Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2008/09

Yaletown FC 1:0 Norwest

Not a pretty game to watch I'm sure. YFC had half a dozen of first class chances, but only put home a long shot late in the second half. Norwest never looked too dangerous and were held to shots from well out that were generally pretty easily handled by our keeper, even though our centre defenders had an off night and were giving up some pretty juicy balls to the norwest forwards. Anyways, another 3 pts. keeps us in within striking distance of the top of the group, although we'll need to finish better in order to challenge against the group leaders.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct 08

Wickham 4 - PG Rangers 1

Well, I don't really know how to sum up this game since the ref had such an impact in the scoreline. We went up 1-0 at about the 25 minute mark, then the ref decided to have a couple of non-calls that directly led to Wickham goals. The first Wickham goal is somewhat understandable, but not really. The Wickham player had a handball inside our 18 (accidental), and we just really stopped playing after our centre mid kicked the ball out of the penalty spot area. A Wickham player then volleyed the clearance towards our net, taking a slight deflection on the way and scored. Play should have been called dead on the handball, but the ref deceded either (a) to play advantage (which inside your 18, there really is none), or (b) didn't see the handball. However, soon after the handball occurred he yelled "play on", which to me indicated that he saw it. But we had already stopped playing. Whatever.... but then their second goal about 5 minutes later saw direct contact with our keeper as he caught the ball which resulted in him bobbling the ball. The ball then went to their striker, hitting him on the hand, and he slotted the ball. Wickham didn't even celebrate as they seemed as shocked as we did that the goal was even allowed.

So we went to the half down 2-1, but feel as though we deserved to be tied or even up. Play was pretty even in first half, but we were extremely frustrated by the ref's decisions. At times Wickham took it to us, but we had some nice counter attacks. Wickham was also frustrated with teh ref. There were a few calls that were dubious - one I know was not an offside that was called offside and a couple of other challenges, but luckily for Wickham none of these directly resulted in a goal against.

Anyways, the 2nd half saw more possession and control from Wickham's side and they scored 2. They deserved the 2nd half as they definitely won it and took it to us, but I can't help think our mindset wasn't thrown off by 1st half decisions by Mr. 60+ yr old referee, even after we settled the boys at halftime. I normally don't complain about reffing, but this was a doozy - probably the worst refereeing in the last 2 years that I've seen. This guy belongs in Div 3 (at best), or more likely U17 girls soccer. No business being in the VMSL. I've never really seen any need to fill out those "referee performance forms" that Azzi sends out, but this will likely result in my first form filled out to Angelo. Hopefully they take it seriously and it isn't just shrugged off.

Basically it just pisses me off that 22+ guys have to give up a Saturday afternoon to be subjected to ref that sh!ts the bed like the guy today.

As for Wickham - well organized, ready to play, hustle well - pressure the ball. Not teh ball possession team that Desmesh is that we played last week, but still a solid club. Desmesh likes the shorter insert pass and the small diagonal runs. Wickham like long balls and crosses a bit more. Obviously they're doing something right being at the top of the table with 16 goals for and 2 against.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct 08

Lomas 1 - 0 Squamish

Good battle at Connaught today. Could've gone either way but we sustained some first half pressure and slotted a beauty about 15 minutes into the second.

A card happy official gave our centre back a very questionable second yellow with about 20 minutes to go, but we were able to hang on to the three points.

Good to have most of the squad back today as we were severely depleted last week and were beaten by the stars.

Darkness_7

Aug 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Desmesh 2 Socceroos 0

Chippy game, we were missing key midfield players, but scrapped out a solid win. Socceroos were unfortunate to not have scored, but the ref kinda shite the bed.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

:cool:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desmesh 2 Socceroos 0

Chippy game, we were missing key midfield players, but scrapped out a solid win. Socceroos were unfortunate to not have scored, but the ref kinda shite the bed.

