Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Well...Primos representatives have not posted in some time. Now that I think of it, it would seem that the end of the room became quiet at our about the time they began to drop points. As far as NK goes, I sense they are clenching their collective cheeks tightly as the all important match vs Primos gets closer and closer. I would like to check out the game but it will be a spur of the moment decision. Hoping for a tie for selfish reasons but the result is up in the air.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Train never seems to post before a big game. Perhaps you should ask FCBycta if he's made any incredibly unbelievably amazingly stupendous saves during training this week. That might pick things up a bit.

Don't forget his props, though.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

heh, can't say i have, i haven't practiced for the last 3 weeks :( I should come to this weeks though, as far as the game goes.......I can't say anything but its do or die not only for us, but with a win we give hope to the other 2 behind us. So I rather give a chance to everyone.
By the way does anyone know if the turf is new or is it the good ol' andy livingston type??

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Perhaps I might drop by if it is not too rainy or windy. It will also depend whether I am too drunk, hung over, sleeping, incarcerated, golfing etc... By the way, what do you guys stock your beer coolers with ? Imported tall boys work best to help wash down all that rhubarb crisp that I have been eating lately.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cariboo is just like Burnaby Lake but with a track around it.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just looking at the 2B standings, things could still get really interesting in the promo race. If the JB's win their remaining 4 games (incl. 1 against NK), and NK wins their other three games, but ties Primo, then JBs and Primo will be tied for first with NK one point out of it. Sounds like it might take a little bit of luck, but it's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Personally, I hope it happens, and JBs actually get a chance to move to div 1 where they should've been for many years now.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TS said:
Just and JBs actually get a chance to move to div 1 where they should've been for many years now.
Change that should to could. Had we played to our potential definitely but we didn't...so, I don't think we deserved it. We have had the personnel that could compete middle of the pack-ish but our failure to get out of Div 2 is purely our own fault and raises some questions on whether we should be out. Take this season. A tie vs the Unicorns. A tie vs Primo's with chances to take 3 pts. A loss to the Nomads in a game that we should have been able to win. That is 7pts squandered that would have given us promotion hands down. Our typical slow start to each year may be solved this summer as we are planning to have our whole team play together in the NSSL. If promotion eludes us once again, I think next season may be the one that sees us solve the puzzle.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our typical slow start to each year may be solved this summer as we are planning to have our whole team play together in the NSSL.

Yeah, if you spend too much time in the Telus league, you get too used to keepers who make even strikers with back fat look good...:rolleyes:

:D

Trece

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ahhh the Telus league, lots of space, defenders with no pace...miss a sitter and there is no disgrace...that is the Telus league...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ahhh the Telus league, lots of space, defenders with no pace...miss a sitter and there is no disgrace...that is the Telus league...

...and yer arse is still parked in second place!!!:D

Trece

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rookie post, not sure if this is the right place to do it, but considering the fanatics in div 2b, maybe it is. The Green Devils have all their games on dvd, and we're thinking maybe other teams wouldn't mind having a gander at them. It may be a good way to compensate our loyal videographer for braving the cold and cranky gd's after a loss (too many this year). they're a good laugh, and brings the ego back to earth, something that may be very useful for some posters here....let me know...
:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I played ball-hockey a few years back on a team with some friends in Surrey. Yes, Surrey, so as you can imagine three-quarters of the team were camaro-driving rednecks. One of the boys used to record the games on his video camera and we'd all drink beers and watch it at his place afterwards and laugh our asses off at each other. When you're out there you think you're so shite hot but watching the replay is a big eye opener. The fights were by far the funniest though.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dapotayto said:
I played ball-hockey a few years back on a team with some friends in Surrey.
All these years I have pondered the origins of your affection for the mullet....

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

NK will be sure to once again record their cup victory!

"Take this season. A tie vs the Unicorns. A tie vs Primo's with chances to take 3 pts. A loss to the Nomads in a game that we should have been able to win. That is 7pts squandered that would have given us promotion hands down."

I think every team shares that perspective. Our ties against Richmond (heavily outplayed them) and the Nomads (up 2-0 against a team short one player) absolutely should have been wins. Granted those, we would have essentially clinched promotion. Not to mention the loss against the JBs where much of NK wasnt present. But every season comes with those games, particularly when you play in a division as competitive as ours. We cant all stroll to promotion like Sporting P

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 1 Yaletown 0
Well its official, we are promoted to Div.1. Yaletown put up a good fight, but never threatened our D-Line and their red card (Oggy):p didn't make it any easier for them. First year together and we're promoted to Div.1, couldn't ask for much more. Time to get pissed hammered; good luck to all that are still in the hunt for promo.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SPH 1 Yaletown 0

I concur with Sofa's comments. It was a gritty game and the red card didn't help yaletown. Promotion in first year together is a great accomplishment. Good luck to yfc the rest of the year.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 1 Yaletown 0
Well its official, we are promoted to Div.1. Yaletown put up a good fight, but never threatened our D-Line and their red card (Oggy):p didn't make it any easier for them. First year together and we're promoted to Div.1, couldn't ask for much more. Time to get pissed hammered; good luck to all that are still in the hunt for promo.
It was a good, hard match, and it would have been a lot nicer with a competent official. There were some shocking calls and non-calls (such as the offside resulting in the Punjab goal). The worst was definitely the official giving me a straight red card for saying "what the hell was that" after a two-footed lunge on our midfielder went unpunished. This is after a Punjab player received a yellow card for screaming "FCUK OFF!" right in the ref's face. In the end, Punjab finished their chance and we didn't finish any of ours, so good luck to them in div. 1 next year.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TS ..............................wishing NK a third place finish is not what I'd want to hear. But Your misplaced sentiment for the JB's is understood. Yes they were strong enough to have been close to promotion before. However I don't picture them playing Div. 1 for an entire season and remaining physically intact. They just don't seem to have a youth program. Then again TS neither do the Cougars. (do whats left of you guys still use that nickname). I guess an NK win tomorrow over the Primos would make all that great mathematics irrelevant (It took some time but I did the math). Tomorrows game should be quite a spectacle though. As was our first leg this year. It was by far the highest level of soccer played simultaneously by two teams on a pitch this year in a NK game. Hopefully you will be there to witness either the triumph or........ heaven forbid............ the devastation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0