playing the full 90 minutes. It was probably the paciest 2Cat game i've seen in 2 years.

Altho 2-1 flattered them ;)

and just so you know only 3 guys out there werent signed to the 2Cat team for thje cup...and we were missing 4 regulars who are quality guys. Thanks for the nod though. It's not going to be easy going up against a quality div 2 side in the cup after all the shite we played against in the league this year. Sort it Willy!

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
WFC C 2 - 1 City Rangers

It was in fact a good game. City did well to almost tie up late in the second. We did have a few guys from the first team much like you guys did but that's the sign of a strong club system. It is a shame they are not taking the top 2 from each CAT side. Good luck the rest of the way.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Persopolis was pershitolis last week..

A true master with words.......;)

The embarrasing thing is there are even worse teams in this div.

oh and before i forget Alikira tried his damnedest to sewer us again and ended up reffing a pretty good game ;)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
It was in fact a good game. City did well to almost tie up late in the second. We did have a few guys from the first team much like you guys did but that's the sign of a strong club system. It is a shame they are not taking the top 2 from each CAT side. Good luck the rest of the way.

Actually, 2 from each CAT side are in the cup...

16 teams made up of 4 from each of 2A/2B/2C + 2 from each of 2CAT A/B

or do you know something I don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0