Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nomad\no-mad\n 1: a member of a people with no fixed residence but wandering from place to place. 2: an individual who roams about aimlessly.

No wonder there aren't any of them on TTP......And by the way this is the NK forum. chug chug chug chug chug....chug chug chug chug chug....chug chug chug chug chug....

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh, its late so I might as well take you up on that offer :p, oh shite by the way I won't be able to make practice this week, and i am very doubtfull for the game, i'm gonna do my best but sum major problems cam e up at awork

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
you know what guys!?! I really think NK should have their own forum on here :p

What if NK gets promoted to div. 1. Imagine how interesting the div. 2 threads would be.. :eek:

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this chat about some kind of train is kind of getting annoying but I guess that's why we all love this site so much. Some convincing wins by NK in the first 3 weeks and a closer than expected game against Nomads leads up to a great match this weekend. Although the Primo / Green Devils tilt is the toast of the week , the NK / Westside match will provide some much anticipated competition for the supposed train. A hard fought battle should be expected and although we may eat the rhubarb crisp as a pregame meal I know this will be a great match. Good luck to all and keep your chin up and your stick on the ice ;)

cheers , the texas rattlesnake :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane said:
what are you on about man!!

Er, I'm on about a gram of mushrooms and a joint or two. Why do you ask?

Texas Titillater, you should know that while it is traditional for the NKH lads to beak off every year about the NK train and to stay clear of the tracks and chugga chugga choo choo and so on and so on, it is also traditional for them to be raped on the soccer field just as their crowing reaches its peak. That should be, oh, right about now.

SofaKingGood said:
Haven't seen these teams play, but I'll take a stab and say Greens over the Primos 3-2 on a 78th min header off of a corner

Ooookay. Ah, would you mind being a little more precise with your prediction please SKG?

"Rza" Ruddock

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am just backing up Oggy's question regarding Sporting Punjabs ever changing squad. When we played them on 'opening night' at Queens Park they had a very stacked team and a large number of reserves. Their three strikers were exceptional, as good as I have seen in Div2 and yet in subsequent games we have watched SPH play, they have not made an appearance. Perhaps Strictly Business could shed some light on this?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos unhappy with Moyes over Cahill

That is too bad Peta!!! I wouldn't worry as Cahill is off form this year!! Still wouldn't help.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="Rza" Ruddock]Their three strikers were exceptional, as good as I have seen in Div2 and yet in subsequent games we have watched SPH play, they have not made an appearance. Perhaps Strictly Business could shed some light on this?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely Rza - they have actually been to all three of the subsequent games. A couple of them had to come at half-time for a couple of games b/c of other commitments but they have been to all the games. Unfortunately we have missed a couple of guys with injury since that opening night game but the team hopes to have them all back within a couple of weeks.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well then, that clears things up. They were there they just were not there yet. Well a couple of them anyway. There were also a couple of guys that were injured. We are just not sure if its the ones that were or weren't there that were injured. But they were there. Somewhere. What I really want to know, though, is where you Hurricane lads were during the month of September. Actually the governors of Louisiana and Texas were wondering too. A lot of hurricanes spotted in the States lately.

Anyone here read the Da Vinci Code or have an enigma machine handy? I'm still trying to decipher Slowmotion's post and I could use a little help. What I've got so far that it is not any of the players' faults the team almost lost points to a nine-man Nomad squad, it is only the coach's fault. Anything I missed?

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
nomad\no-mad\n 1: a member of a people with no fixed residence but wandering from place to place. 2: an individual who roams about aimlessly.

No wonder there aren't any of them on TTP......And by the way this is the NK forum. chug chug chug chug chug....chug chug chug chug chug....chug chug chug chug chug....

Hey Watcher, you should lend your dictionary to your buddy, slowmotion, plus any other books on grammar, usage, and syntax in the english language. And although there aren't any Nomads posting here I know there are at least a couple of former ones (Devil Himself?). (this season he's roaming aimlessly on the sideline waiting for his 10 minutes of playing time :) ) I don't know why you guys are so surprised that the Nomads made a close game of it despite being short players. Didn't they beat you guys both times they played you last year?

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Well then, that clears things up. They were there they just were not there yet. Well a couple of them anyway. There were also a couple of guys that were injured. We are just not sure if its the ones that were or weren't there that were injured. But they were there. Somewhere. What I really want to know, though, is where you Hurricane lads were during the month of September. Actually the governors of Louisiana and Texas were wondering too. A lot of hurricanes spotted in the States lately.

Dap - too much information above. Let's keep it simple - they were there. As for the States - talk to George W.

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Hey Watcher, you should lend your dictionary to your buddy, slowmotion, plus any other books on grammar, usage, and syntax in the english language. And although there aren't any Nomads posting here I know there are at least a couple of former ones (Devil Himself?). (this season he's roaming aimlessly on the sideline waiting for his 10 minutes of playing time :) ) I don't know why you guys are so surprised that the Nomads made a close game of it despite being short players. Didn't they beat you guys both times they played you last year?

