Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Dec-Jan, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onto UBC and a chance to clinch the "A" side next game.

Or have Hrvat draw with Yaletown.:wa:

A side is now decided, and the b side looks all but decided with Bombastic in the lead by the bunch. the C side is up for grabs with 3 teams in the hunt.

Unfortunately the playoff setup will be decided after all three sides are finished. We have one league game left while those in side c have 3 or 4. Could be a long layoff depending on how the cup goes.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or have Hrvat draw with Yaletown.:wa:
Pretty scrappy affair, and neither side was very happy with the official at various times. The clincher came two minutes from time when we scored the winning goal and he called it back for a phantom offside. While I am always very generous to the officials due to their lack of linesman, this call was absolutely atrocious. It was the eighth (8!) goal we've had called back this season, which is pretty crippling over 16 games. A couple of those were justified and a few weren't all that important, but a few others have been complete horseshit and game-changing goals, like today and the first one we scored against Norvan in the first game. *rant over*

That said, Rangers had a pretty comfortable second half to their season and took care of business, while we dropped points in a couple of scrappy matches. Good luck to them in the promo playoffs, and good luck to everyone in the Cup.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
they will never call 'em good in div2 oggy, get used to it, it gets a bit better in div1, as for you offside, well, how about the one we scored which should have, could have been a advantage but called the goal back cuz of the foul, or the offside on me in the first 10 mins when at least from my point of view, was lined with your D...no point to get frustrated, just gonna have to up it next season, thats all, as far as the scrappy game, i would say it was due to the frozen legs on the field..hell i couldn't feel my toes by the half time....good game over all, some good plays either way

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
good game over all, some good plays either way
It was definitely hard-fought by both sides. Your sweeper is a very good addition, and your keeper made a couple of outstanding saves. There was definitely a lot of physical play both ways, but nothing really cheap or dangerous. I thought the straight red was a bit harsh- a second yellow would've been sufficient.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with the red, i thought the elbow in my head was a lot more dangerous, my head is still ringing right now, yeah, its good to have a back up keeper now, gives me a chance to go out for a run and get back in shape

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Bombastic and Rangers on achieving promotion status from 2A and B. Too bad for the Goo boys who could have jumped into the top half of 2C had they swept their games against Lomas and Unicorns. I must say that I am disappointed with PCOV for not even showing up and trying against GN. It seems that there is always one or two teams who wuss out and pack it in at this time of year. I had hoped that this type of problem was taken care of by the creation of division 3. It does not, however, change the fact that we must win out to finish on top. A very tall order considering the last four are against GN, the always pesky Goo Boys, and a home and home with the Greenies. Great drama to complete the season.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations, Blaze on helping get the troops back up to Division One.

:)

The proverbial kiss of death? There is a promo playoff to be played still Captain. Only 2 teams move up.

Dr. J please stop refering to that team as PCOV. The real PCOV is in the A group and wouldn't have forfeited.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations, Blaze on helping get the troops back up to Division One.

:)

Still work to do (promotion playoff) but pretty proud of the 16 games with no loss streak right now. We started poorly as we did not have all our guys available until mid september but since then we have played for the most part pretty well. Grinded out a few wins when we were pretty awful on the day. Finally almost healthy, with the exception of DITH ( who's body is 104 years old) and few guys who have been playing through the usual pain threshhold.

Happy to say we have had the whole club involved in the A team games as we have had 16 B and u21 guys dress and play some time for the A team. With injuries and work commitments it is imperative to have a club system to help bolster the troops and have a steady stream of new younger players coming through. I think it is important to stress the advantage of having feeder teams/players as i think bonefish among others can attest to. Our Relegation season from Div 1 we were dying to get players out to some games and the addition of the u21's is paying dividends now. While none of them start for the club they are valuable to have around when guys are hurt or unavailable. I know that next year i would think we will have 3 or 4 of those guys in our A group squad for every week. And the their is a core of 7 or 8 of them who, with some more seasoning will form a fine nucleus to an A squad 3 or 4 years down the road. ( after a bunch of our current core have jumped ship to play Masters)

Interested to see how the C side ends up as there is a bunch of games that are important over there to be played. The Knights with the big hammer to play as they play 3 of their last 4 against the teams ahead of them.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy to say we have had the whole club involved in the A team games as we have had 16 B and u21 guys dress and play some time for the A team. With injuries and work commitments it is imperative to have a club system to help bolster the troops and have a steady stream of new younger players coming through. I think it is important to stress the advantage of having feeder teams/players as i think bonefish among others can attest to.
That depth was definitely key this year, and makes you guys more suited to Div. 1 than anyone else in 2A. Of course, the biggest adjustment in Div. 1 will be that the other teams will be making the trip to Ladner with more than 8 guys ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am still not sure why they forfeited their home game and then came to Ladner with only 8 guys.

Nice of them though. We are able to save our energy into breaking in our new waitress at the Landing. Nothing better than rolling in their 11pmish and seeing some <ahem> 19 year olds get booted from 2 tables to make room for us. Especially considering i sat by myself for 10 minutes with 2 tables, 12 chairs and 5 pitchers. One of the little turds even tried to stare me down and act all tough when i first got there, little tosser was probably drinking Smirnoff. I am sure he appreciated the pitcher of water i sent over for him. :D The guy made ALi G look hard.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 5 - 3 Bosna
Game was closer than it needed to be. Norvan, after a couple of tough weeks with roster issues finally started a game with 11 and subs on the sideline. For the first 35 mins it was mostly one way traffic as we were winning all the 50/50's and Bosna did not seem to interested in pushing hard down the field. With all that pressure and no goals to show, something bad usually tends to happen and with under 10 left in the half, Bosna take advantage of a passback gone wrong and get a clear break. Our keeper was frozen to his goal line literally and figuratively and the ball finds the back of the net. Half-time down 1 nil, the heads are all up given the chances and the hustle that people were putting forth. A couple subs at halftime and we are back on the frosty turf and find a Bosna team that has a bit more confidence and begin to play with more tenancity and get some more posession. We take a few mins to get back in the groove and hit paydirt after some gritty work low in the 18 we get a turnover and the ball is dribbled out and passed square and slotted home. We get a second goal about 5 min later, I believe on a throw that is headed once and then volleyed with a vengance just under the bar. Just as we think were good with cruise control and A/C, Bosna still with grit and game get a quick play down the wing after a turnover and knot the game up at doubles, not to be outdone, after some good outside play we get a ball crossed through the middle and a one time volley takes us back up. With about 20min to play things start getting testy with some poor tackles. Bosna are not done yet and get some numbers forward and a ball played across the top of the 18 his hammered nicely far post. The jubilation on the Bosna Sideline(They have a populous and hardy fan base given the sub zero temperatures) is deep sixed when we take the lead yet again on another one time shot. With the game in the final 10min, Bosna get called for a foul in the box after one of our players gets a little close to their keeper on a run in. A Bosna defender delivers a shoulder too him for his efforts and the foul being in the box goes to the spot. After 3mins of protests we finally get to kick the ball and it is driven low to the corner and is uncontested. Bosna continued to work hard but the 2 goal cushion was a back breaker. They have 3 very skilled players but do not play as a team for 90mins. It was an enjoyable game given the scoreline but had we finished our dinner in the first half the game would have been much different.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army, I meant the harder version of Ali G.
By the way B.A., if Dale Bowling is the brother of your striker have him contact me. We used to work together at the Deas Pacific refit facility. I still have have his secret "alternative lifestyle" video. My email is jay@vanasep.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0