Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Yomama! said:
FCBytca,

'Squeel out?' Did you mean squeek out or is this a 'Deliverance' reference? I'm hoping for the former. :D

Game too close to call for tomorrow but I'm going out on a limb for Sunday's match and predicting 1-0 win for NK Hrvat over the Rangers stingy defence.

Yes, a 1 - 0 win by default according to the excellent site. Kind of a cheap way to clinch but a win nonetheless.

MacReal

Oct 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

4-2 (0-1)

It was a cold wet game. C-men had 8 guys for the first 15, then 9, then 10 by the 35 minute mark.

We had 11 guys, and a sub who arrived at the half. Having 5 changes in the 2nd half was a big advantage.

C-men scored the only goal of the first half... and were out working us for most free balls. We had a good talk at the half and everyone agreed to work hard and earn our first win.

Our first goal came 5 minutes into the 2nd half, we had a shot at goal and it was stopped on the goal line by one of their defenders arms - the resulting free kick tied the game at 1-1. We took the lead 10 minutes later, before they tied it up at 2-2... We then took a 3-2 lead on a nice breakout goal...

the game was starting to get chippy... we got 1 yellow while they received 3 yellows and 1 red, the 1st yellow was for a incident involving a player who elbowed one of our guys in the face on a throw in... 15 minutes later he punched another guy in the face (more of a lunging punch than a wind-up) and was giving a red. On the way off the field he spit on the midfielder whom he had just fouled as I am sure words were exchanged between the two....

getting back to the game we added one more on an amazing shot by one of our newer younger guys... he beat their impressive centre back and crossed it from the right side over the goalie into the far corner.

C-men had a late scoring chance called off-side which could have made the last 5 minutes really interesting. I am not sure of the call as I was up field. But the reaction of C-Men was definitely not one of agreement. They were very frustrated in the last 30 minutes of the game with the Ref, and I am sure with the thought of being the first team to lose to us.

C-men play the off-side trap wonderfully and caught our forwards many times.

But today was our day… finally. We have 10 injured guys on our roster (including 5 of 6 strikers) and another 4 were out of town this weekend, it was hard to even get a full roster, but everyone really wanted to pull one out before the end of the year.

On to the YT guys tomorrow, with low numbers and back to back games with nothing to prove it could make for a fun day....

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

MacReal said:
4-2 (0-1)

It was a cold wet game. C-men had 8 guys for the first 15, then 9, then 10 by the 35 minute mark.

We had 11 guys, and a sub who arrived at the half. Having 5 changes in the 2nd half was a big advantage.

C-men scored the only goal of the first half... and were out working us for most free balls. We had a good talk at the half and everyone agreed to work hard and earn our first win.
Congrats! I've seen quite a few of your games, and I have to say you've got one of the most sporting teams in the league. I'm surprised you even picked up a yellow card. C-Men, on the other hand, can be a bit volatile, especially their skilled South American midfielders. Three of them were sent off for stupid shite against us in November, and I'm assuming that the guy who threw the elbow was one of the same guys.
I'm happy to see you guys notch the win, since there have been a couple of games I've seen in which you were very unfortunate not to get a result, like your second game against the Roos.
See you at tomorrow at Kensington for the grand finale...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

NK 3 Green Devils 0
A very good game that saw the Greenies squander some beautiful chances early on much to the chagrin of the Primos who were out in full force to cheer against NK. This squandering proved to be fatal as playing to long on the tracks usually does. The good train steamed three through and then matched the Greenies three blatant misses. The Primos moped across the field during the final handshake with four starbucks ventis in hand. No congrats not even a response to attempted conversation. Just some miserable incoherent grunts. I guess the nice guys stuff was all an act. Div one, Div two cup and provincial championship here we come.
PS the turf at point grey school is very nice to play on.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah I'm sure the Primos were ecstatic at the fact you guys won :p

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to the Sporting Punjab Hurricanes who finished 18-0. We were told that we were the first club to have reached this milestone as Cliff Avenue came close a few years back with 17 wins and 1 tie. It was another good night of hanging around with the boys after the game, except for the fact that he waitress cut us off:mad: . Cheers to all the teams in 2C who put up some good games and especially to Real MacDonald who won their first ever match (a good bunch of guys). It looks like 2B and 2C are sealed and 2A is wide open with Signmaster choking on their last 3 games. Almost puts a tear in my eye to say good-bye to the Div.2 thread.;)

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Green devils/NK game was a good game to play in, watcher is right, it was a good game and GD squandered some very good early chances early which might have changed the outcome of the game obviously. However, playing with 11 guys and a sick striker in net wasn't going to help anything. NK finished the chances they had nicely, and GD didn't. GD didn't feel too sorry for the Primos after all the taunting and in your face stuff we experienced the first meeting of the season, after a lucky 90th minute win. Besides watcher, and some other NK idiots posting here, i'm sure there's some class guys on NK who deserve a congratulations, cheers to them.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Roos 3 Bombastic 1...the Excellent Site is reporting it as 2:1....
Bombastic was never in it ....all it took was 10 hard working Roos to get the job done.
Congratulations to the Real Mac Clowns for their first win, .... They are a hard working quality bunch of guys..... Fletch is making history after all, and it is not related to Wreck Beach, or some other acts of indecent exposure.....enjoy Brother...better you than Me.
My prediction for tomorrow....Roos 6: Semen 0

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
Congrats to the Sporting Punjab Hurricanes who finished 18-0. We were told that we were the first club to have reached this milestone as Cliff Avenue came close a few years back with 17 wins and 1 tie.

