Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
so there is no conspiracy in the government?......and the US are friends of the world.....like i said, i'm sure there is sumtin but not nothing huge. who knows, as long as i don't get red cards or anyone from my team......I JUST DON'T CARE

Conspiracy is a strong word. I said "cash-grab" but didn't mean to suggest that it was conspiratorial. I mean, the fines are all posted on the website so there's nothing secret about it. Look at the numbers. There's over 70 players currently listed owing somewhere around $1500. Average that out to about $20 a head. I guess it's not that much of a cash-grab after all. On the plus-side, I'll probably get some midfield time since three of our four starting mids got the reds. And I'm sure there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq - they just haven't found them yet...

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahaha, I guess there is a good thing in all of this, we have solved all the worlds issues, also we resolved personal issues ie. gettin in shape due to our better players gettin red cards........in my case, i've learned nothing since i am the best bench warmer on this planet.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
The ref acted like a deaf-mute when I brought my arguments to him at half-time and I'm sure the guys at the league office wouldn't listen to me either. My objections are this: Even though our players retaliated it was in the refs discretion to give yellows
5back,

Of course the ref acted like a deaf-mute....why would he want to get in an argument with you when what he says goes, at least for that particular game. It's too bad that so many refs in Div2 get swayed by yappy players, fans, etc, but that guy didn't let himself get affected.

In terms of a red or yellow card, I guess it's the distinction between "dangerous foul play and violent action" and "unsporting behaviour" and that is always ref's discretion. I'm inclined to think that the 3 cards leaned more towards the former than the latter but I know you don't agree with me on that. There's definitely been times when I've thought in other games that players got away with wayyy too much (even our own guys at times) so personally I was refreshed to see it called the way it was. I just think it was unfortunate that you guys let the ref get the best of you after the first sending-off, as I thought that you played a spirited game and a couple of dumb useless challenges cost you 3 players for the rest of that game and a couple more.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmmmmm seems rather quiet in here.....................echo echooooo echoooooooo echooooooooooooooooooooo

zzzzzzzzzzZZZzZZZzZZZzZZZZZZZZzzZZzZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
hahahaha, I guess there is a good thing in all of this, we have solved all the worlds issues, also we resolved personal issues ie. gettin in shape due to our better players gettin red cards........in my case, i've learned nothing since i am the best bench warmer on this planet.

My personal feeling right now is that when you can't put together a winning season in vmsl div.2, then world issues should be left alone.
As far as getting in shape, playing on the backline on the C-men will do it. We get run ragged almost every game. What are the odds that fields will be open this weekend?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
What are the odds that fields will be open this weekend?

We'll have to consult an oracle on this one. Or perhaps our resident bookie Yomama, in consultation with our local weatherman Bonefish, can provide us with the odds. That is, if he can tear himself away from America's Next Top Model, Return To The Runway.

If the games do get played someone had better wake FCbytca up. Who is going to keep the bench warm for NK's players in this cold weather if he's asleep at the computer?

Whatever happened to Georgie's Best? Ever since George Best passed away he (Georgie not, er, George) has disappeared. Maybe he watched Lord Of The Rings and left to chase down Sauron's evil snatch in the sky? No one really thought it was an eye did they? I mean, it was obviously a huge, pulsating twat.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
...our resident bookie Yomama, in consultation with our local weatherman Bonefish, can provide us with the odds. That is, if he can tear himself away from America's Next Top Model, Return To The Runway.

It was tough but thanks to Picture in Picture mode on the old TV set, I was able to split up the evening watching Top Model and The Victoria Secret Show... :D

Chances are that 1/3 to 1/2 of games will get played on those fields that always seem to be open. Hastings Bowl(5thBack) will probably be closed. Adanac(FCBytca) has a chance at being open.

..and the weather... :cool:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A Predictions (9 for 10 in the last 2 weekends...including two ties)

Cleos vs Firefighters - this has tie written all over it.

Belmont vs Maplewood - after last game's uncharacteristic stumble against lowly WV I expect Belmont to get back to the win column.

West Van vs Aryana - Aryana seems to be able to score goals but also seems good up giving up a ton. I'll go with 5-4 Aryana.

Bosna vs City FC - a tie between two terrible teams.

Burnaby vs Signmaster - I predict postponed ;) Looks like there will be plenty of games at the end of the season involving the top 3 teams - Signmaster, Burnaby and Belmont. Could make for an interesting finish with everyone fighting for second place :D

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow if anyone is watching the wc draw.........since when is Budweiser the official beer of the world cup??? f0(k only in america, damn idiots.......

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
We'll have to consult an oracle on this one. Or perhaps our resident bookie Yomama, in consultation with our local weatherman Bonefish, can provide us with the odds. That is, if he can tear himself away from America's Next Top Model, Return To The Runway.

If the games do get played someone had better wake FCbytca up. Who is going to keep the bench warm for NK's players in this cold weather if he's asleep at the computer?

Whatever happened to Georgie's Best? Ever since George Best passed away he (Georgie not, er, George) has disappeared. Maybe he watched Lord Of The Rings and left to chase down Sauron's evil snatch in the sky? No one really thought it was an eye did they? I mean, it was obviously a huge, pulsating twat.
He's in Aruba or some fcuking warm and beautiful place...no, not that one :p

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw the Primo/Green devilletes game today. easy game for Primos who don't look very good. We will rock them again when we play them next. As per GD, they looked like a done steak!!!! we'll role them up and smoke them in our games left with them. Honestly, there is no one that can put a decent challange in this side. Primo, pretenders on their best day, and GD the ship is sinking boys, get off!!!!

gotta go get some sleep now, we have some unfinished business with the Knights tomorrow...

undefeated baby...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny, you guys (NK) must have a whole new team, because last I saw you were a lot of weight challenged boys who had to rely on absolute shite pitches and ineligible players to get by. What's your ancient chinese secret? Or is it that you did some science of your own...........instead of splitting the atom......you decided to split Watchers arse 10 fold and actually found some talent?................I'm confused.(as always) All kidding aside, was it because you had a new coach?

C'mon Westside!!! :D

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny, you guys (NK) must have a whole new team, because last I saw you were a lot of weight challenged boys who had to rely on absolute shite pitches and ineligible players to get by.
When was that? When we knocked you out of the cup last year? You guys must be pretty awful to lose to a bunch of fatties.

Same coach and pretty much the same team, as has been said. The starting core hasn't even necessarily seen an improvement, but now there's more consistency (ie, dedication) and depth.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's face it boys... this is crap soccer and there is only one team that doesn't belong is us, NK... The record speaks for itself and we still have a couple of lippy teams to shut up before the season is over. Just think guys, this time next year, you'll be watching us from the basement again,

gotta get me some knights lunch, I mean nice lunch :wa:

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK (4 - 1) Knights

Sloppy first half with an NK team out of sync with each other, but we still managed two goals. Second half saw a better performance by NK, which potted in two more but could have scored even more. Knights could have used fresh legs in the second but their depleted ranks meant only one sub to relieve their tired bunch. A lot of whining for offsides and fouls by the Knights, but the ref called it fair with the majority of yellows being handed to NK. There were some ugly, late tackles commited by both teams...in the end, NK still has the Knights number. :p

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so here is the summary for the NK game. So the train wins yet again, 4:1, should have been like freaken 10:0, yeah you heard, no matter what the Knights will say, the goal they scored wuz a luck on our defence f..k up. Anyways, they put up the good fight for the first 20 odd minutes, than they just couldn't keep up.

And yaaaaaaay I didn't get to warm the bench. *tears in the eye*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0