Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way Bonefish, care to shed some light on last weekend's match with Richmond? You guys finally decide not to tie?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In our 2nd match of the year,(Our first a 6-0W) Richmond suited up on their home field with just 11 players. The pitch at Honda field leaves much to be desired in the best of times and on this particular day it was soft, knotted, and slick all at the same time. Despite our passing problems in the first half, we controlled most of the play in a scoreless first half that did have opportunities for both sides. 2nd half saw the RC side begin to tire and our first goal swung the door open and aside from a few counters the traffic was 80% in the direction of their goal. 2nd goal came of a pass from a corner which RC allowed us to dribble out to the top of the 18 and some Div 2 quality(with a capital Q) misses left the score deservedly at 2-0. Richmond have some talented players and TS's will, but they have not recoverd from the SP defection a couple seasons back.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
I'm sorry but I have read through all the posts in this thread and the only thing popping is your ears with your head up in the clouds like it is. Not sure if your new to NK or just new to TTP but our teams have had a few seasons worth of matches and the difference between the teams is not as great as your delusions may have led you to believe. The level of smack-talk coming from your camp and more specifically, you is 3/4's past tired and is only making the bulls eye and your plate of crow-pie bigger.
Looking forward to our match and better yet, you posting with a new name.

You don't have to wait too long to see it boys. Less than a week!!!!! The bad news for you is that the game won't be cancelled for weather, so you don't get a break from playing us. You should be happy with the 2-0 predition, I think I was kind to you guys... Don't care about where the train has been years ago, this year, everyone knows where we're going and no, don't have room for any pretenders from other teams wanting to join the camp... 6 sleeps JB's...:bronco:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
NK ---- JB Preview

JB popping off that they will take care of the train. Come on!!!!!! do you really think so. look at the games we've played adn the asses we kicked. yours is just another stop for the train destined to Div 1.

I expect a good game fron JB, will still beat them 2-0

keep watching boys, the undefeated season continues.

This looks like the key ingredient for the start of a losing streak. Although as an NK alumni I like to see them win and wish them the best, I would be happier - as one who bore the beautiful black kit at one time - to see them win with character and respect for their opponents. Nobody wins forever, it is only a matter of time before a bad game is inevitable.

so my encouragement to the young lads who post and pop off with little respect, is to keep it down to earth and treat others with respect as it will go easier on you when the time comes for a loss.

PS: change your handle before yomama slaps you upside the head for jinxing the team and costing them the season.

the manager

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[quote='Rza' Ruddock]Congrats to Bombastic on their win over Kosova. There has been talk all season about how Kosova are the only team that can rival SPH at the top of Div 2C. We (YFC) have beaten Kosova twice this season and now Bombastic have beaten them as well. Kosova have been beating the bottom teams 6-0 all season but choke when when they occasionally play a top team and have yet to play SPH at all yet. That said, Kosova's current fourth place standing in Div 2C isn't a huge suprise at all.[/quote]

I've been away for three weeks now can anyone enlighten me on what happened in the Kosova hearing if anything at all as of yet?????

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
I've been away for three weeks now can anyone enlighten me on what happened in the Kosova hearing if anything at all as of yet?????

John showed up and asked if he could have a couple of cold beers from the Kosavo cooler :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, slow down guys. Don't everyone post at once.:rolleyes:

Georgie, I think there were a couple of two or three game suspensions and one indefinite/lifetime suspension. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Manager, how are things in dairyland? You guys play footy in gumboots out there or what?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way Manager, your sentiments are well thought out but we don't really need the NK lads to totally tone things down do we? There's already too many teams scared to stir the pot for fear it may came back to bite them. For example, where's Vinnie been? Obviously he's scared poohless to post. Although it could be 'cause he knows I will bring up things like the fact he has his wife shave his back hair prior to games to make him more aerodynamic. Whatever.

I have no affiliation, other than my unrequited love for Roy Keane, so I'll throw a few rumours out there. First of all, word on the street is the Green Devils have lost three of their latino players, drastically reducing their skill level and effectiveness. Second, the JB's have finally got a goalkeeper but he's the smallest guy on the team. Well, Cliff Avenue ran the table a few years back with a midget goalie but I'm not sure it's the way to go. Thirdly, Primos have signed another striker in hopes of ramping up goal production. Fourthly, Socceroos has put his strike force on a diet as they really do look fat in their pants and it was harming their pulling power at the pub. Fifth of all, my right leg is 1 cm shorter than my left which obviously explains any sitters/glorious opportunities I may have missed over the years, Bonefish.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

I knew there was something, cause on paper, your size 8 feet should be able to find the sweet spot on the round ball better than my size 12's. I know I miss the net more often than not but for timely(game deciding) misses I think you got me... :D
NK still have control of their destiny but it is the Primos that acutally have the best chance with just 1 game vs NK where as Hrvat must play us twice, Primos and the GD's twice. Still lots of soccer left and some entertaining matches to be played.