Even though its no secret the some of the Devils were Nomads for one season last year, doesnt mean were we want that tag line associated with us. Were are a totally different team. Lots of players from last years Nomads left for many other teams including Westside, Bombastic just to name a few.

As for my playing time, coming off injury, you know its just a matter of time, then Im back again.

Hey 5th Back, talking a little smack for your 3rd team in 3 years. If I recall correctly when Nomads recruited from last year, you didnt quite make the cut from the "No man Nads" and yet again had to move to yet another team...I suspect didnt quite work out there with Richmond either. Wow, now The almighty "New C-men Team"
Whats up for Fall 2006....Socceroos???

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
Even though its no secret the some of the Devils were Nomads for one season last year, doesnt mean were we want that tag line associated with us. Were are a totally different team. Lots of players from last years Nomads left for many other teams including Westside, Bombastic just to name a few.

As for my playing time, coming off injury, you know its just a matter of time, then Im back again.

Hey 5th Back, talking a little smack for your 3rd team in 3 years. If I recall correctly when Nomads recruited from last year, you didnt quite make the cut from the "No man Nads" and yet again had to move to yet another team...I suspect didnt quite work out there with Richmond either. Wow, now The almighty "New C-men Team"
Whats up for Fall 2006....Socceroos???

Hey Devil, you took that little jab better than expected. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, didn't know you were so sensitive. As for making the cut with those teams, actually I left by choice. And as for playing with the c-men I think I told you the circumstances about that. And by the way, I was a starter with all of those teams and my current team. Can you say the same? p.s. I didn't know that playing with those silly mexicans would make you so soft. (that's from our loudmouth striker) Anyways, share the waterboy duties with Pat - keep it fair. :p :p :bronco:

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

S. Punjab Hurricanes "A"
EV Socceroos FC
This one is just simply going to be painfull

Bombastic SC "A"
Kosova SC "A"
I think this is going to be a low scoring tie

Real MacDonald
IFC Zawisza
Za Wa What The! 3-1
C-Men United
Portuguese Club
PC 5-2
FC Sandzak
Yaletown FC
YFC 4-2

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
5th back, Pat has hijacked some tequilla from the mexis. now thats some high quality H20 were providing from the sides.
As for the C-men, best move you've made (on and off the field)...I know the reasons for the move, Im just TTP you...

About you're loud mouth stryker, How many games has he appeared at of ours? I guess he just wanted a few pointers on what its like to actually score a goal

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
5th back, Pat has hijacked some tequilla from the mexis. now thats some high quality H20 were providing from the sides.
As for the C-men, best move you've made (on and off the field)...I know the reasons for the move, Im just TTP you...

About you're loud mouth stryker, How many games has he appeared at of ours? I guess he just wanted a few pointers on what its like to actually score a goal

Ya, no offense from my side either. I thought since we've played on the same back line in the past that I'd have some leeway to ttp. But, the socceroos? Now that hurts! As for your prediction on our game this weekend, I won't be there so that won't help, but I think we have a good chance of beating those guys.

Hey devil( loudmouth here<--------) How are you?....great....You know you are probably right....Ever since I' ve been on my vacation from the field I have come to a few of your games and did take some pointers...they paid off on the sunday when i scored the only goal for our team....Thanks....anyways I also took some pointers from you.......the best way to keep pat happy on the sidelines is to rub him down eh?

I'll see you saturday and good luck!!!
P.S. Maybe I'll bring the whole C-men squad so they can all take some pointers for sundays game against the portuguesse since you are pridicting a loss for " THE MIGHTY MIGHTY C-MEN" right!!!!! :knvb: :rolleyes: :D

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loud M stryker. I expecting big things from you this weekend. With your first few games back after that unfair suspension.

Hey there just predictions, but what the $#%* do I know. I do realize you havent played your best soccer yet, So hurry up and show the rest of 2C and climb out of the basement.

Your def right, I think dear old Patty prefers sitting the s. lines (i think he's hoping for a mexican rub down)

Nothing gets a team going more, then to have other TTPers predict a loss

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
Nothing gets a team going more, then to have other TTPers predict a loss
Exactly. Unfortunately, some TTPers have started giving Yaletown a little bit of respect, and that is killing our motivation. I preferred it back when Rikashay grouped us with last year's MacDonald Realty and said we shouldn't even be in the league. Oh, well, maybe I can motivate myself with my own predictions:
Sandzak 35-0 Yaletown FC
(just for motivation :D )

Bombastic SC 2-1 Kosova
Haven't seen Bombastic play, but Kosova might be a bit soft after playing the bottom three sides.

Punjab 14-0 Roos
Last year Alemania thrashed MacDonald 15-0, and this seems to be a comparable disparity of talent.

Real MacDonald 1-2 Zawisza
Zawisza are distracted by the views from Point Grey and go down a goal early.

C-Men 4-4 Portuguese Club
Both of these teams are pretty front-heavy. This should be the highest-scoring match of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0