Not sure what Darkness was watching. I saw a very even game. The Roos hit 2 posts in the first half. In the second half they got away with 2 handballs in the box.
The Ref was OK. Desmesh got a goal 30 secs. before the end.
Desmesh are probably the strongest team we have played so far, but they did not deserve to win by 2 .
We will get them in the second part of this season.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unicorns 5 - 2 Norvan: Another tough day and poor result for a Norvan team struggling to find 90minutes of collective soccer. 4 second half goals conceded, missed opportunities from the opening whistle and victims of some dubious officiating. Unicorns go up 1 on an early PK as a clearance attempt by our sweeper in our 18 with the ball dropping from a 30meter shoot in, careens off his foot through his hand. (There wasn't a Unicorn player in the vicinity) The referee decides it is worthy of a spot kick. Both teams were subjected to a David Lam pitch which is more divit and sand than grass and struggled to find any rhythm as it was almost impossible to make a straight pass on the ground. We claw a goal back on a high through ball that the keeper failed to save on the first attempt and both teams miss other chances. 2nd half begins with Norvan's starting 11 tiring and with no players on the bench it was going to be a test to take points but everyone was in good spirits. Unfortunately, the referee had other ideas and on a clear offside play which he was well in position to make a call, Unicorns get the go ahead goal after 20min of play. This was a deflating goal and forced us to push more and we were unlucky on a couple of occasions. Unicorns got a third goal with the pressure they heat they were putting on our flagging defence but we are able to get one back. In the last 10minutes the banged up Norvan squad give up 2 additional goals to end the disappointing afternoon. Red cards, injuries, "forgot my boots" all conspiring to keep us at the bottom of the table. 4 losses to date but the silver lining is that despite the losses and goals against, we have been winning or tied in all of them to halftime or more. Some depth in the form of new signings are on the horizon, and my foot is feeling much better so I am hoping to be able to return in the next couple of weeks.(I can't bear to watch much more of this from the sideline :) )

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

:cool:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desmesh 2 Socceroos 0

Not sure what Darkness was watching. I saw a very even game. The Roos hit 2 posts in the first half. In the second half they got away with 2 handballs in the box.
The Ref was OK. Desmesh got a goal 30 secs. before the end.
Desmesh are probably the strongest team we have played so far, but they did not deserve to win by 2 .
We will get them in the second part of this season.

2 hand balls in the box? Btw the ref was BRUTAL. All you guys seem to do is run through people from behind and he kept letting you guys do it..I mean running through a guy on a break away?? No card, no FOUL??

If you're going to count missed chances then count the ones where we were point blank infront of your goalie( a good 3 of those)

But credit to you guys, you're big and you know how to throw your weight around. Don't expect the same game the next time we play...we were missing our best player and a few others. We used 5 kids aged 15-16, so again don't think next game will get any easier.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama is Watcher coaching or is John coaching? I hear a radio feed back. Must be an old busness man droping in. They call that stitches where I come from. You guys just got by yestrday nice. See when Watcher talks crap. Boys from other clubs come ready.
Sit him down and roll a fat one and let the old man calm down. It is a long season. I still can not balive what went wrong with Tony and PCOV. Tell watcher that the Drum in north burnaby is getting dam smelly and baker man's feet must be getting hot. Good luck in your next game. It shoud be fan to watch next two games.

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unfortunately, the referee had other ideas and on a clear offside play which he was well in position to make a call, Unicorns get the go ahead goal after 20min of play.

That's the danger of playing the offside trap with no linesmen. The "offside" was never clear and even if it was it makes up for the numerous other offside calls he made throughout the game that never where.

Credit to your guys though, even with a depleted squad and no subs you fought well till the end.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's the danger of playing the offside trap with no linesmen. The "offside" was never clear and even if it was it makes up for the numerous other offside calls he made throughout the game that never where.
Point taken, but of all of the offside plays...that was the wrong call. 3rd party persons taking in the game from the beachwalk even commented on it. Anyways, that one call was not the reason for us losing, I will put lack of finish way further up the list as we could have had a lead with our first half chances. You guys closed out the game well and finished your dinner in the second half with some nicely worked goals. Till next time...

Darkness_7

Aug 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game I was watching was the one where I scored the 2nd goal, while being run through by your defender, but hey what can I say, We'll take the win.

what

Sep 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys just got by yestrday nice. See when Watcher talks crap. Boys from other clubs come ready.
neither side really had many chances except for a couple in the 1st by nk. our goalie actually reluctantly received the game ball, but the fact was that nearly everyone else, save maybe a strong back line, had a poor showing. credit to douglas, tho. minus flailing elbows and ass-grabbing hands, they played a strong and consistent match.

friday should be a doozy

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mc Dirty here you go again your suger count must be off again. Carbon does efect the clear thoughts. Sitting is fine just do not bring heat on to your self by posting unbalanced posts. Cheers good luck in your next game.
Yomama what is with this guy.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad game between NK Hrvat and HNK Vatreni. Game was out of controll. Ref was way out of his league. First goal ball was way over the line one of the NK guys brought it back and they scored. In second half players were running each other at full speed. Ref was so unbalanced to the point that he was giving a yellow cards to wrong players.
Angelo my god whats up. You know better. In my opinion this game should be repayed with a ref that could do the game. I was just a neutral guy watching the game.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the problem with Division 2 soccer, refs are either hit or miss... and the bad ones are REALLY bad it seems. They do end up having a major effect on the outcome of the game. Pity as in crucial games it can really screw a team's season, not only that particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0