Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the 2005/2006 Div 2 regular season nears its end. There are still some entertaining matches to be played and some promotion drama to unfold. Some highlights:

Will SPH remain undefeated?
Will Signmaster defer promotion again?
Will the GreenDevil anger over TTP banter spell doom for NK?
Will the Primo's continue their slide and open the door for the JB's?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Some good questions Bonefish. Personally, I would guess that:

1) Yes, SPH will run the table.
2) Yes, Signmaster will again defer promotion.
3) No, both teams will play fair.
4) Hard to say, hard to say. Even harder to say than "Socceroos sucks sacks on sidelines Sunday" ten times fast.

What does everyone else think? For Christ's sake, Bonefish types with one finger. It took him fifteen minutes to type out this thread. Let's honour his effort with some answers.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've seen Sporting Punjab Hurricanes play a few times this year and they are probably the best team in Div.2. They have improved drastically from their first year, which was last year and got rid of the rift raft. They got a couple of guys that could keep up with any Kenyan marathon runner, guys who could hit, guys with leadership and guys who can play. They have the ultimate mix. Which brings my question: what the fukc happened to the Richmond FC Cougars. It sees like they are the old boys club and now they are paying for it. I know a lot of guys parted for one reason or another (not my business, but I would like to know), but they were in shambles last year and this year they even suck more.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shriner said:
I've seen Sporting Punjab Hurricanes play a few times this year and they are probably the best team in Div.2. They have improved drastically from their first year, which was last year and got rid of the rift raft. They got a couple of guys that could keep up with any Kenyan marathon runner, guys who could hit, guys with leadership and guys who can play. They have the ultimate mix. Which brings my question: what the fukc happened to the Richmond FC Cougars. It sees like they are the old boys club and now they are paying for it. I know a lot of guys parted for one reason or another (not my business, but I would like to know), but they were in shambles last year and this year they even suck more.

Thank-you my tricyle riding friend. We have improved drastically. We have a bunch of guys that get along on and off the field and we have team discipline, which does wonders. We went through some growing pains last year and made the necessary changes to contend for promotion.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shriner said:
I've seen Sporting Punjab Hurricanes play a few times this year and they are probably the best team in Div.2. They have improved drastically from their first year, which was last year and got rid of the rift raft. They got a couple of guys that could keep up with any Kenyan marathon runner, guys who could hit, guys with leadership and guys who can play. They have the ultimate mix.

We assembled a group that gets along and is on the same page. Everyone plays for each other rather than themselves. And shriner is right - it's a great mix - a little bit of everything without the negative energy.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You "Fellas" sound very close..........how close?

:D

Figo76

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

what the fukc happened to the Richmond FC Cougars. It sees like they are the old boys club and now they are paying for it. I know a lot of guys parted for one reason or another (not my business, but I would like to know), but they were in shambles last year and this year they even suck more.[/QUOTE]

What happened to Richmond is a good question. I guess a bit of everything. Number ONE is mis-management. I can't say it was the greatest. Number TWO is some players started not give a fcuk and quit earlier in the season. Number THREE is we had 8 solid players that held the team the whole season. We were lucky enough to get 11 to a game. We have a lot of thinking to do whether we are going to be around next year. If this same shite happens, you can count me out of next season although I'd like to see us stay together. One things for sure that if we do stay together, they'll be at least 8 new players added to the roster (if we can find them somewhere!)and the ones that decided to abandon us during the season can watch from the side-lines, u can count on that.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic A 1-2 Yaletown

Another good, hard match between the downtown rivals. In all likelihood, the top four in 2C won't change after today's result. Our series with Bombastic has been a bit odd, but the 2-2 aggregate score is probably a fair result. While I thought we were unfortunate to lose 1-0 to Bombastic in October, I'm sure they feel equally disappointed that they were unable to take a point today.
Bombastic opened the scoring on one of many long corners, with their center-back heading in from a tight angle (through the legs of the defender on the post). Yaletown struck back on a breakaway with about ten minutes left in the half, and 1-1 was a fair reflection of the even play in the first 45.
Bombastic knew that nothing but a win would help their drive to catch us in the standings, and pushed forward accordingly. They had countless free-kicks and corners in the second, and the height of some of their players created many dangerous opportunities. YFC, on the other hand, was limited to a few counter-attacks, but managed to put one away with about fifteen minutes left. The end of the game involved us holding on as Bombastic threw everyone forward, but the 2-1 scoreline held.
There was a bit of chippiness between a couple of players, but the referee did a fair job keeping things under control, and most of Bombastic's players are classy even when it gets a bit rough. On the whole, I think both teams can be happy with three points each from our two matchups this season. Interestingly, the goal Bombastic scored today is the first one we've conceded in the league since Bombastic beat us 1-0 in October.
At least it looks like we'll be able to make up our game against Punjab now that they suffered a shock loss in the cup...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The season is beginning to wind down now but there are still a few important games left, mostly in group B, in which any one of three teams could win promotion. My matches of the week are:

Group A: Belmont v. Signmaster - There is little chance of the Bellends catching the Hindmasters but should still be a good matchup. Of course both teams may not actually care, but I do. I really do. I'll take Belmont to squeak out a win.

