Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benihana

Nov 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played for the Bombastic B-team this week at China Creek before the big showdown between our A-team and Douglas Park. The pitch looked pretty nice untill I went for a warm up run and sank in to my ankles on the west side of midfeild, oh and watch out for the dog shite! Honestly I can't stand dog owners who don't pick up after their dog drops a big steamer in the middle of the feild. Anyway after our game the feild was significantly muddier then when we started. It was too bad that the BFC : DPR game had to be played on that feild and not on turf, probably would have been a better game to watch. It would be nice if the league would step up for important games like that and make room on a turf.

Oh well, maybe if I actually go to practice this week I might have a chance to sub for our Div 2 team next week when we take on West Van at the mud bowl again, sweet.........

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I'm Back

Well after close to a 15 month leave of absense I'm actually reading TTP posts and find the whole world upside down. A Div 3 once again, new clubs (and names) while Bombastic leads the power rankings. Who would of thought we not only could keep the ball out of the net as we usually do but we seem to be able to score this year.

Anyway, just wanted to clear up the China Creek thing. Bandcamp is right as well as the little birdie he is chatting with. BFC is trying to make this our club park for all 5 teams (3 men's and 2 women's). Right now my understanding is we are still working with the women's metro League scheduler to clear up a Sunday 12 noon time for our Classics team to play. I predict this will all be cleared up by Christmas.

But with the read about the mud hole on the west side of the pitch I'm starting to wonder if this is just going to be a poor man's D. Lam.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-lect 0 Yaletown 3

Another slop fest at the Lam.... C-lects only had 10 guys for the entire match, and in the second half it started to really show as they looked fatigued. YFC's effort was probably best summed up by a c-lect player who spoke to me after the game: "You guys gotta learn how to shoot!". Nevertheless, we managed to grab 1 goal before half and 2 more after the break. A clean game for the most part, and a consistent ref.

Here's hoping for better conditions for next week at Kensington, although I'm not too optimistic. Anyone played there lately?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 3 - B United 0

We followed the C-Lects/ Yaletown game at David Lam and were subject to even worse conditions. United played a much better game than the first time we played them - even had a number of subs. 1-0 at the half on a PK. No idea if the decision was fair or not as from my vantage point on defence I couldn't tell. B United started the 2nd half with some decent pressure, but after about 5 minutes we regained control and a couple of pretty nice goals at about the 55th minute and 70th minute sealed the deal. We're definitely closer to where we thought we would be as a team at this point in the season after stumbling out of the gate. :wa:

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting 0 Roos 0
The Fraser Valley Premier must be pretty soft. This is the 4th tie for these Superheros. The Green Devils will catch them in the end, and the Nanak boys wish they had stayed in the Valley.
Go you Hairy Roos.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 4 Alemania 2

Well to begin with we should have had this game rescheduled due to the loss of our good friend the Keeper , although the league had different ideas seeing as how the games must go on :(. The rattler returns from his game suspension for too many yellows (go figure) with a brand new pair of copa's just out of the box with not a touch to their name. 30 secs in ball comes to me top of the 18 I first time it in the corner and the boots are now bronzed on my mantle forever enshrined in rattler history. They have 10 and so do we although they could have had more but I don't think it would have mattered today as all were inspired to win one for the Keeper on this day. We make it 4-0 at half and by this time their final man had shown to complete the lineup , our last man never did show up and we finished with 10. They score 2 in the second half albeit a couple more could have gone in for us with some better passing and less shooting from 30 yards out. One of the better Knights' victories for those who were there and it was a real treat having Angelo ref the game as he called a good one , cheers to the Alemania lads for a good game and good luck in the cup. The rattler's man of the match was number2 who ran effortlessly and gave more than his all today leaving everything on the field. In loving memory of Marcus Dresell I hope we did you proud today my friend , I hope we did you proud may you rest in peace.

your friend , Jared McGowan (the rattler)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big hug out to number2. Nobody should have to bury their brother especially a great guy like you.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aryana 1 vs Norvan 3
Started the game with 8 got our 9th after 5-10min. Scored the first goal, got our 10th and 11th about 20min in. Aryana pull 1 back. We go up 2-1 on a cross that was headed home. To start the 2nd half we are back to 10. Get the 3rd goal after their keeper takes down our forward and the pk is awarded. We lose another player to a hammy with about 25 left to take us down to 9. Aryana starts pressuring and controlling play more but we hold them off.