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish is right on the money! NK still has a lot of tough games and after playing the JBs at home, I have to say that I think NK will lose at least one of their 2 games to these guys. JBs are fcuking enormous and on a cold, miserable night they are going to screw NK up the arse. NK are quite a small team and they will have a tough time with JBs and Green Devils. Primos also have some tough games (2 vs. Nomads and 1 vs. NK) but overall NK has the tougher schedule. I have a feeling it will come down to the game they have against each other!

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
boys, boys, boys...

the name says it all. we know we won't win the league until we beat up on all the teams you mentioned. and we will...

I am not trying to disrespect anyone, i am stating facts. We are more superior to anyone in the league on the soccer pitch. that's it. we're not better people, or anything else, just better team.

so take a chill pill and enjoy watching the train go for a ride. who cares that JB is big, it's a longer way down for the bigger boys and they simply cant keep up with us.

4 MORE SLEEPS...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
boys, boys, boys...

the name says it all. we know we won't win the league until we beat up on all the teams you mentioned. and we will...

I am not trying to disrespect anyone, i am stating facts. We are more superior to anyone in the league on the soccer pitch. that's it. we're not better people, or anything else, just better team.

so take a chill pill and enjoy watching the train go for a ride. who cares that JB is big, it's a longer way down for the bigger boys and they simply cant keep up with us.

4 MORE SLEEPS...

This is your F-ing fault bandcamonlypostswhenhewins

WANKER!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

Vinnie is awol due to the fact he's now changing 2 chitty diapers instead of just one, with an addition to his family coming either today or tomorrow if memory serves me correct.

As well, I would be shocked if the JBs didn't manage to take points off NK. Their size alone is impressive, but they also have guys who can finish and a keeper who seems quite good.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher loves all the speculation about NK's remaining games. It is true that the toughest part of our schedule appears to be ahead of us. To compound matters our whole defence, sweeper(radek) stopper(yomama) fullbacks(Warlock and Hags) are all going to miss Monday nights big tilt with the JB's. In the past this would be a terrible tradgedy but with the Train's present depth it is not even really considering much worry. The coach is extremely confident in his charges and we have the drive not to disappoint him. This should be a great game and The Watcher only hopes it will be clean and freindly exhibition of sportsmanship in which the better team on the night gets the hard fought points.
Love Watcher

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
To compound matters our whole defence, sweeper(radek) stopper(yomama) fullbacks(Warlock and Hags) are all going to miss Monday nights big tilt with the JB's.Love Watcher

Nice 'non excuse' watcher :)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
The Watcher loves all the speculation about NK's remaining games. It is true that the toughest part of our schedule appears to be ahead of us. To compound matters our whole defence, sweeper(radek) stopper(yomama) fullbacks(Warlock and Hags) are all going to miss Monday nights big tilt with the JB's. In the past this would be a terrible tradgedy but with the Train's present depth it is not even really considering much worry. The coach is extremely confident in his charges and we have the drive not to disappoint him. This should be a great game and The Watcher only hopes it will be clean and freindly exhibition of sportsmanship in which the better team on the night gets the hard fought points.
Love Watcher

Watcher, thanks for using the bold letters to highlight the missing players and even using it to highlight the generic term, coach, and yourself as well. It made reading your post very enjoyable. I would write more but I have to go walk the dog and run some errands.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No execuses... 2-0 NK win... take it to the bank...

it doesn't matter who is there and who isn't. We can field all of our subs and will still beat the "big" JB. "big" would help you if you're playing Baskedball guys. Unfortunately, for the rest of the league, this is soccer and the record says it all...

3 more sleeps :knvb:

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forecast says 80% chance of precipitation on Monday night, and possibly snow. Good news for me as I am hating the league for scheduling a game this late in December. Who the fcuk plays soccer in -1 celcius anyway? If the game happens then I predict an NK win and about seven pulled hammies. And if the forecast is correct, I predict Mickster getting sacked again by me in the make-up game next year. :p

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Who the fcuk plays soccer in -1 celcius anyway?

In Russia this is beach weather. Those nutters play on fully frozen fields with a fluorescent ball. That is dedication. Anyway, I was supposed to go drinking with the mates on Monday night but I think I but be able to convince the boys to have a few beers at Confederation Park while catching some of the action. I'd imagine there will be some other interested people, such as the Primos, there too. My advice for Watcher is not to bother trying to win headers against Steve in the JB's backline. There's not a hope in hell of winnng that battle and if he falls on you? Well, even the Watcher would be two-dimensional, i.e. flat as a pancake, after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0