Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just thinking about the 'Keep' today. TTP is not the same without him. Please pass along my best wishes and tell him to smarten up already or else I will "run him" with the backfat in full effect!!

Attachments

• FatBastard.gif
    FatBastard.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 387

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been longer than a few months and I believe he still in the chemo stages which for anyone familiar with cancer treatment knows, is a hamburger hill all in itself.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What exactly is going on with Keeper???????

Wish I could say my brother is well, but sadly, he's not. :( He is battling one evil opponent yet fighting valiantly, but it's definitely taking a toll on him. The chemo ended late August with little effect.

He's home with wife and daughter, often tired much of the day & thin, but spending quality time with them nonetheless.

He hasn't been 'online' lately but I try to keep him current as to the Div 2 ongoings. He's more focused on family and ,of course to a lesser extent, his 46" Sony Bravia with Digital HD Cable.

He has OK'd it with me however to suggest to those that know him and wish to wish to pass an any messages, to send them to myself. I'll then take them (notes/messages/wellwishes/whatever) to him in hardcopy form.

Feel free to contact me directly for more info.

Cheers,
Rob (number2)

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks # 2. I would have put this on another thread so that messages could be compiled on the subject but I did not Know how. I guess I needed Keeper for that...

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

On behalf of NK Hrvat, we hope you get well soon.

Bonefish,

Did I miss your predictions this week or are they yet to be posted?

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3 Hellas 0

Hellas were never really in it. It could have been more had we capitalized on more of our chances.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish the #!%@$! City would get off their strike hangover and cancel the fields on Friday so we don't have to suit up, put nets up only to have the ref decide to cancel the game at 1:58PM. Great way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday. At least the beers in the cooler were put to good use, albeit 90 minutes early.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay, I fully agree. Pretty obvious about Thursday that we were in the midst of a deluge and it would be a poor decision to play on the fields. Waste of not only a few hours, but a whole weekend having to go to a field only to be finally told the field is unplayable when that has been a foregone conclusion for days... I DO NOT look forward to the same scenario for us up at Trimble tomorrow...

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-0 over Hellas. A convincing victory made even sweeter by the official return from a 6 month stay on the injured list for the legendary Dr.J. Hellas are definitely prime candidates for relegation. How they squeeked the Goo Boys I will never know. On any given day I suppose. Thanks to #2's missus for cooking up another fine batch of apple crisp.
Div 2's senior set continue to make a case for moving up in the Bonefish rankings. Is there a not quite "truly" undefeated category??
Smoke and mirrors baby...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
YFC 2-1 UBC

Good match, if a bit frustrating. The main thing was to get over Monday's debacle, and it didn't look like it was going to happen for quite some time. The first half was one-way traffic towards the UBC goal, but the couple of decent chances didn't find the net. UBC scores on their only good chance of the game about five minutes into the second half, when their right back curls a 20-yard free kick over the wall. Great stuff for this level. After that, YFC rattles the UBC crossbar three times and has several other chances and fails to score until the last 15, when a free kick is headed back across goal into the corner. The equalizer puts UBC into disarray, which is just due to a lack of experience. With 5 minutes left, we get a breakaway and the UBC keeper tries to charge it down about 25-30 yards from the goal, which is never a good policy, especially on nice turf where the striker can pick his spot.

UBC will definitely trouble teams and get points with their workrate, but the lack of experience is still a problem. A couple of older players in pivotal positions would do them a lot of good. Today's match was interesting in that it was a bit of a undergrads vs. grads showdown, since most of our squad are UBC grads or grad students. It's always good to get one over on the younger generation :D

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOO CHOOOCRASSSHHHHHHHHH the engine stals here, the mighty power rangers summond up all their mighty powers and morphed into super robot that stuck its foot out into the path of the train. 3:0 for the rangers, great game by them. First goal came for them about 5 mins in with a great volley about 20 yards out right to the post, perhaps savable but i was too stunned by how pretty it was and the fact that i've never seen a shot like than in div 1 or 2. second was a break away where their player dribbled past 3 of our dummies, pardon, our defenders :p about 10 mins in. than the game leveled and NK had their chances with the ranger in red making some nice saves. Second half was pretty even with the rangers having a nice cross in from a free kick which resulted in an own goal, but it was going to be a goal regardless. Ref was ok, there were some suspect calls how ever certainly didn't make a diff in the game. The Ladner boys still play rough, just like the blaze use to *memories of having my head kicked in* but hey, if you can get away with it, why not do it. Will certainly be looking for a rematch. The end

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see the Rangers do the job. Ladner is definitely the roughest away match in this group. Glad to see the result not just for our own sake, but it's good for the group as a whole in that it keeps things tight up top. After two consecutive seasons that were effectively over after 9 games (with Punjab and Romania), I'm looking forward to one that might well go down to the wire. The table's a bit lopsided at first glance, but there is a lot of quality beyond the top three, and JB's, UBC, and PCOV will be doing some serious spoiling, methinks...

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rangers definitely had the advantage tonight with the turf, as they looked far more comfortable on it then we did. It was our first game on the artificial surface....and it showed. I couldn't tell if the smell was us or the cow manure. They had two other things going for them too: Saturday night and Ladner. I'm looking forward to the rematch on grass in lovely east Vancouver, when we should be hungry again. Best thing out of this game was that it makes the group more interesting.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish.... you guys pony up to beat us but then you can only muster a tie against the lowly Cobras? WTF?!? I'll be interested to read the game report on that one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0