Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rematch better be worth it. With all the chest pounding and Tarzan calls, it would be very disappointing to watch the rematch fizzle.

Anyways, we're playing the Stars this weekend. Never seen them before. Any word on how they play? Ball possession team? Kick and run? Youngsters? Old men?

Straight ball possession...

Small but very quick and talented up front so don't give them too much room. They're only problem is poor defensive play, so if you guys score first, or play counter you may have a chance.

And yes they are all young, 20-24ish.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Straight ball possession...

Small but very quick and talented up front so don't give them too much room. They're only problem is poor defensive play, so if you guys score first, or play counter you may have a chance.

And yes they are all young, 20-24ish.

Agreed. They love the feeding through balls outside to their wingers running diagnolly towards the goal. Watch for it - they burned us for all three goals this way if I recall correctly.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal, NO2 ... thanks for the heads up - looks like I'll be busy on the backline. Akal, by the sounds of it you guys play a pretty similar style to them, although you liked to get it to your forwards more and let them make those runs. Hopefully we get the numbers out this weekend to give em a good game.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal, NO2 ... thanks for the heads up - looks like I'll be busy on the backline. Akal, by the sounds of it you guys play a pretty similar style to them, although you liked to get it to your forwards more and let them make those runs. Hopefully we get the numbers out this weekend to give em a good game.

They use their forwards ALOT. When they get it they like to feed it to an outside mid.

They have dangerous forwards, a dangerous left mid and good center mid. The game against them for us was alot of fun, as both teams played the same ball possession type game.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have dangerous forwards, a dangerous left mid and good center mid. The game against them for us was alot of fun, as both teams played the same ball possession type game.

Yeah now that you mention it I recall everything went through their centre mid. The stocky asian guy (the rest are skinny asian guys:D). If you mark him tightly you should be okay.

What's the scouting report on Wickham? Anyone or anything in particular to look out for or just a well rounded squad?

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah now that you mention it I recall everything went through their centre mid. The stocky asian guy (the rest are skinny asian guys:D). If you mark him tightly you should be okay.

What's the scouting report on Wickham? Anyone or anything in particular to look out for or just a well rounded squad?

IMO they aren't that good, and don't have very much firepower. They play sound defensively, have a good center mid and a pretty good forward. I think their best attribute would be their defensive game. I remember them using the target man alot, and don't hesitate to pump balls out the back. I think any of the top 5 teams in this division (Us, you guys, Stars, Squamish and Shaheen) can beat them on any given night, it just seems they have had luck for the 1st half of the season.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I agree - there's not much separating the top 4 or 5 teams in 2C. I would say that any one of the top tier teams could end up at the top of the table of 2C by year's end.

I would say that the strongest team we played this year so far is Desmesh. But not heads and shoulders above the rest. Of course the Squamish game we got blown out in is a bit of a wildcard as we went up with 3 starters and only 10 guys total, so it was hard to gauge them.

I said at the beginning of the season that Division 2 has been far more competitive in recent years. And it definitely appears this is the case again this year. I think the emergence of Division 3 has resulted in this ... or maybe it's just because I'm not in my 20s any more ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're being way too night to each other........giving tips on the other teams? After all the 'trash-talking' which was going on? Hmmmmmmmm, defeats the purpose of the website when everyone is nice to each other.

:D

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah, good job of puckering up to each other, the rematch is going to be the sissiest soccer game in histroy

You're just sad that we've beaten you guys 3 games in a row now , after running your mouth about how you were" sure they(the stars) will crack you guy(desmesh) this year"

To CS, I haven't said much to NO2 besides discrediting his claim that they deserved to win. Its the other clowns ( monk and the other roid rager) who think they will run us over next game, and I still assure you it won't happen.

ctower10

Nov 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're just sad that we've beaten you guys 3 games in a row now , after running your mouth about how you were" sure they(the stars) will crack you guy(desmesh) this year"

To CS, I haven't said much to NO2 besides discrediting his claim that they deserved to win. Its the other clowns ( monk and the other roid rager) who think they will run us over next game, and I still assure you it won't happen.

we did crack you, we finally scored:D

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're being way too night to each other........giving tips on the other teams? After all the 'trash-talking' which was going on? Hmmmmmmmm, defeats the purpose of the website when everyone is nice to each other.

We have a common goal which is to see Wickham's lead in the division reduced.

I'm sure things will be back to normal in due time.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcdirty you know better than that.Change you posting name, use theother name.
Why are you falling for that. Cold beer and a roller,forget fights on the net.
The Monk 9725 has lots of it. Save it all for the game.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe the mucklomo's and deshmesh debates gone on for three pages

I play for neither team but I'll say

1. Shouldn't knock supporters from outside because that is what will progress our sport at the end of the day will benefits all of us if it can pick up popularity

2. When desmesh posts they over exaggerate everything, it's not posts to be taken seriously ... i think their age shows in their posts

3. Merlomas are only in second because they play on the smallest pitch in the league (which in my mind should not be allowed) and just play kick and rush (field is like what the pee wee's play on, no place for Men's teams) ... it's not soccer and it's not a soccer team .. so i would say get off your high horse

Now lets end this useless debate and start posting some scores!

L

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe the mucklomo's and deshmesh debates gone on for three pages

I play for neither team but I'll say

1. Shouldn't knock supporters from outside because that is what will progress our sport at the end of the day will benefits all of us if it can pick up popularity

2. When desmesh posts they over exaggerate everything, it's not posts to be taken seriously ... i think their age shows in their posts

3. Merlomas are only in second because they play on the smallest pitch in the league (which in my mind should not be allowed) and just play kick and rush (field is like what the pee wee's play on, no place for Men's teams) ... it's not soccer and it's not a soccer team .. so i would say get off your high horse

Now lets end this useless debate and start posting some scores!

L

Oh I get it, we cut you didn't we?:D

Honestly I don't think our pitch is undersized. It could've been 20 yards longer and wider today and the result would've been the same. The fact of the matter is both team play on the same field and our only loss was at home so I don't think the apparent pitch size has anything to do with where we stand.

You're a troll, but I agree with your first point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0