Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those wondering...

PCOV 4 NK 1

Cold night on the turf. Game tied at one about sixty minutes in, then we pack it in and collapse for three goals. Game well and truly over. Kudos to PCOV. I think it's safe to say that they really outworked/outhustled us. Other than one or two guys we didn't show any real passion and, obviously, that is costly against a good team. Looks like PCOV are back in the hunt. Onto the JB's Monday. Should be stellar weather, hopefully my testes will have emerged from their cold-induced hiding by then.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 3 Cleos 1
Down at David Lam where the sun was shining, the women were rollerblading by, the ocean was gleaming, the dog shite was steaming and the field freshly carpet bombed and scarred as if it were along the DMZ in Vietnam circa 1970. Needless to say, the ball bounced high and often, the game looked like it was contested between two Div 8C boys teams and the result was predicted. On to another bottom-feeder next week. Oh, to only have more games against teams like Shaheen, Squamish and Bombastic where we can play a real game-- now that is soccer.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV beat NK Hrvat 4-1,

It was a good game the Ref was okay. PCOV went up 1 nill in the first half and Hrvat didn't have many good chances. In the second haf the PCOV keeper took down a Hrvat Forward for a penalty shot Hrvat converted making it 1-1 however minutes later PCOV scored again and took the wind from Hrvat sails and never let up Hrvat pressed and PCOV countered with another 2 goals making it 4-1.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 3 - Signmaster 1

A pretty good game which saw the 1st half with momentum shifts equally. We scored in about the 30th minute after holding a bit of the play then Signmaster pressed for the last 10 minutes and we held them at bay. 2nd half saw a PK for each team (both deserved from my standpoint) as well as an odd man rush goal in the 80th minute when Signmaster was pressing. One of the Signmaster boys was yapping about the reffing, but he blew calls both ways - there were times when we were left shaking our heads as well. Although overall it was adequate Div 2 reffing in my books.

Probably our weakest game in the last month, but we still managed to stay to our system and pull out a 'W'. :)

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 PCOV 1

Good game all around, Rangers took the lead early and PCOV battled back to score one just before the half. Second half was more of the same I'd say PCOV had more chances however couldn't finish and the Rangers made us pay for it when they capitalized going up 2-1. Hats off to Rangers they played well and definelty deserve to be up at the top of the tables.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 PCOV 1

Good game all around, Rangers took the lead early and PCOV battled back to score one just before the half. Second half was more of the same I'd say PCOV had more chances however couldn't finish and the Rangers made us pay for it when they capitalized going up 2-1. Hats off to Rangers they played well and definelty deserve to be up at the top of the tables.
I was hoping PCOV would do us some favors today, but it looks like things are still unchanged up top. Bosna came very close to helping Rangers seize first spot, but gave up the only goal of the game with three minutes left to play. Bosna are a vastly improved side, and have picked up several skilled players since the beginning of the season. However, they came out today with a scoreless draw in their sights, and were restricted to a couple of wayward 30+ yard shots. Play was in their end all game, but their excellent sweeper combined with a shitty pitch and some dubious calls to keep us off the scoreboard. We had the ball in the back of their net twice only to have it called back both times for fouls, the second of which was highly suspect as a Bosna defender ran over his own keeper. With only a couple of minutes to play, our striker picked up the ball in our half, dribbled past three defenders, and fired the ball past the keeper from six yards to send the Bosna fans into an angry rage. They've picked up quite a few players from Kosova, and also seem to have gained some of the more psychotic fans. The game itself was clean, and the Bosna players are a good bunch, but some of the spectators were over the top. Bosna's recent winning record is no fluke, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the top four by the end of the season.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was disappointed to hear some of the Bosna supporters slinging the racial slurs out, mostly after we scored the goal. Like Oggy said, the Bosna players were a good bunch, but the fans were a little ridiculous. I almost thought we were playing at Clinton park there for a minute..... :eek:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The field is not in very good shape and apparently there is some wet snow coming down but not sticking yet. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play goal keeper or come on as a sub as it is colder than a witches T-eye-T.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The field is not in very good shape and apparently there is some wet snow coming down but not sticking yet. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play goal keeper or come on as a sub as it is colder than a witches T-eye-T.
whee.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
:knvb::knvb::knvb:If you can't take the abuse from the fans then you should go and play badminton and not football.:bronco::bronco::bronco:

Heckling is one thing.... racial slurs are another. It sure takes a big man to sling that stuff out. I go to the field every week to play football, not to listen to fcuking idiots spew that crap.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heckling is one thing.... racial slurs are another. It sure takes a big man to sling that stuff out. I go to the field every week to play football, not to listen to fcuking idiots spew that crap.

I agree with you completely racial slurs have no business at a football field specially a DIV 2 game. But you know what they say those that can't play, just watch. :D

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I checked out confed turf and it looks like that game was cancelled. It looked more like a pond then a football pitch.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 4-1 over Lomas. Knights made full ammends for their obviously distracted effort last time out against the pumpkin coloured Lomas. The Knights scored early and controlled play for most of the game. Kudos to their goalie who helped prevent a drubbing with several big saves and the big man in midfield who was their best player by far. Limiting his involvement to a few long distance efforts and shutting down their small, and quick forwards made for a relatively quiet night for our keeper. An excellent effort on a miserable, and late, night. Who schedules 9 oclock games on a Wednesday??? Better finishing on the Knights part could have made the outcome even more decisive. On to a very difficult, and Bonefish Rankings affecting, matchup against GN.
On a side note, on behalf of the Westside Knights I would like to convey our respect and extreme gratitude to coach Kane. He has decided to relinquish his coaching duties to concentrate on his rehabilitation from a career threatening injury. We would not exist as a team were it not for Greg's dedication, perserverence, sponsorship, and belief in continuing the Knights tradition of fair and competitive play. I am sure that his pregame pep talks will never be equated let alone surpassed (Think Monty Burns' pregame speech during the softball game episode...). Stuff legends are made of!!! We only hope that he can return and continue adding to his totals as the Knights all time scoring leader. Thanks for everything Greg.

hoffa123

Apr 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the win Knights you deserve it..I cant wait till the lomas get all their players back from injury though they will truely look like a diff team. Kudos to you for the win ..good luck

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you spell piss taking?

I spell it Rangers FC 5 Norvan JB's 0

The JB's played hard but were without any depth on the day. Army with a classic coaching W.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OD and Burnsie= drunkest fans ever.

i have no idea how he could still see to type that.

JBS started with 9 got to 11 about 25 in but was already 2-0. They created a few chances in the second and hit a crossbar and ripped some straight at our keeper but their 9 man start doomed them in the beginning. Finally starting to get a bit healthier with a coupkle of guys out last night after a not playing in a month or so. Still a few more to get better but a step in the proper direction for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0