They didn't win the cup either. :D:bronco: :knvb: :wa:

I blame myself for the tie as well. We had them and i went in for injured keeper and they scored 2 in 15 minutes at Burnaby Lake.:(

Congrats on your outstanding season.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
Congrats to the Sporting Punjab Hurricanes who finished 18-0. We were told that we were the first club to have reached this milestone as Cliff Avenue came close a few years back with 17 wins and 1 tie. It was another good night of hanging around with the boys after the game, except for the fact that he waitress cut us off:mad: . Cheers to all the teams in 2C who put up some good games and especially to Real MacDonald who won their first ever match (a good bunch of guys). It looks like 2B and 2C are sealed and 2A is wide open with Signmaster choking on their last 3 games. Almost puts a tear in my eye to say good-bye to the Div.2 thread.;)
Congratulations -- it's an accomplishment in any division.

Now, what's the Vegas-line on your first loss in Div.1? :)

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
It looks like 2B and 2C are sealed and 2A is wide open with Signmaster choking on their last 3 games. Almost puts a tear in my eye to say good-bye to the Div.2 thread.;)

NK still has to play Douglas Park. . .a win or tie would see us through. I'm confident that we'll beat them, that's if we ever get to play them. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yomama! said:
NK still has to play Douglas Park. . .a win or tie would see us through. I'm confident that we'll beat them, that's if we ever get to play them. :rolleyes:

You won't be playing them according to the site....

2 B
Douglas Pk. Rangers
NK Hrvat
Kensington North
0-1 D

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm talking about our last game of the season against them....probably next weekend. Unless we play the Knights in semi final action.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Evergreen.
Is there really any need to be calling me names? It can't be because of my on field antics. You have just witnessed that all of NK to a man are true blue first class competitors. Is it because of my posts? If so you have my sincerest apologies and I will try to do better to appease you in the future. Although we will be in different threads next year.
Good luck

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

"NK finished the chances they had nicely, and GD didn't."

NK missed several close chances in the second half. I remember these clearly since at least three were my own! The first half was another story, though, yeah. For the first while the game could have gone either way. But nice finishing by NK.

The Point Grey pitch is fantastic. Best turf I've played on.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congratulations to nk,i think that just because there are a couple of idiots who come on here posting crap looking for attention ,gives nk an unfair reputation.There seemed to be a lot of decent guys on the team.

On the match,bad finishing let us down and showed why we finished where we did this season. We dominated the first half much like the earlier game this season but couldnt finish. Unfortunately before the game we were down one of our irish players before the game due to suspension and the other was badly sick but respect to him for coming out and making up the numbers in goal.

I think che the fact that evergreen was trying to point out is that we could have easily been 3-0 up after 20mins and we could have just defended for the rest of the game. NK are a solid all round team,big squad with no star players although the bald guy in centre mid looked a step above nearly everyone else.Organisation and consistency was the key to winning the league.
The only remaining comment i will leave is that maybe the people on here could have done it with a little more class but then i guess these people all ready know that

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Norvan JB's 2 Westside Knights 2

Norvan wasn't very motivated after last weeks loss that put us out of the promo race. Started with 9, thankfully Mickster decided to show to give us 10. Always fun playing the Knights. They were robbed early on as the ball appeared to be just over the line, but the quick hands of our "backup to the backup" keeper fooled the ref. Knights scored two against the play. Norvan's pride a little hurt battled back for two.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey!! how about " that NK keeper did some nice work there!" ??? no, ok, maybe i didn't, however pssssst I would like to see some of the Greenies on our team, i like the style of their play........i mean it! and i'm a little drunk,. but those irish guys are pretty good, especially that blond/red head guy that plays left mid, consistantly great player

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to the Watcher and NK on securing promotion to Div 1. Like DA mentioned, there were a couple Nkers (muppets) on TTP that showed little class and respect towards the rest of us, but that is an unfair representation of the whole team. The ones I've met have been good guys. Best of luck in the cup semis and in div 1 next year.

TS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCbytca said:
hey!! how about " that NK keeper did some nice work there!" ??? no, ok, maybe i didn't, however pssssst I would like to see some of the Greenies on our team, i like the style of their play........i mean it! and i'm a little drunk,. but those irish guys are pretty good, especially that blond/red head guy that plays left mid, consistantly great player

We need to get these Irish guys for Club Ireland.......:D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0