Group B: NK v. Primos (Sunday at Adanac) - Obviously this is a huge game. The biggest of the year for both teams (at least so far anyway). Primos, NK Hrvat and JB's are all still in the hunt for promo. This is the only game left for Primos though, and if they beat NK they will win the division, as neither NK or JB's will be able to catch them. If Primos tie or lose then things are still unclear. I will predict a tie game, say 1-1, which will leave things open for the JB's to sneak their large asses into the reckoning. By the way, anyone going to the game? Termatofylakas? Bonefish? I will try to make it, beer in hand.

Group C: SPH v. Yaletown. Nothing to play for here but pride. I figure the Latte Boys will give it a go but come up just short. I'll say 3-2 Hurricanes.

What does everyone else think? Let's hear it.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dapotayto said:
Group C: SPH v. Yaletown. Nothing to play for here but pride. I figure the Latte Boys will give it a go but come up just short. I'll say 3-2 Hurricanes.
I don't predict the results of my own games, but regardless of who wins, I'd be surprised if the scoreline is that high. A lot depends on the pitch they give us, tho, since David Lam is a fcuking nightmare and closed for the year.
The Havarti/Primos match should be worth watching, in any case. Primos are a good bunch of guys and it would be nice to see them go back up. On the other hand, it would be refreshing if the classless hicks from NK who post on this site would move to another division, so I'm not sure which team I'd rather see win.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dapotayto said:
Group A: Belmont v. Signmaster - There is little chance of the Bellends catching the Hindmasters but should still be a good matchup. Of course neither team may not actually care, but I do. I really do. I'll take Belmont to squeak out a win.
Dapotayto said:
Correct you are - we are not interested in promotion, nor is it really attainable after the two straight ties. We really like playing Signmaster though as the two teams are very similar and it's always a spirited affair :)

17 guys out for Cup games and 9 and 10 guys out for our last two league games...wonder how interested we are in finishing first...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oggy...The only hick with no class is you. The Watcher has stated before that those are not NK players making those posts that have you so bothered. That being said, as rude as they are, they are turning out to be prophetic. Unlike you and all the other Yaletown yuppies who will always be pathetic.

NK to steamroll over the impotent Primos leaving no doubt as to who is the team of teams in division two. This without three starters on defence as Yomama, Hags and the Warlock are all out of town for this one.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watcher, if you were ever to give me a gift, it would be a win vs the primos. I'm cheering for the train. Best of luck and thanks for the support last Sat vs SPH.

TT

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I suppose the Knights are in both Hrvatska and JB's good books for that tie with Primos a couple of weeks back... Unless half the team gets poked by all the discarded needles at Strathcona, JB's should easily cruise. A tie in the Primos- Hrvatska match could set up for a fantastic race to the wire. Look out Greenies, the Unicorns are playing some close games these day. Punjab should bounce back from their reality check in cup play. Look for the Knights to continue with their fine play of late. I hope Keeper manages to show up and get some fine photos of the Primos-Hrvatska MOTW.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dr.j said:
I hope Keeper manages to show up and get some fine photos of the Primos-Hrvatska MOTW.
I hope my lens doesn't break.

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

watcher said:
Oggy...The only hick with no class is you. The Watcher has stated before that those are not NK players making those posts that have you so bothered. NK to steamroll over the impotent Primos leaving no doubt as to who is the team of teams in division two.
So the classless hicks who shoot off their mouths dont actually play for NK? Hmmm, this surely must include you after that little rant?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Preparing for the big game
When the snow began a fallin
The battle of all battles
The weather is a stallin

Now the Primos have to wait
While the locomotive runs over others
Leave your families at home
Not sisters but fathers, mothers, brothers

So all of you doubters
Who like to put the good train down
Will have to tip all of your hats
When the steam engine dawns the crown

To once again be called the champs
In the cup for all div.2
Followed by promotion to the 1st div
This is our destiny its true.

So whether you like it or not
You have to ask yourself
Will that beautiful old trophy
Remain on Watchers bookshelf.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its hard to type with this jacket that makes my hands stay behind my back!

All the loonies down here at the institution are pullin for the train.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey...You are alive. Why don't you give your friend a call.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, McDirty has friends?

Awfully quiet in here. Looks like the NK-Primos game is a go this Sunday at 4:00pm, Caribou School Turf (never heard of it). Anyone have any thoughts, coherent or otherwise? Anyone going to watch the game, coherent or otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0