Last weeks game UBC 2 vs Norvan 2. UBC are a good team but need some more experience(Grit, Strength) as we came back to tie after being down 2 players with red cards. They also had a late red card that had the teams at 10 vs 9 for the last 15min or so.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting 0 Roos 0
The Fraser Valley Premier must be pretty soft. This is the 4th tie for these Superheros.

You do realize you tied GN and you didn't beat them??? You also realize that GN was always at the bottom of the Fraser Valley Premier and every year they just barely avoided relagation? So your claiming that Fraser Valley Prem is soft because you tied a team, (which beat you earlier in the season 4-0) its funny because you managed to have 1 shot all game???

ps. If GN thought they were superheros they wouldnt be playing in Div 2 against a joke of a team like yours.;)

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You do realize you tied GN and you didn't beat them??? You also realize that GN was always at the bottom of the Fraser Valley Premier and every year they just barely avoided relagation? So your claiming that Fraser Valley Prem is soft because you tied a team, (which beat you earlier in the season 4-0) its funny because you managed to have 1 shot all game???

ps. If GN thought they were superheros they wouldnt be playing in Div 2 against a joke of a team like yours.;)

I feel your anger and your disappointment. Come out to our next game for a group hug. :wa:

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel your anger and your disappointment. Come out to our next game for a group hug. :wa:

Why do u guys keep acting like u won a game or a final? First off, we are still in first place, yeah we might have to work harder to get to Div 1 now but at least we still have a very good chance, just like u guys right? lol goof ur embarassing urself. Second of all, u guys didnt even win the game, u guys are sitting in a position tied for last place, now thats pretty sad on our part to even tie u guys but its even sadder that ur celebrating, just shows how shite of a team u guys really are. Disappointed? Definetly, Angry? Yupp, and we know you can feel it because it happens to u guys week in and week out, I wonder how u guys would have celebrated if u had beat us lol sleep with eachother? For fcuk sakes, u guys have 5 points.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do u guys keep acting like u won a game or a final? First off, we are still in first place, yeah we might have to work harder to get to Div 1 now but at least we still have a very good chance, just like u guys right? lol goof ur embarassing urself. Second of all, u guys didnt even win the game, u guys are sitting in a position tied for last place, now thats pretty sad on our part to even tie u guys but its even sadder that ur celebrating, just shows how shite of a team u guys really are. Disappointed? Definetly, Angry? Yupp, and we know you can feel it because it happens to u guys week in and week out, I wonder how u guys would have celebrated if u had beat us lol sleep with eachother? For fcuk sakes, u guys have 5 points.

is it tRue u guys have been playing with players that are suspended in the fraser valley league?:eek:

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we had 2 players with the u21 team that are suspended under BC soccer from couple of yrs ago, both of them dont play soccer anymore.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any idea why NK-PCOV next weekend is already postponed on the Excellent Site? Recent results in 2A mean that PCOV are definitely back in the hunt, and that is a massive game...

Huge game tomorrow and then again on Sunday. PCOV need to have a very sucsexful weekend.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the rumor mill is churning and the latest gossip is that NK have once again parted ways with their coach. If this is true then forget about promotion, next stop for the geriatric train is Div 3. CHOOO CHOOO!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the rumor mill is churning and the latest gossip is that NK have once again parted ways with their coach. If this is true then forget about promotion, next stop for the geriatric train is Div 3. CHOOO CHOOO!
The rumor mill seems to be functioning well. According to the Excellent Site, NK went down 4-1 to PCOV on Friday. Any info on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0